Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Headless Kodi
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32
Rebased topfs2/headless on latest master. Should fix a problem of running without headless (no GUI except background when starting kodi). This problem is not backported to the helix_headless branch for now.

EDIT
(2015-01-21, 07:04)setlursh Wrote: [ -> ]I managed to build and run kodi-headless on Mac OS X Yosemite today. It seems to run fine, though in my limited testing, kodi-headless segfaults whenever (audio) playback stops.

I was able to reproduce this on Linux and fixed it on topfs2/headless (not backported to my helix branch yet) with https://github.com/topfs2/xbmc/commit/93...fc42597ea8
(2015-02-08, 14:28)fizze Wrote: [ -> ]Is there an init script that can be used with kodi?
I guess I should rather invoke kodi-standalone than kodi?

here is an upstart script that I use

Code:
# kodi-server - server mode for kodi
#

description     "xbmc-server for library updates"

start on started autofs
stop on stopping autofs

setuid vdr

script
        export HOME=/home/vdr
        exec /usr/local/bin/kodi --headless -n
end script
I've tweaked this one http://pastebin.com/b435nJYv it's worked well for my minified XBMC so far.
But I always see these two processes, is that normal?

Code:
/bin/sh /opt/kodi-server/bin/kodi --headless --nolirc -p --no-test
/opt/kodi-server/lib/kodi/kodi.bin --headless --nolirc -p --no-test
I am trying to make some changes to guisettings.xml to enable <esallinterfaces> to make my TCP server listen on all interfaces. This is what I am trying

Stop kodi.bin
Make changes to the guisettings.xml and save
Start kodi.bin

looking at guisettings.xml it looks like the change has been overwritten, what I am I missing?
Did you remove the
Code:
default="true"
attribute from the "esallinterfaces" configuration value? If not Kodi will continue to load the default value independent of what is stored as an actual value.
Yup that was it! thanks. Is that documented somwhere? I thought that was to inform the GUI about what defaults were. Cool works now!
Is there a windows build floating around? I can't build it right now and was hoping someone had taken the time to put it together.
(2015-02-13, 16:02)vajonam Wrote: [ -> ]Yup that was it! thanks. Is that documented somwhere? I thought that was to inform the GUI about what defaults were. Cool works now!

the gui will remove the default tag once you change a setting to a different value.
Hey guys,
i have a little question here. What is the goal of the headless kodi?
Is it like a media Server to connect with?
i am looking forward to a solution like plex or media browser that there is a kodi like server to manage the metadata
and with the client to connect to this database/server!
Best thing so far would be to write/save watched states and progress on the fly directly to the .nfo in the movie folder.
Server should automatic look for new files (movies/episodes) and scrap all the infos and arts (perhaps extra arts also like madia browser do).
Is this the goal in near future of thiis project or is this only my wish list!
Greetz Stealth
The goal is to get the possibility to run kodi without the OpenGL/DirectX gui in master. This in the long term means that you could use it to run kodi on a server and hopefully even NAS devices.
I had to replace boost:: by std:: in xbmc/interfaces/json-rpc/FileOperations.cpp when mergin your branch in latest master. Is it expected ?
yep
little OT:
Is there any Web-IF for Addon-Settings? So that you can setup your addons over the Web-GUI?
Thx
How does the client connect to the headless kodi? Upnp, dlna, sql,
upnp/dlna
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32