Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [Archive] Transparency! - v0.27
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38
One of the most important things for me on the osd that i have not seen in any skin is the year of the movie. I know its there when browsing the menus but sometimes i only become intreested after i have started watching the movie.

I'm worried that the osd might start to get a bit cluttered though, it sound like a lot of work but could whts on it be customizable. I for example have no interest in the media flagging so am worried that it might all gte a bit cluttered.

Your doing an amazing job, this skin looks like it could be making my toast by the end of the week!
ronie Wrote:Sure, the next version will show flags in all views and also in the info window during playback.

Any idea as to when 0.26 will be coming out......... No big rush, but I really want the files view for videos function...... As always thanks for a SUPER skin Ronie!!!
Justcop Wrote:One of the most important things for me on the osd that i have not seen in any skin is the year of the movie. I know its there when browsing the menus but sometimes i only become intreested after i have started watching the movie.

I'm worried that the osd might start to get a bit cluttered though, it sound like a lot of work but could whts on it be customizable. I for example have no interest in the media flagging so am worried that it might all gte a bit cluttered.

Media flags can be disabled globally, if you do so, they won't show in the info window either.
Personally i think there's plenty of room to also show the year, i think i'll put it in front of the studio info.
Moseby99 Wrote:Any idea as to when 0.26 will be coming out......... No big rush, but I really want the files view for videos function...... As always thanks for a SUPER skin Ronie!!!

there won't be a 0.26.

0.27 maybe, yes, but no 0.26 ;-p
BlackJack1 Wrote:I noticed a problem with media flags. Only HDDVD flag is property displayed when exactly "HDDVD" string is in folder name. When "HD DVD" sign is in folder name DVD flag is present.

alright, i think this is gonna be a long answer, so grab a beer (or a cup of coffee if you're just waking up), sit down and enjoy.

media-flagging, here's what it comes down to:
until recently there were two ways of getting media flagging to work
- by adding all the info to the file/folder name of the movie (this is not supported by Transparency!, except for one exception i'll explain later).
- by adding all the info to the <studio> tag in your .nfo file (most will use Media Info Plus for this)

recently new code was added to xbmc which enables two new ways:
- by default, the new code will read the <streamdetails> section from the .nfo file if present
- if there's no .nfo file, or if it doesn't contain a <streamdetails> section it will do the detection itself.

so how does Transparency! handle source (dvd, blu-ray, hddvd) detection ?
by trying to be smart, i guess. i never liked the fact you'd have to rename all your movies just to make this flagging thing work, so i took a different approach.
The code in Transparency! tries to determine the source by looking at the file extension:
- if the file extension is .ifo or .vob it must be a dvd, so that's easy to figure out.
- same goes for the typical blu-ray (.m2ts) and hddvd (.evo) extensions. if one of those extensions is seen, it will show the appropriate source flag.
- next up, disk images (.iso, .img), those are a bit tougher. the code tries to determine the source by also looking at the resolution. if the resolution is less then 720, it assumes it's a dvd. if it's 720 or 1080 i assume it's a blu-ray unless there's a hddvd tag in the filename.
- all other extension (.avi .mkv .mpg .ts .wmv - if i've missed some, let me know and i'll add those) will be handled the same way as above, by looking at the resolution.

since there's no way to determine whether a 720 or 1080 movie is a blu-ray or hddvd, i choose to assume it's a blu-ray by default. why? because blu-ray disc are far more popular these days, so more likely to be present in anyone's library.
also is far as i know, they've stopped producing hddvd's altogether.
but as said before, if you do have hddvd's in your collection, just add hddvd to the filename and it will override the default behavior.

it will not pick up hd dvd because that's not...well, i would say, the standard.

BlackJack1 Wrote:I see also standard DVD flag when "HDTV" or "Blu-ray" or "Bluray" is in the folder name... so blu-ray source is ignored and no Blu-ray flag on screen Sad

source detection for tv shows is a bit more difficult as for movies. with tv show the source can, besides dvd, blu-ray and hd-dvd, also be sd-tv and hd-tv.

i'm basically using the same approach as above.
- first check for typical dvd, blu-ray and hd-dvd extensions.
- for .iso and .img files can be either dvd, blu-ray or dvd using the same rules as for movies. they will never be flagged as sd-tv or hd-tv since i assume nobody will store tv rips as disc images.
- all other extensions (and this is probably why the code fails in your case) are considered to be either sd-tv or hd-tv just by looking at the resolution again.

so it's a shortcoming in the way i do source detection for tv shows.
i guess, in the 'all other extensions' case, i'll have to check the filename for the presence of a sddvd, hddvd or bluray tag.
Thank you very much for explaining! Smile
Very popular format for HD content now is matroska container (mkv extension).
It can contain many video materials in HD with surround sound up to 1536kbps bitrate.
I my library 98% is mkv. All forder names and file names includes title, year, resolution, audio, video codec (for example: Apocalypto.2006.Blu-ray.1080p.DTS.x264.mkv).
But... I never saw "blu-ray" flag in my library.
If your mod assumes it's always blu-ray when 720 or 1080 is in folder and file name so... why I don't see blu-ray flags in my library?
But folder name and *.mkv file contains "720" or "1080"!
I see only HDDVD flag (if "HDDVD" is present) or stardard DVD flag in other cases - and not Blu-ray flag.

One more thing: look at video codec please mostly used by rippers: x264 - not h264 and I see h264 flag in my library. Is it normal or another issue by me...?

Please answer my questions above and post advice because I don't know what I'm doing wrong...
I'd like to see "Blu-ray" sign on my TV Big Grin

Thank you for your time and patience Smile
Lovely progress, ronie! Really enjoy that you are building in all neat features xbmc has to offer these days.

Would love to see your skin with a unique font.

And about the size of the skin: i like your out of the box working service. Quality takes some time Wink
Love it.
BlackJack1 Wrote:If your mod assumes it's always blu-ray when 720 or 1080 is in folder and file name so... why I don't see blu-ray flags in my library?

The detection (above) works for most of my files, but for one particular (1080p .MKV) shows 'DVD' instead of BluRay.. I wonder if it's similar - do you see DVD for the undetected content?

I'll have to check my file against the description above to see if I'm tripping over anything Smile
ronie Wrote:if the resolution is less then 720, it assumes it's a dvd. if it's 720 or 1080 i assume it's a blu-ray unless there's a hddvd tag in the filename.
- all other extension (.avi .mkv .mpg .ts .wmv - if i've missed some, let me know and i'll add those) will be handled the same way as above, by looking at the resolution.

Does it look for the vertical resolution? I would have thought with any file with letter box apsect ratio would be 720p but only have 600ish vertical lines. Or does it look for the 1280\1920 horizontal res that should be more standard?
Excellent skin, Ronie, love it!

I dont know why, but when I play music and go to the Home screen, no fanart shows, there's just a black screen with menus and now playing. I have turned off all music visualisations. Anyone know why?

Another thing I've noticed is that the media flags wont show if its i or p. The skin contains imagesets for 480i, 480p, 720p, 1080i, 1080p and so on
but somehow it's not picked up, and show the image only for resolution, not the one with i or p. It used to work before in Aeon when scanning with mediainfoplus, though I know mediainfoplus and xbmc use different methods somehow to determine the media info, just wonder why it wont show correct (this happens both with files that has the <streamdetails> and <studio> tags in movie.nfo, and files with no nfo at all).

None of these are big problems for me though.

BlackJack1 Wrote:All forder names and file names includes title, year, resolution, audio, video codec (for example: Apocalypto.2006.Blu-ray.1080p.DTS.x264.mkv).
But... I never saw "blu-ray" flag in my library.
If your mod assumes it's always blu-ray when 720 or 1080 is in folder and file name so... why I don't see blu-ray flags in my library?
I'd like to see "Blu-ray" sign on my TV Big Grin

Try with "bluray" in file name (instead of blu-ray), that's what my files are called and it works Smile
Or, maybe you could change the lookup phrase in the skins mediainfoinclude.xml (not exactly sure of the name, it's called something like that, I'm not at home now so can't check) from bluray to blu-ray. Haven't tried this with Transparency, but think it should work.
daje Wrote:Excellent skin, Ronie, love it!
Another thing I've noticed is that the media flags wont show if its i or p. The skin contains imagesets for 480i, 480p, 720p, 1080i, 1080p and so on
but somehow it's not picked up, and show the image only for resolution, not the one with i or p. It used to work before in Aeon when scanning with mediainfoplus, though I know mediainfoplus and xbmc use different methods somehow to determine the media info, just wonder why it wont show correct (this happens both with files that has the <streamdetails> and <studio> tags in movie.nfo, and files with no nfo at all).

Interlaced/progressive flagging is not possible as of now with the new media flaggin patch in svn. see the related thread.
bidossessi Wrote:Interlaced/progressive flagging is not possible as of now with the new media flaggin patch in svn. see the related thread.

Ah, thanks mate Smile
Sorry for not being up to date before asking
aaronjb Wrote:The detection (above) works for most of my files, but for one particular (1080p .MKV) shows 'DVD' instead of BluRay.. I wonder if it's similar - do you see DVD for the undetected content?

For all (64 movies in my movie folder - all in separate subfolders) detection fails for Blu-ray. I've got both "Bluray" and "Blu-ray" string in some movies name and... still standard DVD flag is displayed Sad

daje Wrote:Try with "bluray" in file name (instead of blu-ray), that's what my files are called and it works Smile
Or, maybe you could change the lookup phrase in the skins mediainfoinclude.xml (not exactly sure of the name, it's called something like that, I'm not at home now so can't check) from bluray to blu-ray. Haven't tried this with Transparency, but think it should work.

See above... I tried all "blu" strings and... nothing changed Sad

When you'll back home check exactly name of this *.xml file please...

@ ronie

Please help... if you can Smile
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38