Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [Archive] Transparency! - v0.27
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38
nicoli_k Wrote:I've noticed that whenever I play a song from either my collection or lastfm and the visualization comes up, then whenever I exit the music section the background on the home screen is just black and so is the fanart in the movie section. Reloading the skin does not bring it back. I have to restart XBMC in order for the backgrounds to show correctly again.

I'm using an Xbox and have been using r21228 and just upgraded to r21333 and the issue is still there.

though one, it's something i can't reproduce, so let's go over it step-by-step.
- first, have you enabled Skin Settings > General > Use fanart instead of visualization ?
- next when you start a song the visualization comes up...you mean the full screen visualization window ? this one isn't black ?
- if you go back to home, while the music is still playing, do you also get a black screen ?

i see one related error in your log:
11:19:51 M: 30363648 DEBUG: Dll MSVCP71.dll was not found in path
11:19:51 M: 30363648 DEBUG: Unable to load referenced dll MSVCP71.dll - Dll: Q:\visualisations\Vortex.vis
but i have no clue if this is causing your error.
could you test it with other visualizations too ?

nicoli_k Wrote:also, the "Working please wait" graphic doesn't seem to be working. There's usually the rotating green circle thing, but now it's just a blank spot to the left of the text.

ahhh...i removed the busy animation because i thought it was unused, it least i never saw it on my pc.
i'll put it back, so it should be there again in the next version.

nicoli_k Wrote:EDIT: After reading this, I realized it looks like nagging. I honestly don't mean for it to be that way.

pffff not at all!!! i certainly didn't take it that way, so no worries.
thanx for the bugreport. :-)
ronie Wrote:though one, it's something i can't reproduce, so let's go over it step-by-step.
- first, have you enabled Skin Settings > General > Use fanart instead of visualization ?
- next when you start a song the visualization comes up...you mean the full screen visualization window ? this one isn't black ?
- if you go back to home, while the music is still playing, do you also get a black screen ?
could you test it with other visualizations too ?
\

1. I do not have Use Fanart chosen, although I tried this option too and I just get a black screen after exiting the song.
2. When I start a song no visualization starts up unless I go to the home screen or press "X" to invoke the full screen window and then it works just like it should.
3. the visualization comes up and works on the home screen and shows behind all the buttons like it's supposed to.
4. I tried with various visualizations and they all do the same thing. I also tried no visualization and after stopping a song the background was lost.

Basically the visualizations (or none) work just fine, but after stopping a song, the home screen is black and all fanart is black in other views. I tired switching skins to PMIII and then back to Transparency!, but the blackness remains. The only thing to get the background back is to restart XBMC or reboot.

The only backgrounds that show are whenever I press a button and go inside the menu. The theater scene shows under movies and tv set in a field under TV shows and all the way down the list are ok, but none of the fanart is displayed.

If I can trouble shoot this more, just let me know.

Are any other xbox users experiencing this too?
nicoli_k Wrote:1. I do not have Use Fanart chosen, although I tried this option too and I just get a black screen after exiting the song.
2. When I start a song no visualization starts up unless I go to the home screen or press "X" to invoke the full screen window and then it works just like it should.
3. the visualization comes up and works on the home screen and shows behind all the buttons like it's supposed to.
4. I tried with various visualizations and they all do the same thing. I also tried no visualization and after stopping a song the background was lost.

Basically the visualizations (or none) work just fine, but after stopping a song, the home screen is black and all fanart is black in other views. I tired switching skins to PMIII and then back to Transparency!, but the blackness remains. The only thing to get the background back is to restart XBMC or reboot.

The only backgrounds that show are whenever I press a button and go inside the menu. The theater scene shows under movies and tv set in a field under TV shows and all the way down the list are ok, but none of the fanart is displayed.

If I can trouble shoot this more, just let me know.

think for reporting back.
there's one more thing you could try, what happens if you do the same with PM3.HD ?

nicoli_k Wrote:Are any other xbox users experiencing this too?

yep, if other xbox users would be so kind to test this, please also state which version of xbmc you're using.
Greg. Wrote:[quote=hasselhof]

every time I go into my music via XBMC using Transparency with or without libray mode activated I get a Lock settings box appear see picture
Image[/img]

I get the same problem John, did you nail it down?

not sure if these threads are related to your problem, but you could check 'm to see if there's a solution in one of them:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=52971
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=52996
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=53288
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=52729
ronie Wrote:think for reporting back.
there's one more thing you could try, what happens if you do the same with PM3.HD ?

I just tried out PM3.HD and fanart and the home screen show just fine after stopping a song with and without visualizations.
my pm3.hd log
Thanks Ronie for your help and links for possible solutions for the lock setting problem I still have when entering Music via your skin only.

Along with changing to different builds of XBMC for Xbox,and checking my lock settings were not activated in XBMC, I have just completed a full reinstall of Windows Vista on my pc, and I'm still getting the lock setting problem, only in transparency v0.27.

I will check out those links ect, and will also add fanart at the required places as I currently have no fanart at all for music and I will report back if I find a solution.

I am dying to have this as my default skin again.Sad
nicoli_k Wrote:I just tried out PM3.HD and fanart and the home screen show just fine after stopping a song with and without visualizations.
my pm3.hd log

hmmm...i wonder if that new recently added script has something to do with it.
according to your debug log it's causing memory leaks (whatever that means)...

could you rename the script to recently_added.bak or something similar and see if that does any good ?

i will test a few things myself on an xbox tomorrow.
ronie Wrote:could you rename the script to recently_added.bak or something similar and see if that does any good ?

just tried that and the same thing happens...

I just tried playing a song from the file manager and starting up the visualizations, and it when I exit and go back to the home screen, it works just fine and fanart shows in movies etc. I can start up a song, keep it playing, go back to the home screen with visualizations showing in the background, leave the song, and it goes back to normal. The mess-up only occurs when I'm in the Music sub-screen and launch music from there. log

I had been using the special version for the xbox with the two new .27a files so I thought that might be the problem. I re-downloaded the version of .27 from the first post and tried it again with the same problem. this one's tough to nail down.
hasselhof Wrote:Thanks Ronie for your help and links for possible solutions for the lock setting problem I still have when entering Music via your skin only.

I am dying to have this as my default skin again.Sad

I hear your brother, Ronies skin impresssed the pants off me right outta the box. However at this point Ive tried everything. The only way I can make the music subsystem work properly is by changing from PM3HD to Transparency! WHILE a song is playing.

From that point all works faultlessy - that is until the file mode or vice versa is selected. Then, the lock probs and memory leaks continue even if you change back to PM3HD (without rebooting). if that helps anyone.

I wont include logs, same as hasselhof and not attributable to .27a. Movies using same server are not affected in any way. Even entering correct share logins (present in sources.xml anyway) at this time (if it dosent hang) won't get past it. Once rebooted, PM3HD and other skins are A-o.k. Vista here too. Anything else I can check please holler.
ronie Wrote:Never had problems with fanart, and i don't think there's much you can enable in the allmusic.com scraper, besides the two options you've already selected.
On thing i can think of is your directory structure, it should be like this:
Music/Artist1/Album1
Music/Artist1/Album2
Music/Artist1/fanart.jpg
Music/Artist2/.....

This is exactly how my directory structure is. Thanks anyway for your kind help in trying to fix this. As you proposed earlier I can always to it manually artist by artist, but since I have created fanart for my full 500 artist single collection, I will try a bit more to find the cause of the issue since the manual approach will be time consumingConfused

PS: I am really glad to see you liked the idea for a fanart view for Now Playing. I use the Now playing mode all the time and this will be a great upgrade for me. Keep up the exceptional good work - I am now following this tread on a daily basis Big Grin
Ronie,
I've created a custom shutdown menu.

now the system info has still the right text but all the others have "shutdown" even the eject

here the screenshot:
[img=http://img197.imageshack.us/img197/8900/screenshot002daz.th.jpg]
mfsav2 Wrote:Ronie,
I've created a custom shutdown menu.

now the system info has still the right text but all the others have "shutdown" even the eject

here the screenshot:
[img=http://img197.imageshack.us/img197/8900/screenshot002daz.th.jpg]

could you try if a reboot fixes the issue ?
nicoli_k Wrote:this one's tough to nail down.

you can say that again.
i did some tests with nightly build r21346, but no matter what i try, i can't reproduce your problem. i'm afraid i'm out of ideas for now. :-(
hasselhof Wrote:Thanks Ronie for your help and links for possible solutions for the lock setting problem I still have when entering Music via your skin only.

Along with changing to different builds of XBMC for Xbox,and checking my lock settings were not activated in XBMC, I have just completed a full reinstall of Windows Vista on my pc, and I'm still getting the lock setting problem, only in transparency v0.27.

Greg. Wrote:I hear your brother, Ronies skin impresssed the pants off me right outta the box. However at this point Ive tried everything. The only way I can make the music subsystem work properly is by changing from PM3HD to Transparency! WHILE a song is playing.

From that point all works faultlessy - that is until the file mode or vice versa is selected. Then, the lock probs and memory leaks continue even if you change back to PM3HD (without rebooting). if that helps anyone.

I wont include logs, same as hasselhof and not attributable to .27a. Movies using same server are not affected in any way. Even entering correct share logins (present in sources.xml anyway) at this time (if it dosent hang) won't get past it. Once rebooted, PM3HD and other skins are A-o.k. Vista here too. Anything else I can check please holler.

ok, i've spent a few hours troubleshooting this. these are my findings:
- i don't have problems with music on a linux share
- i have to same problem as you with music on a windows share
- the problem only occurs when using music in filemode
- if i switch to library mode all is fine for me
- it's related to Transparency! trying the find a fanart.jpg image, this is a workaround i use to make fanart in filemode possible. other skins don't have this feature, so don't trigger this error.

now the difference between my linux share and my windows share is, i don't have to login to access the linux share.
so would it be possible to create a 'public' windows share, that everyone can access without having to enter a username and password Huh??
ronie Wrote:could you try if a reboot fixes the issue ?

closing and opening XBMC does not solve it...

I will reboot in a short while...
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38