Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [MOD] AniDB.net scrapers for TV shows and Movies
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
http://anidb.net/perl-bin/animedb.pl?sho...e&aid=8149

Code:
<anime anidbid="8149" tvdbid="239951" defaulttvdbseason="1">
    <name>C</name>
</anime>

The anime "C" has the official English name of "[C] The Money of Soul and Possibility Control", which fails with the current lists.
Interesting... I can confirm the behaviour, although it has nothing to do with the lists, the title is present in the animetitles.xml which is what is used for the search.

I suspect it's the square brackets, they must be messing the scraper up somewhere. In fact, if you just remove the square brackets when asked to enter the TV show name, it'll work.

I'll need to dig a little into the guts of the scraper to figure out a fix.

Edit: Okay, dug around, turns out it's just the opening bracket causing the issue, because the scraper doesn't expect the first character to be non-alphanumeric. It's a trivial fix, but I just checked and that title is literally the only one affected (even if you force a .hack folder name that still works) so I don't consider it a priority as there's plenty of ways to manually deal with it (change the folder name, use a URL nfo file, or just edit the title when prompted).

The fix will get added to the next update.
Hi,

Im using this successfully, but I have problem with one of new shows since 2 day ago.

My advancedsettings is:

PHP Code:
<tvshowmatching action="prepend">
    <
regexp> - ()(\d+)((?:-\d+)*)(?:v\d+)? - [^\\/]*$</regexp>
    <
regexp defaultseason="0"> - ()s(\d+)((?:-\d+)*)(?:v\d+)? - [^\\/]*$</regexp>
    <
regexp> - ()(\d+)((?:-\d+)*)(?:v\d+)?\.[^.\\/]*$</regexp>
    <
regexp defaultseason="0"> - ()s(\d+)((?:-\d+)*)(?:v\d+)?\.[^.\\/]*$</regexp>
  </
tvshowmatching>
</
advancedsettings

File is like ../Hamatora/Hamatora - 1.mkv

in ../Hamatora/tvshow.nfo is aid=10169

but still xbmc is unbale to find that show Sad

Any suggestion?
I can't reproduce the show not being found, with or without a tvshow.nfo.

I'd need to see a debug log (wiki) of you refreshing the show folder to know what's going on.

Everything looks in order as far as I can tell (I assume you just missed off the opening <advancedsettings> tag when copy-pasting and it is present in the actual file).
hope this will be usefull.. first time using debug log Smile

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=108163
and lvl5 http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=108165

now I can see that I have that show listed in watched, but I never saw any eps and I cant see watched eps, just empty show
From what I can see in the log the series has been added, the episode correctly enumerated, but the episode guide returns no results... Which is odd.

Try this: Go to the scraper cache folder (which, from your log, I can say will be C:\Users\Sparhawk\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\cache\scrapers\metadata.tvshows.anidb.net.mod ) and delete the 10169.xml file (or just delete everything) and then refresh again.
thanks! you are the best, now its listed.
Hey,
first of all I want to thank you for this great add-on, I can't express how much I love having my media center looking so good and your mod is a huge part of it.
I'm having the same problem as Sp4rh4wk, though I haven't changed anything manually in my advanedsettings.xml and clearing the cache didn't work for me. I'm trying to scrape some of the new shows like Witch Craft Works and Nobunaga the Fool but I can only find them with thetvdb's scraper. Any suggestions?
Thanks Smile
@Iluz

Try and look here. Sounds like the same problem.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1514219

My guess is that the list the scrapper i looking in is not as fast as we are to get the new shows.
Thanks, the tvshow.nfo solution worked for all of the new shows Smile
It just seemed strange that it didn't scrape them since the names of most of these shows do appear in the xml that the scraper uses.
Another one I can't reproduce, I'm afraid. Both Witch Craft Works and Nobunaga the Fool scan in fine here without the the need for a tvshow.nfo.

@Iluz: Are you using the default search or Google search? Google search is much more likely to have issues, especially with very new titles, I've found.
How should I name episode files in order for AniDB scraper to analyze them?

Right now I am using the following FileBot renamer for TV Shows:
Code:
../{n}/S{s.pad(2)}/{n} - {s+'x'}{e.pad(2)} - {t.replaceAll(/[!?.]+$/).replaceAll(/[`´‘’ʻ]/, "'") .lowerTrail().replacePart(', Part $1')}

With anime shows this produces names like:

Quote:Shinseki Evangelion/S/Shinseki Evangelion - 01 - Angel Attack.mkv

XBMC detects the show title but is not able to display per-episode information.
I think based on what I can see, Filebot doesn't bother to supply a season number for anidb shows.

I'm not overly familiar with Filebot, but a quick play around and test got me to:
Code:
../{n}/{"S${episode.special ? 0.pad(2) : episode.season ? s.pad(2) : 1.pad(2) }"}/{n} - {"${episode.special ? 0 : episode.season ? s : 1 }x"}{episode.special ? special.pad(2) : e.pad(2)} - {t.replaceAll(/[!?.]+$/).replaceAll(/[`´‘’ʻ]/, "'") .lowerTrail().replacePart(', Part $1')}

Which should (hopefully) produce:
Quote:Shinseki Evangelion/S01/Shinseki Evangelion - 1x01 - Angel Attack.mkv

That should be more consistent with your non-anime TV shows, and XBMC should be able to find the episodes just as well.

Alternatively, look to the first post in this thread for some advancedsettings.xml (wiki) code that will match your files as they are currently named.
Thanks!
Oh, I did use the google search instead of the default one. Maybe that was the cause. I'll disable it and hopefully with the shows that'll come out later I won't have any problems, thank you.