• 1(current)
Mod Menu Bar Selector
I finally figured out how to get the menu bar selector to work correctly!

Download - Menu Bar Selector <-- File updated on 10-30-16. The mod now includes the five new vertical Star Wars, Neon MQ7, Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Christmas menu bars.

Installation Instructions

Location of skin files per OS...
Linux - /home/yourusername/.kodi/addons/skin.aeonmq7
Windows - C:\Users\yourusername\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\skin.aeonmq7
Android - Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/skin.aeonmq7

If you would like to install the mod without overwriting your files, I included <!--* MENU BAR SELECTOR *--> markers at the top and bottom of all the code I added/altered.

Note: The files attached in the zip have multiple mods installed (Media Info Mod, Holiday Mod and Star Wars Mod). The Menu Bar Selector will install just fine as a standalone mod, but you will need the menu bar from the Star Wars mod (now included with the mod). If you have installed the Star Wars Mod, you will need to alter some of the code in order for this to work properly. I will post those changes below.

For those who have installed the Star Wars Mod, make the following changes...

In Home.xml, find
Code:
<!--*   STAR WARS MOD   *-->
<control type="group">
<visible>Skin.HasSetting(starwars)</visible>
<include>StarWars</include>
</control>
<control type="group">
<visible>Skin.HasSetting(mq7menubar)</visible>
<include>MQ7MenuBar</include>
</control>
<control type="group">
<visible>Skin.HasSetting(starwarsmenubar)</visible>
<include>StarWarsMenuBar</include>
</control>

and replace with
Code:
<control type="group">
<visible>Skin.HasSetting(starwars)</visible>
<include>StarWars</include>
</control>

In includes.xml, find the <!-- AEON MQ7 MENU BAR --> marker and remove all the code between that and the <!--* STAR WARS MOD *--> marker at the end of the file.

In SkinSettings.xml, find and remove
Code:
<control type="radiobutton" id="1078">
        <label>32021</label>
        <onclick>Skin.ToggleSetting(mq7menubar)</onclick>
        <selected>Skin.HasSetting(mq7menubar)</selected>
</control>
<control type="radiobutton" id="1079">
        <label>32022</label>
        <onclick>Skin.ToggleSetting(starwarsmenubar)</onclick>
        <selected>Skin.HasSetting(starwarsmenubar)</selected>
</control>

The Star Wars logo that is part of the left menu in Skin Settings is positioned to display correctly if you have the Menu Bar Selector Mod and Holiday Mod both installed. If it does not display correctly for you, look in SkinSettings.xml and find
Code:
<control type="image"><!-- STAR WARS LOGO -->
        <posx>28</posx>
        <posy>850</posy>
        <width>80</width>
        <height>40</height>
        <texture>starwars/starwars.png</texture>
        <aspectratio scalediffuse="false">keep</aspectratio>
        <animation center="auto" reversible="false" condition="true">Conditional</animation>
</control>
<control type="image"><!-- STAR WARS LOGO -->
        <posx>28</posx>
        <posy>850</posy>
        <width>80</width>
        <height>40</height>
        <texture>starwars/starwars_glow.png</texture>
        <aspectratio scalediffuse="false">keep</aspectratio>
        <animation effect="slide" start="0,50" end="0,0" time="600" tween="back" easing="out" condition="true">Visible</animation>
        <animation effect="fade" start="20" end="90" time="700" condition="true" pulse="true">Conditional</animation>
</control>

Change the <posy> value for both images until they are aligned to the left of the word SETTINGS...if it's off you'll see which one I'm talking about. A smaller value will move the images up, a higher value moves them down.

In customreset.xml, go to line 90 and add the following code...

Code:
<!-- Estilo da Barra do menu -->
<onfocus>Skin.SetString(mymenubar,mq7menubar,true)</onfocus>

In Kodi\userdata\addon_data\skin.aeonmq7\settings.xml, add the following line
Code:
<setting id="mymenubar" type="string">mq7menubar</setting>

Adding the above line will enable the default menu bar when you start KODI after installing this.

I will update the zip file and forum thread for the Star Wars Mod to reflect these changes as well.
@Wanilton,

I just noticed after installing this on my FireTV Stick that the menu bar did not display by default. I had to choose one of them to get it to start working...not sure why yet.
@latts9922, find solution

in customreset.xml

include in line 90
Code:
MediaBrazil forum Website - Youtube Channel
MQ9-1.6.0.29 - 09.15.2023 - Aeon MQ Skin Team
MarcosQui Website Donate and support us.
(2016-10-02, 04:17)Wanilton Wrote: @latts9922, find solution

in customreset.xml

include in line 90
Code:

I added that bit of code, but it still doesn't show. Is that supposed to enable the mq7menubar radiobutton by default?
Need reset skin, do you try?

Don´t need touch in your code.

Tested only in windows os.
(2016-10-02, 14:31)Wanilton Wrote: Need reset skin, do you try?

Yeah, a hard reset works, but I wanted it on by default after installing the mod.

I figured it out. I added
Code:
to the file Kodi\userdata\addon_data\skin.aeonmq7\settings.xml and the menu bar was activated. Thanks!
Love your work. If you can make another non theme menu bar along side the original Aeon one that would be nice. Maybe have the original aeon glow like the starwars one
(2016-10-02, 20:12)thegreatcow Wrote: Love your work. If you can make another non theme menu bar along side the original Aeon one that would be nice. Maybe have the original aeon glow like the starwars one

Thanks! I can certainly do that.
@latts9923, when possible update files in first post.
hi amazing work but do i need to install all of the mods for this sort of thing to work ? i am running aeon mq7 with media info mod on windows 10 thanks for your advice
(2016-10-02, 21:15)flowerpot Wrote: hi amazing work but do i need to install all of the mods for this sort of thing to work ? i am running aeon mq7 with media info mod on windows 10 thanks for your advice

Thanks! This is a standalone mod...all you need to add is the Star Wars menu bar images. I just added a new download on the original post that has the Star Wars menu bar.
(2016-10-02, 21:08)Wanilton Wrote: @latts9923, when possible update files in first post.

Done!
(2016-10-02, 14:46)latts9923 Wrote:
(2016-10-02, 14:31)Wanilton Wrote: Need reset skin, do you try?

Yeah, a hard reset works, but I wanted it on by default after installing the mod.

I figured it out. I added
Code:
to the file Kodi\userdata\addon_data\skin.aeonmq7\settings.xml and the menu bar was activated. Thanks!

Hi latts, I was just wondering if I still need to add <!-- Estilo da Barra do menu --> code to customreset.xml or it has already been updated? Also when adding <setting id="mymenubar" type="string">mq7menubar</setting> to user_data xml, does it matter which line to add the code? Thanks sir.
(2016-10-02, 22:24)CellarDoorTV Wrote: Hi latts, I was just wondering if I still need to add <!-- Estilo da Barra do menu --> code to customreset.xml or it has already been updated? Also when adding <setting id="mymenubar" type="string">mq7menubar</setting> to user_data xml, does it matter which line to add the code? Thanks sir.

You can add the code to customreset.xml...I didn't add that to the mod. You can add the code <setting id="mymenubar" type="string">mq7menubar</setting> to any line in settings.xml.
Worked fine thanks man. Do you think you could add more menubars to the skin in the menubar settings mod by the chance? I was just wondering if this would work if I just duplicate your code. Any help would be very appreciated. Thanks again sir.
  • 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Menu Bar Selector1