Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [WIP] The Paper Street Soap Company (mockups and development of a new skin concept)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
ralph9994 Wrote:Very nice skin.

Can you promise that it will not end like welo did??

why would this be the end blacklist wouldn't just give up besides ronie is probably coding up a storm
Seems many skins end up not being finished. First welo then fusion so who's to say same thing won't happen here.
as far as i know, nobody can look into the future...
but as of yet, i can't think of a single reason why we won't finish this skin.

and, if it's not released by 2012...feel free to ask again if the project is still alive. :-)
ronie Wrote:and, if it's not released by 2012...feel free to ask again if the project is still alive. :-)

Cheers to that! I don't think most people have any idea how time consuming designing a skin can be. I've spent hours just on a single movie info screen only to trash it and start over again...and what I'm doing is a fraction of the complexity of what you guys are working on!
we just have fun Big Grin
Japaja Wrote:Seems many skins end up not being finished. First welo then fusion so who's to say same thing won't happen here.

Here we go again. Rolleyes

Firstly skins take up an incredible amount of peoples free time and sometimes real life takes precedence.

Secondly neither Welo nor Fusion are abandoned.

Just let these skins develop in their own time.

/Rant.
ralph9994 Wrote:Very nice skin.

Can you promise that it will not end like welo did??

Japaja Wrote:Seems many skins end up not being finished. First welo...

Paper Street and Welo are alive and well. Like Hitcher said, it just takes time. Life gets in the way now and then, and the forum thread can go a little quiet, however don't panic, they will arrive when they are ready. Wink
We have an amazing community of people on this forum who dont get paid for the great work they do. Yea some great skins have died/taken ages to finish/ect but we already have some awesome skins and more will come.
ronie Wrote:as far as i know, nobody can look into the future...
but as of yet, i can't think of a single reason why we won't finish this skin.

and, if it's not released by 2012...feel free to ask again if the project is still alive. :-)

The fact is ronie and I both had some personal stuff come up at about the same so we've been taking a little break from development to deal with those things. Besides, sometimes its good to step away for a bit and come back to see what's working and what isn't.

Is the project dead? Absoultly not.
2012? Maybe... Big Grin
wow, just came across this thread today. This skin looks like it'll be great, I'll be keeping an eye on the development and will be happy to provide some user testing if needed in the future.

Cheers.
Take your time and get it right. Much better than the approach of certain large organisations where the software is buggy and required lots of updates Smile

The skin looks fantastic, as it is a work in progress, no one should assume it will be finished. If it is not finished than get the code and do it yourself. You will then realise what a difficult task this is.

Well done for what you have achieved with this skin, it looks tremendous.
Hey guys, I just have to step in an tellya this skin is most original, conceptually and artisticly I have see in awhile. I dont care when will it be published to the wild cos you guys do a tremendus job shapeing it, dressing it for us to look sexy. Do your thing and impress us good :-D Cheers!
misfortune121 Wrote:thanks for the link

You're welcome?
blacklist Wrote:You're welcome?

having a conversation with a spambot, are we?
ronie Wrote:having a conversation with a spambot, are we?

Seems like an interesting conversationalist...