Mod Aeon MQ 7 Mod for Kodi 21 (Omega)
Aeon MQ 7 Omega Mod v1.0.2 for Kodi v21 "Omega"

Installation Guide
  1. Install my repo (you can add this link to the Kodi File Manager, or download the repo here)
  2. Install The TVDB API v2
  3. Install Musicbrainz
  4. Install Metadata and Artwork module
  5. Install Skin Helper Service
  6. Install Aeon MQ 7 Omega Mod from my repo (located in Look and Feel > Skin)
  7. The skin will import and install the following add-ons...
    • plugin.program.autocompletion
    • resource.images.skinthemes.aeonmq
    • resource.images.studios.coloured
    • resource.uisounds.aeonmq6
    • resource.images.moviegenreicons.xzener-flat
    • resource.images.musicgenreicons.text
    • resource.images.weathericons.animated
    • service.library.data.provider
    • service.upnext
    • script.artistslideshow
    • script.cu.lrclyrics
    • script.favourites
    • script.globalsearch
    • script.image.resource.select
    • script.skin.helper.colorpicker
    • script.skin.helper.skinbackup
  8. Install the optional Add-ons below...

Optional Add-ons (Some available to install from my repo)
Skin download (For those who would like to manually download the skin)
Aeon MQ 7 Omega Mod

Image Additions
  • I added the Movie Versions code.
  • I added the versions, version w/extras and extras icons to all the views.
  • I added the VERSION and EXTRAS buttons to the Video Info screen.

Image Bug fixes
  • The "+ ICONS:" button for the Posterlite view was not cycling "CHARACTERART" as an option for Movies.

ImageMaintenance
  • You can now toggle the "EXTRA ZOOM FOCUS" for the Boxsets layout in KodiFlix when "CENTER LIST" is enabled.

Downloads for Automated Skin Settings
Cronxbmc
Scripts

Updates
03/22/24 - Skin update v1.0.1. Read here for more info.
04/20/24 - Skin update v1.0.2. Read here for more info.
Thanks for the MQ7 Omega mod. I"ll install it this weekend.
Windows 11 Pro
Kodi 21 - Aeon MQ7/MQ9 Omega Mod
Kodi 20.5 - Aeon MQ9 Nexus Mod

Android - Beelink GT King
Kodi 21 - Aeon MQ7 Omega Mod
Kodi Maven Fork 21 - Aeon MQ9 Omega Mod

CoreELEC - Beelink GT King

I've installed the MQ7 skin. The difference in performance compared to MQ9 is clearly present. The MQ7 skin running in Omega responds as quickly as it did in Leia and Nexus. My compliments for this first release.

I've noticed the following issues so far. Point 1, 3 and 4 will probably sound familiar Wink

1. The extra fanart images in Shelf3D view (Music) won't rotate in the thumbnail window.

2. When ViewsRightList has been enabled for the songs/track window, the record label icon is only visible for a short moment. I would like to see the recordlabel icon permanently, since the Shelff3D views for albums lack the possibility to display the record label icon.

3. The favorites window does not open, when using the Favorites shortcut from the submenu.

4. Library status/info on the mainmenu is missing when a playlist has been set as a main menu.

5. Extra fanart images don't seem to work for the tv shows season(s) window and episodes window. Enabling "Artwork Helper Fanart" has no effect.

6. Clicking Files from the submenu opens an empty window. This applies only for CoreELEC.

7. Text in column Albums is overlapping text in colum Album Review in Shelf3D view. (Shelf3D 2 is fine)
Windows 11 Pro

@latts9923

I just saw this thread. Thank you for keeping MQ7 Mod alive. I'll install it sometime this weekend.
"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." - Hunter S. Thompson
Using: Windows 10 Pro | Kodi 20.5 + Aeon MQ7 Multi-Mod 1.0.1.2 | Kodi 20.5 + Aeon MQ9 Multi-Mod 1.6.5 | Kodi 21.0 + Aeon MQ7 Multi-Mod 1.0.1 | Kodi 21.0  + Aeon MQ9 Multi-Mod 1.1.9

@MB1968
Good deal...glad it's running smooth!

1. I changed the thumbnail code for Shelf 3D to behave the same as MQ 9.
2. The record label won't display while viewing songs...only albums. I think the reason it displays for a split second when you select the song is the player is started, and the label does display for the song in music viz.
3. Still looking into the Favourites in the submenu problem.
4. Same for this one.
5. I'll look at making MQ 7 similar to MQ 9 when it comes to Season and Episode fanart.
6. I'll take a look when I get CoreELEC up and running.
7. I reduced the width for the album list in Shelf 3D music. Does this problem exist in older versions of MQ 7 as well?

@Juan Mortyme
You're welcome!
(2024-03-12, 14:56)latts9923 Wrote: 1. I changed the thumbnail code for Shelf 3D to behave the same as MQ 9.
Nice!

Quote:2. The record label won't display while viewing songs...only albums. I think the reason it displays for a split second when you select the song is the player is started, and the label does display for the song in music viz.
There's room for the recordlabel icon in ViewsRightList, next to the audio codec icon. I'm using the Shelf3D views for albums. When using these views, the only way to see the recordlabel icon, is by playing a track.

Quote:3. Still looking into the Favourites in the submenu problem.
4. Same for this one.
Thanks.

Quote:5. I'll look at making MQ 7 similar to MQ 9 when it comes to Season and Episode fanart.
Nice! Fanart is working flawlessly after the latest changes you made for MQ9. I can use the default code, instead of the custom code you've provided me a while ago.

Quote:6. I'll take a look when I get CoreELEC up and running.
Nice!

Quote:7. I reduced the width for the album list in Shelf 3D music. Does this problem exist in older versions of MQ 7 as well.
I can't remember. But if it did, I think I had reported it.

EDIT 1
I've found a small bug. The boxset for moviesets displays 2 posters when "Extra Zoom" has been enabled from the topmenu in KodiFlix view.
Image.
Windows 11 Pro

@MB1968
The record label should display while viewing albums in the Right List view, but I don't think there's a way to display it for songs except for music viz. With Shelf3D Music, the record label will display on the back of the jewel case if the back art is missing.

I just reproduced the problem with the zoom case displaying in KodiFlix if "MOVIE SET CASES" is enabled. I will add code to reset the zoom setting when "MOVIE SET CASES" is enabled. Thanks for letting me know!
(2024-03-13, 02:37)latts9923 Wrote: @MB1968
The record label should display while viewing albums in the Right List view, but I don't think there's a way to display it for songs except for music viz. With Shelf3D Music, the record label will display on the back of the jewel case if the back art is missing.
I'm not seeing it in Right List View. The colored recordlabel addon has been installed. Am I missing a setting?

Are you saying that from a coding point of view it is not possible to show the record label icon next to the audio codec icon?

Quote:I just reproduced the problem with the zoom case displaying in KodiFlix if "MOVIE SET CASES" is enabled. I will add code to reset the zoom setting when "MOVIE SET CASES" is enabled. Thanks for letting me know!
Thanks.
Windows 11 Pro

"@MB1968"
The record label uses the Colored Media Icons add-on in MQ 7. I changed the record label to "EMI" for one of my albums and it displays in the media flags...

Correct...the record label will not display for songs while browsing.
The Colored Media Icons addon has been installed and enabled on my system (CoreELEC). I'll check on Android what is going on here.

EDIT:
No issues with the colored record label icons on Android.
Windows 11 Pro

@MB1968
Hmm...something else to look at when I get CoreELEC up and running.
(2024-03-14, 14:16)latts9923 Wrote: @MB1968
Hmm...something else to look at when I get CoreELEC up and running.
CoreELEC has its own oddities. I've decided to use the built in black and white media icons and the white record labels addon. No issues. I can see the black and white record label icons.
Windows 11 Pro

@latts9923, when ratings for a movie, tv show, or music album/track are missing, the color of the rating stars are a tint of red. Can you change that into grey please?
Windows 11 Pro

@MB1968
Which view are you seeing the red tint to empty rating stars?
(2024-03-17, 15:08)latts9923 Wrote: @MB1968
Which view are you seeing the red tint to empty rating stars?
ViewsRightList
Windows 11 Pro

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aeon MQ 7 Mod for Kodi 21 (Omega)0