Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [Archive] Transparency! - v0.27
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38
dynamix Wrote:Little question: i've noticed there is a space for a wide banner when using the fanart view in the tvshow section. I have scraped all my tvshows for use with posters... so i see a poster in that space. Now i know i can manually set a wide banner for the tvshow... though i was wondering how you take care of that, do you scrape both the posters and wide banners?

In the past i've used the build-in thetvdb.com scraper, which downloads wide-banners instead of posters by default.
Nowadays i use Media Info Plus to scrape the info and artwork. The default setting in MIP is also to use banners instead of posters.
As you can see PM3.HD was build around this (check wide-icon view for tv shows and also the space for the banner in media-info view),
so i really didn't change anything in Transparency!....there's no way for the skin to check the format of the images, it just assumes your using banners.

It will work with posters too of course, it just looks a bit odd.
Ronie,
can you introduce this changes in your skin for offline content?

file: Includes_MovieMediaFlags.xml
Code:
        <!-- Source -->
[b]            <control type="image" id="5085">
                <include>MovieMediaflagsVars</include>
                <texture>flags/movies/source/dvdoff.png</texture>
                <visible>substring(listitem.filename,offdvd) | [[!substring(listitem.filename,hddvd) + !substring(listitem.filename,bluray)] + [substring(listitem.filename,.iso) | substring(listitem.filename,.img) | substring(listitem.filename,.avi) | substring(listitem.filename,.mkv) | substring(listitem.filename,.mov) | substring(listitem.filename,.mpg) | substring(listitem.filename,.mpeg) | substring(listitem.filename,.ts) | substring(listitem.filename,.wmv)] + ![substring(listitem.studio,720) | substring(listitem.studio,1080) | substring(ListItem.VideoResolution,720) | substring(ListItem.VideoResolution,1080)]]</visible>
            </control>[/b]
            <control type="image" id="5085">
                <texture>flags/movies/source/dvd.png</texture>
                <visible>substring(listitem.filename,sddvd) | substring(listitem.filename,.ifo) | substring(listitem.filename,.vob) | [[!substring(listitem.filename,hddvd) + !substring(listitem.filename,bluray)] + [substring(listitem.filename,.iso) | substring(listitem.filename,.img) | substring(listitem.filename,.avi) | substring(listitem.filename,.mkv) | substring(listitem.filename,.mov) | substring(listitem.filename,.mpg) | substring(listitem.filename,.mpeg) | substring(listitem.filename,.ts) | substring(listitem.filename,.wmv)] + ![substring(listitem.studio,720) | substring(listitem.studio,1080) | substring(ListItem.VideoResolution,720) | substring(ListItem.VideoResolution,1080)]]</visible>
            </control>

Code:
                <texture>flags/movies/source/bluray.png</texture>
                <visible>!substring(listitem.filename,hddvd) + [substring(listitem.filename,.iso) | substring(listitem.filename,.img) | substring(listitem.filename,.avi) | substring(listitem.filename,.mkv) | substring(listitem.filename,.mpg) | substring(listitem.filename,.ts) | substring(listitem.filename,.wmv)] + [substring(listitem.studio,720) | substring(listitem.studio,1080) | substring(ListItem.VideoResolution,720) | substring(ListItem.VideoResolution,1080)]</visible>
            </control>
                <visible>substring(listitem.filename,.offdvd)</visible>
            </control>[/b]            <control type="image" id="5085">
                <visible>substring(listitem.filename,.ifo) | substring(listitem.filename,.vob)</visible>
            </control>

file: Includes_TVShowMediaFlags.xml
Code:
                <include>TVShowMediaflagsVars</include>
                <texture>flags/movies/source/bluray.png</texture>
                <visible>substring(listitem.filename,.m2ts)) | substring(listitem.filename,bluray) | [![substring(listitem.filename,sdtv) | substring(listitem.filename,hdtv) | substring(listitem.filename,hddvd) | substring(listitem.filename,sddvd)] + [substring(listitem.filename,.iso) | substring(listitem.filename,.img)] + [substring(listitem.director,720) | substring(listitem.director,1080) | substring(listitem.VideoResolution,720) | substring(listitem.VideoResolution,1080)]]</visible>
            </control>
                <visible>substring(listitem.filename,.offdvd) | [![substring(listitem.filename,sdtv) | substring(listitem.filename,hdtv) | substring(listitem.filename,bluray) | substring(listitem.filename,hddvd)] + [substring(listitem.filename,.iso) | substring(listitem.filename,.img)] + [substring(listitem.director,SD) | substring(listitem.director,480) | substring(listitem.director,540) | substring(listitem.director,576) | substring(listitem.VideoResolution,SD) | substring(listitem.VideoResolution,480) | substring(listitem.VideoResolution,540) | substring(listitem.VideoResolution,576)]]</visible>
            </control>[/b]            <control type="image" id="5085">
                <visible>substring(listitem.filename,.ifo) | substring(listitem.filename,.vob) | substring(listitem.filename,sddvd)  | [![substring(listitem.filename,sdtv) | substring(listitem.filename,hdtv) | substring(listitem.filename,bluray) | substring(listitem.filename,hddvd)] + [substring(listitem.filename,.iso) | substring(listitem.filename,.img)] + [substring(listitem.director,SD) | substring(listitem.director,480) | substring(listitem.director,540) | substring(listitem.director,576) | substring(listitem.VideoResolution,SD) | substring(listitem.VideoResolution,480) | substring(listitem.VideoResolution,540) | substring(listitem.VideoResolution,576)]]</visible>
            </control>

here the file to be saved as dvdoff.png: [img=http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/6898/dvdoff.png]

thanks
ronie Wrote:In the past i've used the build-in thetvdb.com scraper, which downloads wide-banners instead of posters by default.
Nowadays i use Media Info Plus to scrape the info and artwork. The default setting in MIP is also to use banners instead of posters.
As you can see PM3.HD was build around this (check wide-icon view for tv shows and also the space for the banner in media-info view),
so i really didn't change anything in Transparency!....there's no way for the skin to check the format of the images, it just assumes your using banners.

It will work with posters too of course, it just looks a bit odd.

Thanks for the explaining... it seems i was thinking to complicated Rolleyes The skin uses the default tvshow thumb (poster or banner) on that space. I thought the poster on the left side was the default tvshow thumb...
mfsav2 Wrote:Ronie,
can you introduce this changes in your skin for offline content?

Code:
<visible>substring(listitem.filename,offdvd) | [[!substring(listitem.filename,hddvd) + !substring(listitem.filename,bluray)] + [substring(listitem.filename,.iso) | substring(listitem.filename,.img) | substring(listitem.filename,.avi) | substring(listitem.filename,.mkv) | substring(listitem.filename,.mov) | substring(listitem.filename,.mpg) | substring(listitem.filename,.mpeg) | substring(listitem.filename,.ts) | substring(listitem.filename,.wmv)] + ![substring(listitem.studio,720) | substring(listitem.studio,1080) | substring(ListItem.VideoResolution,720) | substring(ListItem.VideoResolution,1080)]]</visible>

well, there's a few things wrong with this,
- it will give you a lot of false possitives. you're using an 'or' statement after the offdvd matching string, so it'll show a offline dvd flag for just about every SD movie in your collection.

mfsav2 Wrote:
Code:
<visible>substring(listitem.filename,.offdvd)</visible>

if this condition is met, the previous one will also be met, so it will show the offline dvd flag two times.

mfsav2 Wrote:
Code:
<visible>substring(listitem.filename,.offdvd) | [![substring(listitem.filename,sdtv) | substring(listitem.filename,hdtv) | substring(listitem.filename,bluray) | substring(listitem.filename,hddvd)] + [substring(listitem.filename,.iso) | substring(listitem.filename,.img)] + [substring(listitem.director,SD) | substring(listitem.director,480) | substring(listitem.director,540) | substring(listitem.director,576) | substring(listitem.VideoResolution,SD) | substring(listitem.VideoResolution,480) | substring(listitem.VideoResolution,540) | substring(listitem.VideoResolution,576)]]</visible>

same problem as with the first one. this will show the offline dvd flag for all your SD .iso and .img files, whether offline or not.

what about offline bluray disks? or offline hddvd, sdtv, hdtv content ?
why not put the 'offdvd' tag in the foldername instead of the filename?

look, i really won't mind to add some kind of offline detection, but it's got to be fullproof and most important, work for everyone.
i don't think it's wise the add some rules that will only benefit one person.
so if you can come up with a generic method for offline detection, that everyone agrees on, i'll be the first to add it. ;-)
ronie Wrote:well, there's a few things wrong with this,
- it will give you a lot of false possitives. you're using an 'or' statement after the offdvd matching string, so it'll show a offline dvd flag for just about every SD movie in your collection.

HARG!!! I did a mess.

Sorry!

I will explain my usage:
I have a huge data lirbary for my DVD that I manage with a program.
I'm able to export them in the form I like (I wrote the exporter) and I can have a folder extension to identify the offline folders.
Twilight.offdvd

So what I was trying to do is to show the DVD offline icon for my offline folders

I will recheck the code... (or if you have suggestions Wink )

I've updated to code to be:

Code:
        <!-- Source -->
                <visible>substring(listitem.filename,offdvd)</visible>
            </control>

ronie Wrote:if this condition is met, the previous one will also be met, so it will show the offline dvd flag two times.

This one I have not understand. I simply checked all the occurences of the DVD.PNG and the other and added the offdvd

Is this the reason for which I have two icons and offdvd and a dvd? what should be the second one ?

ronie Wrote:what about offline bluray disks? or offline hddvd, sdtv, hdtv content ?
why not put the 'offdvd' tag in the foldername instead of the filename?

look, i really won't mind to add some kind of offline detection, but it's got to be fullproof and most important, work for everyone.
i don't think it's wise the add some rules that will only benefit one person.
so if you can come up with a generic method for offline detection, that everyone agrees on, i'll be the first to add it. ;-)

I would love to have offline flag for all types but as a first outcome it would be nice even to distinguish between the offline dvd and the online content.

this is a sample directory structure I was using:

Directory of T:\test out\output 2\A Beautiful Mind (2001).offdvd

29-Jun-09 19:08 <DIR> .
29-Jun-09 19:08 <DIR> ..
28-Jun-09 15:22 45,064 A Beautiful Mind (2001).offdvd.avi
28-Jun-09 15:22 84 A Beautiful Mind (2001).offdvd.info
29-Jun-09 19:08 1,191,231 A Beautiful Mind (2001).offdvd.jpg
29-Jun-09 19:08 6,588 A Beautiful Mind (2001).offdvd.nfo
29-Jun-09 19:08 1,191,231 A Beautiful Mind (2001).offdvd.tbn
29-Jun-09 19:08 <DIR> extrathumbs
29-Jun-09 19:08 385,530 fanart.jpg
29-Jun-09 19:08 1,191,231 folder.jpg
29-Jun-09 19:08 1,191,231 poster.jpg
8 File(s) 5,202,190 bytes
3 Dir(s) 4,784,021,504 bytes free

So I put the flag in the folder and then, using MIP or EMM, I fill in the folder with all the files.

this should be generic enough for everyone...
I have just installed the new version of 0.27, how do I enable the recently added files, I can't see them by default and can;t find an option.
Justcop Wrote:I have just installed the new version of 0.27, how do I enable the recently added files, I can't see them by default and can;t find an option.

here ya go man click this
Hi

thank's for this great skin!! I'm using it on my xbox with latest th3c build

I've a couple of issue:

1. Home screen is ok and I use some backgrounds downsized for Xbox memory issue (940x465 if I'm right). Sometime I've some black screen inside info of a film or in skin configuration windows. Rebooting the Xbox is temporary fixing it. Maybe a memory consumption problem?

2. Is it possible to use the free ram on the top of the screen like in the Aeon Xbox lite skin? it will be really useful

3. I wonder if it could be possible to use the fanart downloaded from the scraper for the home backgrounds. Are they stored in a specific folder??

Thank you

L.

L.
tuXor Wrote:q & d

Edit ~/.xbmc/userdata/guisettings.xml
Look for these 2 lines:
<setting type="string" name="Transparency!.music_folder_path">/pathtomusic/</setting>

<setting type="string" name="Transparency!.tvshows_folder_path">/pathtoshows/</setting>

Replace pathto... with your path

nope no go for me on this.

I replaced the /pathtomusic/ in the guisettings.xml with
smb://192/168/0/50/music/
and tried various permutations of this too

the problem is that on a reboot it reverts back to the old guisettings.xml without anything in the /pathto... area.

Now I dunno if its because I am using the xbox for it or whether it doesn't like smb's in the path.

I guess it's a problem like ronie said with xbmc itself - does that mean that all the people out there using cdart have their music stored locally to their htpc/xbox/pc and not using nas servers or remote drives?

tnx

Brent
(Sorry for bad english : I'm Italian)

Translated by google

Congratulation to the skin is the best I have ever tried!

I have a small problem: I have a good collection of films and when i enter in the section devoted to them i can't find a movie quickly. I's possible to make the film button lead to tje genres list rather than to the film list? And you can include the kind "All movies"? In this way we can still access the list of all movies. Thank you and good work!

Originale :

Tradotto da google

Congratulazione per la skin è la migliore che abbia mai provato !

Ho un piccolo problema: Ho una discreta collezione di film e quando entro nella sezione a loro dedicata non riesco mai a trovare velocemente il film che cerco. E' possibile fare in modo che il pulsante film anzichè portare alla lista dei film porti alla lista dei generi ? Ed è possibile includere il genere "Tutti i film" ? In questo modo avremo sempre la possibilità di accedere alla lista di tutti i film. Grazie e ottimo lavoro !
im using the 0.27a which shows the latest media on the home screen...noticed a small bug where it seems to be if an episode doesnt have a name it is given the name of the one above it that has a name.

Also not sure if this is possible but it would be nice to have some kind of skip to by letter function on the UI, I know I can enable this on teh remote but it would be cool if there was say an option where you select it and it brings up A-Z letters in a horozontal menu and u slide to which letter you want to skip to. This was in a meedio skin I used to use was quite a handy feature, specially if your remote doesnt have the numbers on the buttons.
lupick Wrote:Hi

thank's for this great skin!! I'm using it on my xbox with latest th3c build

I've a couple of issue:

1. Home screen is ok and I use some backgrounds downsized for Xbox memory issue (940x465 if I'm right). Sometime I've some black screen inside info of a film or in skin configuration windows. Rebooting the Xbox is temporary fixing it. Maybe a memory consumption problem?

I have little to no experience with the xbox, so i'll leave this question up to the xbox experts.

lupick Wrote:2. Is it possible to use the free ram on the top of the screen like in the Aeon Xbox lite skin? it will be really useful

Can't say i'm familiar with Aeon Lite, but do you want the free RAM to be visible all of the time, on all screens ?

lupick Wrote:3. I wonder if it could be possible to use the fanart downloaded from the scraper for the home backgrounds. Are they stored in a specific folder??

Yes, all downloaded fanart is stored in these places:
../userdata/Thumbnails/Video/Fanart
../userdata/Thumbnails/Music/Fanart
meanstreak Wrote:nope no go for me on this.

I replaced the /pathtomusic/ in the guisettings.xml with
smb://192/168/0/50/music/
and tried various permutations of this too

the problem is that on a reboot it reverts back to the old guisettings.xml without anything in the /pathto... area.

Now I dunno if its because I am using the xbox for it or whether it doesn't like smb's in the path.

I guess it's a problem like ronie said with xbmc itself - does that mean that all the people out there using cdart have their music stored locally to their htpc/xbox/pc and not using nas servers or remote drives?

tnx

Brent

you'll have to quit xbmc before editting guisettings.xml.
only modify this file when xbmc is not running.

as for the path, it should be like smb://192.168.0.50/music/ or smb://servername/sharename/
ronie Wrote:I have little to no experience with the xbox, so i'll leave this question up to the xbox experts.

Can't say i'm familiar with Aeon Lite, but do you want the free RAM to be visible all of the time, on all screens

Yes, all downloaded fanart is stored in these places:
../userdata/Thumbnails/Video/Fanart
../userdata/Thumbnails/Music/Fanart

yes it could be fine to have it in any screen... maybe with the clock in a top right corner of the screen
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38