Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [Release] VEVO Music Video plugin addon
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42
Thanks. Can I ask you to go to this url in a browser and send me the json you get back in pastebin?
http://videoplayer.vevo.com/VideoService...1101400141

I think that the returned json is either formatted differently than the addon expects or not returning anything.

Thanks.

BTW are you able to play this video in a browser?
I am able to play Summer (all 5 mixes there) in 1080.
Yes, I can play them in a browser at 1080. http://pastebin.com/bQRt2kQ7
Well isn't that interesting given the message that's returned in the json?
I assume that you're not using a proxy with the browser when you play the videos?
By any chance does Sweden have a local version of VEVO that the browser is being redirected to? something like vevo.se ?
My fault, I was playing the video on Youtube on Calvins Vevo channel. If I go to vevo.com I get: OOPS! THIS PAGE IS CURRENTLY UNAVAILABLE IN YOUR REGION.

Edit: So I have to use a Proxy.
For the time being, a proxy might solve your problem.
The addon has a proxy setting, as well as a longitude, latitude setting under user settings. I haven't really looked closely at what they do, but you might try them. It's part of what BlueCop originally wrote and he's a pretty smart guy.
Also, I noticed in your previous debug log that you tried "Staff Picks" and it failed. Neither "Staff Picks" nor "Playlists" (and probably some other choices) function right now. I need to add a dialog to pick the country from a list for those functions - I'll get to it in a bit.
Thank you for your help learningit!
Umm. I have this problem, that 0.7.7c worked, but after the update to 0.7.8 vevo doesnt work. How do i find the debug log for it so you guys could possibly help me out. It just says skript error when trying to open a video. I was and still am using unblock-us to get a usa location for vevo and some other apps to work. Possibly could be a problem with openelecConfused dns service too, not sure... Anyway started happening about a week ago.

thefan
(2014-11-27, 00:21)thefan Wrote: [ -> ]Umm. I have this problem, that 0.7.7c worked, but after the update to 0.7.8 vevo doesnt work. How do i find the debug log for it so you guys could possibly help me out. It just says skript error when trying to open a video. I was and still am using unblock-us to get a usa location for vevo and some other apps to work. Possibly could be a problem with openelecConfused dns service too, not sure... Anyway started happening about a week ago.

thefan
Have a look here: http://kodi.wiki/view/Log_file for instructions. Can't say what it is until I look at a log. By any chance do you use a facebook login? That needs some work right now.
@thefan

Go to:

Code:
/storage/.xbmc/userdata/addon_data/plugin.video.vevo/

Delete files.

EDIT: fixed path, thanks nickr
(2014-11-27, 21:00)moneymaker Wrote: [ -> ]@thefan

Go to:

Code:
/storage/.xbmc/userdata/plugin.video.vevo/

Delete files.

I think you mean
Code:
/storage/.xbmc/userdata/addon_data/plugin.video.vevo/
Did this, there was only settings.xml in there, deleted it. What is pretty weird, that after deletion it sets the latitude and longitude to finlands location. I assume it checks the ip for latitude and longitude, or where does it get the values? So im thinking maybe the unblock us service is not working on my openelec box. Still get the same error .

The log is pretty much gibberish to me, here is it, took this with xmbc maintenance tool log uploader. There are some unblock us references there, so maybe its not that even though i suspected it is.
http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=356409

thefan
Yes, it checks your location via ip. You get this error due your unblock-us service.

Code:
If you see this message more than once then open "http://check.unblock-us.com/", make sure your account is active and try again in couple minutes.
Yup, figured it out finally Wink.. I have recently moved , and the unblock us required me to visit the site via computer in order to activate it on my new and changed ip for other devices like openelec..... Wink Thanks for all the help guys. And for others from europe, i really think services like unblock us are the easiest way to get vevo plugin working for openelec. Other options are using a proxy.

Umm. Thought it works fine, but there are still some errors. I mean it gives me quite a lot of script error, but when i click the same artist or whatever again it goes trough after a few tries, but for some artists it gives 503 error instead of script error, so it doesnt load the list of those artists vids....
Finally found VEVO is finally working on XBMC again, problem is, for some reason I now get a message it doesnt work in the UK.. Since when we couldnt stream VEVO in the UK? It works when I last used it?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42