Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: New MythTV add-on using libcmyth
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Here's a page about MythTV and Windows:
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/MythTV_on_Windows

@callummc: Yes to both.
@Powderking - Awesome! Thanks for the reply.
If I understand it correctly - the 0.25 release of MythTV is due to be finalised within the next 24 hours or so. Is there going to be significant updates to this plugin after that?

I understand they implement a new API and it occurred to me that it might break with historical MythTV versions if the intention is to target 0.25.

Or is there intentions to support multiple versions with this plugin?
(2012-04-02, 05:22)callummc Wrote: [ -> ]If I understand it correctly - the 0.25 release of MythTV is due to be finalised within the next 24 hours or so. Is there going to be significant updates to this plugin after that?

I understand they implement a new API and it occurred to me that it might break with historical MythTV versions if the intention is to target 0.25.

I'm not sure what will happen when 0.25 is released, but I know that this add-on works with my old installation of version 0.23-fixes, as well as version 0.24 (from many others on this thread), so it currently works across at least two major revisions.
We quite often use "chase play" (start a recording, wait a while, begin watching while still recording) in our house. This basically works well, with the exception that the recording length is not updated while watching, it is firmly set to whatever the length was when you started watching. Not a big a deal unless you want to skip forward, at which point it becomes very annoying. Anyway, I took a look at the code, and it seems that the backend periodically informs the frontend of updated recording sizes via the CMYTH_EVENT_UPDATE_FILE_SIZE. So, I added some code in MythEventHandler::ImpMythEventHandler::Action() to store this information, and adapted PVRClientMythTV::LengthRecordedStream() to check if the EventHandler has any uptodate info. This works well, except for the little detail that LengthRecordedStream really should return the length of the stream (as seconds I presume) and not the size in bytes as provided by the backend event.

Now to my questions:
1. Am I going about this the right way?
2. Have I understood the expected units correctly?
3. If yes and yes, then how do I convert the file size to duration? I guess dividing the size with the average bitrate would do the trick, but how would I find the average bitrate?
4. Is there a simpler way to do this?

/D
tsp42, kindly have a look at my paste bin and let me know what you think is the problem!
(2012-04-02, 05:22)callummc Wrote: [ -> ]If I understand it correctly - the 0.25 release of MythTV is due to be finalised within the next 24 hours or so. Is there going to be significant updates to this plugin after that?

I currently have a 0.25 backend and using MythBOX with the current Eden CMYTH DLL on Windows. Everything works with the exception of LiveTV since I believe some of the changes there aren't pushed to the CMYTH DLL. Even when adding the more recent protocol changes to CMYTH there are still issues that are surrounding the data structure being passed over. These will need to be addressed by a real developer..
(2012-03-28, 09:06)dodoadoodoo Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-03-27, 16:57)fiveisalive Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-03-27, 11:43)stevellion Wrote: [ -> ]I've got white noise too. Hoping the next upstream-merge will include the fix from Eden...

(Audio works with DVD player.. just not paplayer)

Yep, same problem here.

Did you try my proposed fix from post 504?

/D
Yes, I did - and it worked. Thanks.
Just hadn't got around to even needing it for a couple of days..

(2012-04-04, 21:05)stevellion Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-03-28, 09:06)dodoadoodoo Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-03-27, 16:57)fiveisalive Wrote: [ -> ]Yep, same problem here.

Did you try my proposed fix from post 504?

/D
Yes, I did - and it worked. Thanks.
Just hadn't got around to even needing it for a couple of days..

Working for me too, now. Thanks!
I am getting the following build error.

http://paste.ubuntu.com/916302/

i built from a clean clone.

anyone else getting an error?

(2012-04-05, 19:29)dubstar_04 Wrote: [ -> ]I am getting the following build error.

+1 from me on X86_64 Linux Mint 12 (basically oneiric).

I'm hoping the latest update kills the hang on exit bug, as well!
(2012-04-06, 22:32)Jimmer Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-04-05, 19:29)dubstar_04 Wrote: [ -> ]I am getting the following build error.

+1 from me on X86_64 Linux Mint 12 (basically oneiric).

I'm hoping the latest update kills the hang on exit bug, as well!

+1 - 64 bit ubuntu

I had build issues just now (64bit Ubuntu). To make it compile & install I had to:

./bootstrap

./configure

make

make install

On that note, normally when a new pull comes through I just ./configure, make, then make install, is that correct?
Chiming in, Archlinux x64 with latest updates:

Code:
/home/c0g/xbmc_newmyth/Makefile.include:128: warning: ignoring old recipe for target `/home/c0g/xbmc_newmyth/addons/pvr.mythtv.cmyth/XBMC_MythTV_cmyth.pvr'
CPP     xbmc/pvrclients/mythtv-cmyth/client.o
CPP     xbmc/pvrclients/mythtv-cmyth/cppmyth/MythChannel.o
In file included from cppmyth/MythChannel.h:3:0,
                 from cppmyth/MythChannel.cpp:1:
cppmyth/MythPointer.h: In destructor 'MythPointer<T>::~MythPointer()':
cppmyth/MythPointer.h:13:5: error: 'CMYTH' was not declared in this scope
make[1]: *** [cppmyth/MythChannel.o] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/c0g/xbmc_newmyth/xbmc/pvrclients/mythtv-cmyth'
make: *** [pvrclients] Error 2

This is building from a new checkout, with ./bootstrap and ./configure run.
sorry for the build issue. The upstream merge was a bit rushed (only tested on win32). Will fix it shortly when I get Kr0nZ's pull request integrated in the code (by the end of the day).