Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [RELEASE] Amazon Prime Instant Video plug-in addon
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I caved and bought a Roku 3 today Sad . Least this way all my streaming services will keep working. Will either run Plex client on the roku, or just use my HTPC for local content and Roku 3 for my streaming content. Shame XBMC can't make some official plugins from the big streaming services available in some way...I would be very willing to pay for this functionality.
(2013-05-11, 23:33)StayXBMC Wrote: [ -> ]I caved and bought a Roku 3 today Sad . Least this way all my streaming services will keep working. Will either run Plex client on the roku, or just use my HTPC for local content and Roku 3 for my streaming content. Shame XBMC can't make some official plugins from the big streaming services available in some way...I would be very willing to pay for this functionality.

This is what I have been preaching.
I fear that as soon as I jump to Roku Amazon will lay restrictions on it like no Prime or no HD. They've destroyed any trust I had in them.
(2013-05-12, 00:16)locoguano Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-05-11, 23:33)StayXBMC Wrote: [ -> ]I caved and bought a Roku 3 today Sad . Least this way all my streaming services will keep working. Will either run Plex client on the roku, or just use my HTPC for local content and Roku 3 for my streaming content. Shame XBMC can't make some official plugins from the big streaming services available in some way...I would be very willing to pay for this functionality.

Agree completely.

(2013-05-12, 00:26)DonGateley Wrote: [ -> ]I fear that as soon as I jump to Roku Amazon will lay restrictions on it like no Prime or no HD. They've destroyed any trust I had in them.

So? theres still many other roku channels for premium streaming services which will keep working -- hbo, netflix, to name two
I'm waiting to see if google releases a new googletv (that isn't stinking GARBAGE) at I/O and what MS makes of the xbox4 TV stream addon box. Both of these solutions utilize HDMI passthrough, so I can keep them on the same input.

I have a roku3 on my bedroom TV and it is excellent, though, I do recommend it.
Hi there - I just started my amazon prime subscription and thought I'd give this addon a go. When I playback on my raspberry pi, I get a prompt that says opening stream (a good thing) but then I get a flash DRM issue and playback won't work (a bad thing). I searched through this thread and noticed others had this issue but I didn't see how to resolve it.

Is there a way to resolve this?
No.
Amazon intentionally broke compatibility with XBMC by invoking DRM enforcement. There is a sort of solution (I think in this thread) that's an add on which just invokes a browser engine under the covers to play them. It works. You can't get HD, though, without investing in sanctioned hardware boxes from companies who's CEO's have put their children up as collateral.

The thread for that clever browser engine solution is at

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=164087
Good news. Tried again today and stopped getting the DRM error. Checked the logs and Amazon appears to have turned off the DRM. The bad news is that the plugin still doesn't play, so the disappearance of the DRM is a hollow victory.
I am no coder, but the Handshake looks good... error on "RTMP_ReadPacket, failed to read RTMP packet header". Does this just mean that some adjustments need to be made in the code to pull the correct url?
(2013-05-21, 05:45)Mor2ehead Wrote: [ -> ]Runs so much better and like the HD folder added!

What?
(2013-05-21, 07:37)DonGateley Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-05-21, 05:45)Mor2ehead Wrote: [ -> ]Runs so much better and like the HD folder added!

What?

He's a dirty spammer. Had my hopes up for a second there too. Sad
(2013-05-21, 03:46)locoguano Wrote: [ -> ]I am no coder, but the Handshake looks good... error on "RTMP_ReadPacket, failed to read RTMP packet header". Does this just mean that some adjustments need to be made in the code to pull the correct url?

I'm getting that error as well; at least it is a different issue than before. My only worry is that Amazon hasn't turned the DRM off but they changed the URL and that is why we are getting the different error now.
(2013-05-12, 00:16)locoguano Wrote: [ -> ]

I started on a Roku then over to XBMC. I had all but unplugged my Roku until Amazon made the change. I have been wondering for some time why there were no official streaming plugins. Is it XBMC or the services(corporations)? I would also be willing to pay for streaming services as well if it was available on XBMC. Oh well back to the days of using two inputs to watch my shows, thought I was finally done with that!
Hello, I've been checking the forum everyday since Amazon went with DRM enforcement & screwed over XBMC,Linux & many others. I looked into Amazon with rtmpdumphelper and urlsnooper and both gave me nothing to really go on till I signed into prime on IE & right-clicked on a playing video and up popped the Silverlight config bar, this may be why the drm isn't popping up when trying to play a video,so until Amazon gets rid of both silverlight & drm or does something for people to be able to watch it on such devices,I think Amazon like Netfilx may be no more on XBMC except through browsers sad to say.