• 1(current)
Mod Aeon MQ 9 Mod for Kodi 21 (Omega)
Aeon MQ 9 Mod v1.2.2

Installation Guide
The Mod is available in my repo.

NOTICE
After installing an update to the skin, if you have "SHOW AEON MQ 8 VIDEO INFO" or "SHOW AEON MQ 8 EXTENDED INFO" selected in the Top Menu, you will need to select the "SHOW DEFAULT" buttons for both and then select the "SHOW AEON MQ 8" buttons again to reload the correct files.

Downloads
Aeon MQ 9 Mod
Original theme pack with additional themes included

New features added to skin
  • I added code to handle the new Movie version feature. There are buttons in the context menu as well as a new "VERSIONS" button in Video Info.

• I added MyFavourites.xml to the skin. This allows different views to display your favourites.

Skin settings scripts
Download

Updates
12/22/23 - Skin update v1.0.2. Read here for more info.
12/22/23 - Skin update v1.0.3. Read here for more info.
12/26/23 - Skin update v1.0.4. Read here for more info.
12/29/23 - Skin update v1.0.5. Read here for more info.
01/07/24 - Skin update v1.0.6. Read here for more info.
01/12/24 - Skin update v1.0.7. Read here for more info.
01/21/24 - Skin update v1.0.8. Read here for more info.
01/28/24 - Skin update v1.0.9. Read here for more info.
02/04/24 - Skin update v1.1.0. Read here for more info.
02/11/24 - Skin update v1.1.1. Read here for more info.
02/16/24 - Skin update v1.1.2. Read here for more info.
02/18/24 - Skin update v1.1.3. Read here for more info.
02/19/24 - Skin update v1.1.4. Read here for more info.
02/25/24 - Skin update v1.1.5. Read here for more info.
03/09/24 - Skin update v1.1.6. Read here for more info.
03/22/24 - Skin update v1.1.7. Read here for more info.
03/31/24 - Skin update v1.1.8. Read here for more info.
04/05/24 - Skin update v1.1.9. Read here for more info.
04/20/24 - Skin update v1.2.0. Read here for more info.
04/25/24 - Skin update v1.2.1. Read here for more info.
04/26/24 - Skin update v1.2.2. Read here for more info.
Got an error regarding colorpicker 2.0.3. Downloaded from git hub, tried installing from repo, Install failed. I must be missing something. Downloaded from above, no option to select Omega Mod. Went to Get More and when I clicked on it, I got Install failed. Not showing in available skins. What am i mising?  Thanks in advance.

Wait...do I need to install the test build first?  Nevermind, still failed. I'm lost
@RonnieG3
Under SETTINGS > SYSTEM > ADD-ONS > UNKNOWN SOURCES, do you have UPDATE OFFICIAL ADD-ONS FROM set to ANY REPOSITORIES?
@latts9923. So far "Favourites" are not working. I also canot add "Weather" sources. It fails to install.

Update on Weather Service.
After Resetting to defaults it downloaded "Multi Weather" service. It is working now.
Linux Mint 21.3 (Edge) "Virginia", Cinnamon DE
NVIDIA Shield Pro,  NAS,  Fractal Design Define R5 Case
Kodi "Omega", FreeBSD "pfSense Plus" Firewall/Router
Tongue 
NO  Sad - I thought I did, LOL. I only had the toggle switched.  I swear, it's the simplest things we overlook

EDIT:  Hey @latts9923, any way you can adjust view type 6 (Poster Lite) to have logo/case start far left? Can I just copy the view file from the Nexus Mod to Omega? If so, which file? Is it easier just to adjust the value? Whatever you think is best.
@andrzejls
I'm not sure why Favourites isn't working for you. I'm going to post the Omega version of the skin setting scripts in this post below...try them and see what happens.

@RonnieG3
Haha...I understand. It's easy to overlook some of these settings.

The focused item is centered in the Nexus view as well. I can look at adding an option to have focus left or centered.

All, here are the skin settings scripts...installation notes included. I'll add them to the original post as well.
(2023-12-17, 13:59)latts9923 Wrote: @andrzejls
I'm not sure why Favourites isn't working for you. I'm going to post the Omega version of the skin setting scripts in this post below...try them and see what happens.

@latts9923. I think I found the reason. After installing MQ 9 MOD skin "Favourites" works fine. When I go to settings --> .....--> customize main menu and relocate "Favourites" to different location/position then it stops to work. I verified that just by adding new "Favourites" menu entry to main menu that menu entry did not work while the original "Favourites" menu did work just fine. Is there something special about "Favourites" menu setting/location?.
@andrzejls
I was able to reproduce the problem. It will be fixed in the next update. If you want to fix it now, open MainMenu.xml and find this (starts at line 3,011)...

xml:
<include content="list4525_default">
<param name="label" value="$LOCALIZE[31031]" />
<param name="master" value="favourite" />
<param name="path" value="ActivateWindow(favourites)" />
<param name="submenu" value="00" />
<param name="visible" value="String.IsEqual(Window.Property(replace_selector_maintype),favourites)" />
</include>

Replace it with this...

xml:
<param name="path" value="ActivateWindow(favouritesbrowser)" />
<param name="visible" value="String.IsEqual(Window.Property(replace_selector_maintype),favourites)" />
</include>

Remove your new Favourites menu item and add it again. It should now work correctly.
(2023-12-17, 15:35)latts9923 Wrote: @andrzejls
I was able to reproduce the problem. It will be fixed in the next update. If you want to fix it now, open MainMenu.xml and find this (starts at line 3,011)...

xml:
<param name="path" value="ActivateWindow(favourites)" />
</include>

Replace it with this...

xml:
<param name="path" value="ActivateWindow(favouritesbrowser)" />
</include>

Remove your new Favourites menu item and add it again. It should now work correctly.
@latts9923. Great, thanks. This works.
@latts9923. I think there is an another issue. For some reason from Top menu Organize switching to MQ8 Video Info does not work. Skin stays in "Show default Video Info".
@andrzejls
Doh...you're right! It's fixed and will be in the next update. You can fix this pretty easy as well. Open TopMenu.xml and find <!-- Default Video Info --> (line 2,631).

Change the skin path for the two params below that from "skin.aeonmq9" to "skin.aeonmq9.mod".

Thanks for letting me know!
(2023-12-17, 16:56)latts9923 Wrote: @andrzejls
Doh...you're right! It's fixed and will be in the next update. You can fix this pretty easy as well. Open TopMenu.xml and find <!-- Default Video Info --> (line 2,631).

Change the skin path for the two params below that from "skin.aeonmq9" to "skin.aeonmq9.mod".

Thanks for letting me know!
@latts9923. Thanks, that works.
(2023-12-17, 13:59)latts9923 Wrote: @RonnieG3
Haha...I understand. It's easy to overlook some of these settings.

The focused item is centered in the Nexus view as well. I can look at adding an option to have focus left or centered.
hmmm...... here's what I mean

NEXUS

OMEGA

See how Nexus is Left Justified? I don't remember what was changed
@RonnieG3
You can move it to the left if you open View06-60.xml and change the focusposition (line 49) from 2 to 0. Did you change that yourself in Nexus? I don't remember ever changing that value.
Not that I remember. It's stayed that way through all the updates, so --- i don't know. But yeah, i can make that change on my own going forward.  Thanks!!!!
  • 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aeon MQ 9 Mod for Kodi 21 (Omega)0