Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [Release] VEVO Music Video plugin addon
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42
(2014-04-06, 18:04)myapp Wrote: [ -> ]@moneymaker: your update has broken the plugin on Gotham. I made the changes as per my above post (which fixed it), but my system autoupdated (I have your repository) and I get a "Installation Failed" message. It has removed the previous version.

Same thing happened to me but I am running OpenElec Frodo. The VEVO plugin has been automatically removed somehow and I get "installation failed" when I try to reinstall from the repo.
Upgrade message

Code:
version 0.7.7c

* fixed add-on description caused installation failed

Sorry for the inconvenience.
Hi guys,

i cant login with facbook email and vevo password. Do anyone have the file from site 28 thats solves the issue, File is down. (Renew this file: facebook.py).

Thanks
For everyone,

i found the answer on site 27. You need to change the facebook.py. Works fine for me. The file is located in XBMC\addons\plugin.video.vevo\facebook.py

Change

line 672 of facebook.py
if 'html' in token or 'script' in token or len(token) > 160:

The token coming back is larger than 160. I changed it to >256 to fix it.

Works perfekt for me

hope i could help
Ok now i have a other some problem. Some videos wont stream from Vevo site. Do anyone knows how to solve the issue. The Videos are working on my pc but not with the addon.

Thanks
It seems that the problem is just with newer videos. All Videos from premier section doesnt play. Do anybody has the same problem. If i whatch them on pc they work fine.
I have tryed the vevotv addon. The videos play fine there. But i want to use the vevo addon from moneymaker. Any suggestions?
The version from Moneymaker's repo is the only one I can get to work with Gotham. I believe the link is in his signature. If the zip won't install, unzip the file and put the the vevo.plugin file into the Users/Roaming/XBMC/addons folder.
i installed it from the repo of moneymaker allready but some videos do not play. i tried everything but could not solve the porlbem. Iam using Frodo. any suggestions?
Hi Moneymaker,

upladed the log file on pastebin. Thanks for the support.

http://pastebin.com/PVvx4K98
I agree that the plugin is not as useful as I would hope. Too many of the links will not play at all. I find that most in the "Premieres" category will not play. And typically, these are the videos I am most interested in watching.
(2014-04-08, 01:09)moneymaker Wrote: [ -> ]Upgrade message

Code:
version 0.7.7c

* fixed add-on description caused installation failed

Sorry for the inconvenience.

I was FINALLY able to install version 0.7.7c, so THANK YOU!!!!! This is one of my favorite add-ons. Actually it is my absolute FAVORITE add-on!
Unfortunately, I too am having the issue where some videos will not play..

For what its worth, I usually do the following:

Start XBMC
- Videos--> Add-ons-->VEVO plugin
Once in the plugin I go to the following:
- Videos-->All Genres-->Most Viewed--> Most Viewed This Week-->*Play All*

Some times this works, some times it doesn't. Some times I can play individual videos that are listed on this screen, sometimes i can't. Even when the *Play All* does start working, it does not play all the videos, it skips a large number of videos before playing the next one it can actually start streaming.

Here is a log file: Imported-XBMC-Gotham-RC1_-_VEVO-0.7.7c-Log-1

In this log file i did the following:
Start XBMC
- Videos--> Add-ons-->VEVO plugin
Once in the plugin I go to the following:
- Videos-->All Genres-->Most Viewed--> Most Viewed This Week

I then just tried to play the following videos in this order (not sure why i started clicking in the order i did, blame it on the fact it's 2am Sleepy )

• Video result #3 - Katy Perry - Birthday (Official): Result - Would not play

• Video result #2 - Avril Lavigne - Hello Kitty: Result - Would not play

• Video result #1 - Katy Perry - Dark Horse (Official) (ft. Juicy J): Result - Would not play

• Video result #4 - Katy Perry - Roar (Official): Result - PLAYED!!!

Once the video started playing I used the mouse on my PC and jumped toward the end. It buffered and resumed play in the video from the point i selected without issue.

I then:
- Stopped the video.
- Exited the plugin.
- Closed XBMC.
- added log to pastebin, and wrote this post!

Please let me know what additional info I can supply to you to hopefully get this working right.

On a side note, I have 2 year old twins, and aside from the Disney movie "Cars", the VEVO plugin is pretty much the only other sure-fire thing we can put on that will instantly captivate them! Needless to say, since I started running the nighties of Gotham a few months ago, and the VEVO plugin stopped working, we have watched the movie "Cars" (including Cars 2) so many times, that Mommy and I can recite the movies word for word almost... The VEVO plugin is very much missed and anxiously anticipated! I appreciate you, and anyone else working on this plugin!

Thank you bluecop for the plugin in the first place, and thank you moneymaker for working on it now. This plugin is truly missed in our house!

-Mr. Imported Cool
Are the links that don't play the ones that require the Youtube addon to be working?
I often get a HTTP response error on some videos but the links are correct.

I think there is a big issue with YouTube since I have some problems with the YouTube add-on too, when I try to play VEVO videos on it. Can someone confirm my theory?
Well I don't know how to confirm but I checked the videos "imported" listed above. The three that would not play for him required the Youtube addon. The only one that did play, Roar, did not require the Youtube addon. So my question is have you guys been over to the Youtube thread? There are lots of problems. I myself had to get a fix specifically for the VEVO videos.

My extremely lazy guess is that your Youtube addon ain't working....which is highly understandable given the current mess it is in.

LOOK:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1608632
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42