Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [RELEASE] XBMC Flicks - Netflix Movies / TV Shows (Video) experimental Addon for XBMC
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I've been trying to get the XBMC Flicks addon to work, but after I install the plugin from the addons and go into the app, the browser window never opens up to link my account to XBMC flicks.

I'm on OS X (and yes, I set the setting to 'yes' for OS X) and Dharma 10.1.

Any help would be appreciated. If there is any other information I can provide I'll be happy to.
HKDude Wrote:Thanks fekker! That was the issue.

Peace has been restored as the wife and daughters can watch Netflicks again.

Darn it, I spoke too soon. I checked last night and the shows I chose in the queue worked fine. However, it turns out the bulk of the items in my queue are not working. I'm getting the generic "script failed: plugin.video.XBMCflicks" on the user interface. The log is showing the following clues:

Code:
19:59:51 T:1304 M:3339431936  NOTICE: USER INFO FILE LOC: C:\Users\htpc\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\addon_data\plugin.video.xbmcflicks\userinfo.txt
19:59:51 T:1304 M:3339427840  NOTICE: matched file contents, it is in the correct format
19:59:51 T:1304 M:3339427840  NOTICE: finished loading up user information from file
19:59:51 T:1304 M:3339427840  NOTICE: .. getAuth called ..
19:59:51 T:1304 M:3339427840  NOTICE: OSX Setting is set to: False
19:59:51 T:1304 M:3339427840  NOTICE: .. user configured ..
19:59:51 T:1304 M:3339055104   ERROR: Error Type: exceptions.AttributeError
19:59:51 T:1304 M:3339055104   ERROR: Error Contents: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'group'
19:59:51 T:1304 M:3338944512   ERROR: Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "C:\Users\htpc\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.xbmcflicks\default.py", line 26, in ?
                                                import resources.lib.menu as menu
                                              File "C:\Users\htpc\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.xbmcflicks\resources\lib\menu.py", line 464, in ?
                                                getEpisodeListing(tvShowID,tvSeasonID,"Disc")
                                              File "C:\Users\htpc\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.xbmcflicks\resources\lib\iqueue.py", line 1664, in getEpisodeListing
                                                curX = getMovieDataFromFeed(curX, curQueueItem, False, netflixClient, instantOnly, strType, True)
                                              File "C:\Users\htpc\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.xbmcflicks\resources\lib\iqueue.py", line 861, in getMovieDataFromFeed
                                                curXe.TvEpisodeEpisodeSeasonNum = str(matchSeasonNum.group("seasonNum"))
                                            AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'group'
19:59:51 T:2996 M:3338940416   ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.video.xbmcflicks/?mode=tvExpandshId70128262seIdFalse
19:59:51 T:2996 M:3338940416   ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.video.xbmcflicks/?mode=tvExpandshId70128262seIdFalse) failed

I did check and I can view the episode at NetFlix within my browser on the HTPC.
updated iewrap.exe

options (pass as arguments)

Argument: showscroll
ScrollBars are Enabled and visable

Argument: nobutton
Effect: Hides the button

Argument: notop
Effect: doesn't bring to top focus (i.e. in front of everything else)

Arugment: focus
Effect: Should bring focus to the window for those using remotes (after a 1 second delay)

Link: https://rapidshare.com/files/460494891/iewrap.exe
HKDude Wrote:Darn it, I spoke too soon. I checked last night and the shows I chose in the queue worked fine. However, it turns out the bulk of the items in my queue are not working. I'm getting the generic "script failed: plugin.video.XBMCflicks" on the user interface. The log is showing the following clues:

Code:
19:59:51 T:1304 M:3339431936  NOTICE: USER INFO FILE LOC: C:\Users\htpc\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\addon_data\plugin.video.xbmcflicks\userinfo.txt
19:59:51 T:1304 M:3339427840  NOTICE: matched file contents, it is in the correct format
19:59:51 T:1304 M:3339427840  NOTICE: finished loading up user information from file
19:59:51 T:1304 M:3339427840  NOTICE: .. getAuth called ..
19:59:51 T:1304 M:3339427840  NOTICE: OSX Setting is set to: False
19:59:51 T:1304 M:3339427840  NOTICE: .. user configured ..
19:59:51 T:1304 M:3339055104   ERROR: Error Type: exceptions.AttributeError
19:59:51 T:1304 M:3339055104   ERROR: Error Contents: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'group'
19:59:51 T:1304 M:3338944512   ERROR: Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "C:\Users\htpc\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.xbmcflicks\default.py", line 26, in ?
                                                import resources.lib.menu as menu
                                              File "C:\Users\htpc\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.xbmcflicks\resources\lib\menu.py", line 464, in ?
                                                getEpisodeListing(tvShowID,tvSeasonID,"Disc")
                                              File "C:\Users\htpc\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.xbmcflicks\resources\lib\iqueue.py", line 1664, in getEpisodeListing
                                                curX = getMovieDataFromFeed(curX, curQueueItem, False, netflixClient, instantOnly, strType, True)
                                              File "C:\Users\htpc\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.xbmcflicks\resources\lib\iqueue.py", line 861, in getMovieDataFromFeed
                                            AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'group'
19:59:51 T:2996 M:3338940416   ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.video.xbmcflicks/?mode=tvExpandshId70128262seIdFalse
19:59:51 T:2996 M:3338940416   ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.video.xbmcflicks/?mode=tvExpandshId70128262seIdFalse) failed

I did check and I can view the episode at NetFlix within my browser on the HTPC.

woops.. fixed in 1.0.19 (submitted to xbmc, should be available soon)

You can fix it manually:

in the iqueue.py file change the following .. if matchEpNum: to if matchSeasonNum:
Code:
matchSeasonNum = re.search('(?sm)u{0,1}[\'"]season_number[\'"]: u{0,1}(?P<seasonNum>\\d{1,3})', matchAllEp.group())
        if matchEpNum:

To this:
Code:
matchSeasonNum = re.search('(?sm)u{0,1}[\'"]season_number[\'"]: u{0,1}(?P<seasonNum>\\d{1,3})', matchAllEp.group())
       [b] [color=Green]if matchSeasonNum:[/color][/b]
lehite Wrote:Hi,

I've been trying to get the XBMC Flicks addon to work, but after I install the plugin from the addons and go into the app, the browser window never opens up to link my account to XBMC flicks.

Any help would be appreciated. If there is any other information I can provide I'll be happy to.

put the addon in debug mode, manually enter the auth details into the iqueue.py file (it'll tell ya in the log where to put what)
fekker Wrote:updated iewrap.exe

options (pass as arguments)

Argument: showscroll
ScrollBars are Enabled and visable

Argument: nobutton
Effect: Hides the button

Argument: notop
Effect: doesn't bring to top focus (i.e. in front of everything else)

Arugment: focus
Effect: Should bring focus to the window for those using remotes (after a 1 second delay)

Link: https://rapidshare.com/files/460494891/iewrap.exe

Downloaded twice. Wrapper loads completely blank. Old wrapper works fine. Not sure what's going on.

Try using "command tab" to switch to your browser and back again.

Same is happening on windows with the iewrap.exe from RS.

Just a white screen with the Close button in the upper right corner.

Alt+Tab does nothing as far as fixing.
eQUIV Wrote:Downloaded twice. Wrapper loads completely blank. Old wrapper works fine. Not sure what's going on.

Quote:Same is happening on windows with the iewrap.exe from RS.

Just a white screen with the Close button in the upper right corner.

Alt+Tab does nothing as far as fixing.

Did you remove the part that tells it what site to load?

Code:
<filename>c:\xbmcflix\iewrap.exe</filename>
     <args>focus "{1}"</args>

You can test it via the command line (same thing that xbmc calls, basically)

iewrap.exe focus http://www.google.com

iewrap.exe showscroll focus http://www.google.com

iewrap.exe nobutton http://www.google.com

etc

post your playercorefactory.xml
http://forums.silverlight.net/forums/t/226735.aspx

Silverlight 5 not working for me, and many others. Sad
fekker Wrote:Did you remove the part that tells it what site to load?
I'm not sure what you're referring to.

Quote:You can test it via the command line (same thing that xbmc calls, basically)

iewrap.exe focus http://www.google.com

iewrap.exe showscroll focus http://www.google.com

iewrap.exe nobutton http://www.google.com

etc

post your playercorefactory.xml

Command line appears to work fine. It will load websites with that method. Something seems to be restricting/preventing XBMC to send URLs to the new wrapper. When the wrapper opens via the plugin, it is still blank.

Code:
<playercorefactory>
  <players>
    <player name="IE" type="ExternalPlayer">
     <filename>C:\NetflixControl\iewrap.exe</filename>
     <args>focus "{1}"</args>
     <hidexbmc>false</hidexbmc>
     <hideconsole>false</hideconsole>
     <warpcursor>none</warpcursor>
    </player>
  </players>

<rules action="prepend">
    <rule name="html" filetypes="html" player="IE" />
  </rules>
</playercorefactory>
Awesome plugin! Seems to work rather well. I do have a question though. Will it ever be possible to have shows/movies from your instant queue load inside of XBMC rather than outside XBMC in a separate browser?
Ok, I was using old source on the wrapper that I made the changes to.

try this one
https://rapidshare.com/files/460662645/iewrap.exe

For playback within xbmc, it's highly unlikely unless xbmc and netflix worked together on it, like boxee did.

Now what we can shoot for is a wrapper that uses the same controls as xbmc does, which is why silverlight 5 is good.
fekker Wrote:Ok, I was using old source on the wrapper that I made the changes to.

try this one
https://rapidshare.com/files/460662645/iewrap.exe

For playback within xbmc, it's highly unlikely unless xbmc and netflix worked together on it, like boxee did.

Now what we can shoot for is a wrapper that uses the same controls as xbmc does, which is why silverlight 5 is good.

That took care of it. Thanks.
Excellent. The updated wrapper works now. However, the focus function does not. I still have to click before I can send keyboard/remote presses.

I would like to thank you for your hard work and efforts to resolve the problem. Perhaps yourself or someone can come up with a proper solution soon.