Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [Release] VEVO Music Video plugin addon
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42
(2012-03-16, 12:19)BlueCop Wrote: [ -> ]I forgot to mention "Play All" it will only do a single page of videos for multi-page lists. You can set the per page up to 200 in increments of 25. It is limited to 200 by the api though.

Edit:
I am very interested in anyone with a larger music library trying the "My Artists" item for artists matching from their library. My music library is less robust then I would like.

Hi, thank you very much for your great work, I have 500 artists and it works like a charm; it has found plenty of videos.... too bad I don't have the time to see them all Smile
BlueCop I have 514 artists and the "My Artists" feature worked great. It returned a result in ~5s. I didn't time it perfect but it was quick.

That's a very cool feature.

Great job. I really appreciate your effort and contribution.

P.S. I'm having trouble with the repo auto updating. I had to go to the add-ons and "force refresh", but maybe that's a problem in my XMBC config..
i noticed that the "My Artists" feature seemingly lists my artists in random order. are they supposed to be alphabetical?
I will add some sorting. i didn't think about that.
I support the idea of getting the list of artists in alphabetical order (if possible, please). By the way, I have noticed that the last one in the list of "My Artists" is AC/DC... I can assure you that I don't have nor have ever had any song from them, so I assume it must be some kind of error with the scraper.

Please, keep on with your good work. Thanks.
manfeed: it is the service that is matching. There is no scraping happening. There is some artist name that returns AC/DC from their search as the most likely match. There isn't anything I can change about that.

sorting will be added in the next update. It is literally one line to add. I wanted to do some geographic filtering options before I updated.
how can you guys help us outside the US ?
(2012-03-18, 21:17)bearshare Wrote: [ -> ]how can you guys help us outside the US ?

there is a youtube option you can use.

Vevo works in the UK and some other countries too so if its not yet in yours most likely you will have to wait.
I added some options for regional based listings. It also has my artist sorted by name.

There are 3 listing options

Being Watched
Trending Now
Touring Now

These are based on settings for latitude, longitude and radius in miles. I am looking into better options like a zip code or city, state.

north in latitude is positive and south is negative. west in longitude is negative and east is positive.

The touring now will display the event name rather then artist name. It includes the venue and date. It will just list the artist videos if selected though.

You can increase the search radius. right now it increments in 100 miles up to a max of 500 miles.

You have to manually enter a latitude and longitude for you location right now. I made one of close to New York as the default.
(2012-03-18, 21:17)bearshare Wrote: [ -> ]how can you guys help us outside the US ?

i live in germany and vevo works for me (win7/eden) since the last version...
(2012-03-19, 03:07)BlueCop Wrote: [ -> ]I added some options for regional based listings. It also has my artist sorted by name.

There are 3 listing options

Being Watched
Trending Now
Touring Now

These are based on settings for latitude, longitude and radius in miles. I am looking into better options like a zip code or city, state.

north in latitude is positive and south is negative. west in longitude is negative and east is positive.

The touring now will display the event name rather then artist name. It includes the venue and date. It will just list the artist videos if selected though.

You can increase the search radius. right now it increments in 100 miles up to a max of 500 miles.

You have to manually enter a latitude and longitude for you location right now. I made one of close to New York as the default.

Just keeps getting better and better...
Amazing work BC,
Thanks again.
Pat~
(2012-03-18, 21:55)krish_2k4 Wrote: [ -> ]

there is a youtube option you can use.

Vevo works in the UK and some other countries too so if its not yet in yours most likely you will have to wait.

hence me liking VEVO Smile option more.

bearshare: I think you misunderstood. there is a setting for vevo to resolve the videos from youtube. it is just a different host for the videos.
(2012-03-16, 15:51)BlueCop Wrote: [ -> ]OtisPresley: I don't think I was properly escaping special characters in artist names for the website json request. I just committed a fix in 0.2.8
let me know how it works.

Hi BlueCop,

For some reason, My Artists still doesn't work for me on version 0.2.9. I have uploaded the debug logs. I am not sure if this is due to strange artist names or if there is something I have to clean up and then install the plugin again. I see that nobody else seems to be having this problem with it. I can play videos just fine, just not with My Artists. It immediately returns a script error and HTML Error 500: Internal Server Error
http://pastebin.com/dwDKKDWx

I have installed my repositories. When I go to Get add-on I see the repository. When I click on it there are no add-ons for any of the repositories. I deleted Vevo by mistake. I have Blue Cop repository but there are no add-ons showing. I updated to Eden 11 but still no add-ons available. The ones I installed a while ago all work such as Sports Devil, Video Devil, Hulu, Free Cable etc. all work fine
Log file: http://pastebin.com/UJkLBqtd

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42