Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [WIP] The Paper Street Soap Company (mockups and development of a new skin concept)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
blacklist Wrote:The beginning of the actor list view. Not sure what else it needs, but it doesn't feel done at all.

Flow goes:

Movies -> Movie -> Cast -> Actor Detail
Movies -> Actors -> Actor List (or Fanart) -> Actor Detail

I'd like to do the same with directors... a plan for another day Big Grin

Presumably, one would be browsing actors with the intent to watch a movie, right? Maybe a few well-placed movie posters (most watched movies would engender positive reactions to the actor and make the browsing kind of fun; unwatched would be a useful way to shop around for something to watch)? Breaks the nice actor-info-only vibe you've got going (and which is cool because it doesn't really exist in xbmc like you're presenting it), but worth a shot if the tie back to media adds some value....
Holy Schnikes That looks good! Nothing i can really say. Has just about everything I would want to know.

One thing possibly to put would be even movies that aren't currently in the user's DB but movies that somebody would be willing to buy. Like i like adam sandler but i want to know some other movies he is but listing them as not owned or not in the DB possibly.
Rad_ Wrote:Presumably, one would be browsing actors with the intent to watch a movie, right? Maybe a few well-placed movie posters (most watched movies would engender positive reactions to the actor and make the browsing kind of fun; unwatched would be a useful way to shop around for something to watch)? Breaks the nice actor-info-only vibe you've got going (and which is cool because it doesn't really exist in xbmc like you're presenting it), but worth a shot if the tie back to media adds some value....

I had considered this, but I'm not sure how much database acrobatics it would require. As it stands now, actors are only linked in relation to media (if I understand it correctly... so its easy to get from a movie to an actor, but not necessarily to get from an actor to a movie?)

I agree the tie back may add some value... but I think the payoff is the next click, where you get the nice media rich actor detail info.

You're right though... the actor and director links in most of XBMC today is kind of an after-thought. Mostly it seems because the actor table gets so insanely big it makes it tough to actually look for a specific actor. The whole idea of using a python script to whittle that list down to your TOP actors in the database will help make it a more useful way to browse media (I hope!)
Drazzilb Wrote:Holy Schnikes That looks good! Nothing i can really say. Has just about everything I would want to know.

One thing possibly to put would be even movies that aren't currently in the user's DB but movies that somebody would be willing to buy. Like i like adam sandler but i want to know some other movies he is but listing them as not owned or not in the DB possibly.

I had considered that too. In a perfect world, I would pull the actors whole filmography and then tag the items actually in a user's collection. Again, I'm not sure that this kind of database/scraper acrobatics would be worth the processor/time investment it would require... but in my mind provide a much more feature rich way to explore your media.

First pass at the album detail view. All fine and good for a single artist album, but not sure how this alters for a compliation album. Can I tell the difference from within XBMC? There is a compilation node, so I'm assuming we can detect them.

2 Layouts... one for a single artist album, one for a multi artist compliation? Pull out the artist image and fan art, do some rearranging so I can fit in the track title and track artist as well.

Anything else I'm missing?
Shit, this skin I going to be a huge pile of work! But it's impressiv if you pull it of =) Great work so far!
blacklist Wrote:Image

First off, great concept. This is going to be mega when it's done.

One concern I have is with the cover art blown up to this size. I may be wrong, but the resolution on Last.fm is only 174x174 for most covers. I'm using 300x300 in my MusicVisualization.XML and that's pushing it.

Just something to think about.
YOUNG13 Wrote:First off, great concept. This is going to be mega when it's done.

One concern I have is with the cover art blown up to this size. I may be wrong, but the resolution on Last.fm is only 174x174 for most covers. I'm using 300x300 in my MusicVisualization.XML and that's pushing it.

Just something to think about.

I had thought about this, the only way I know to conquer it for sure is use local album art instead of the last.fm scraped. OR talk to one of the scraper developers about working on pulling higher res images. There are a few cover art scrapers out there that will add high resolution artwork to your files... that may be another option.

I agree on the concern though - we'll see how it shapes up.

1. This is real. Live. Working.
2. Ronie is the bomb, yo.
Freaking sweet! I had no idea Samuel Jackson was in an anime....

The skin looks great too! Tongue
clock2113 Wrote:Freaking sweet! I had no idea Samuel Jackson was in an anime....

The skin looks great too! Tongue

Highly recommend Afro Samurai. Lots of fun. There are 2 movies, kind of crazy but fun to watch.
just have to say it dude!!! WOWBig Grin
blacklist Wrote:This is probably outside of the next aired script. I think its probably a more simple script that looks at the episode list of either a show, or a specific season and looks at the dates added to the dbase. If the eposode has been added in the last 5 days and is not marked as watched, then we display the "new episode" flag.

Looks like you posted the idea bfore I did!Sad Laugh I posted this in Alaska, here is my thread: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=90408

If the script gets made, I'd love it in Alaska Revisited.
totatally of script !

night is able to do it, i think this is done with stringcompare on xbmc last added list.