• 45(current)
Mod Aeon MQ 8 Multi-Mod
@ctindell81

Sure, you can send me a PM.
(2019-12-03, 20:00)Meretory Wrote:
(2019-12-03, 15:40)Buzniak Wrote: Sorry guys for this, but I'm not getting any meta or rotten ratings on mq8 MM, have skin helper but only getting TMDB and IMDB ratings Sad

Can someone point me to the correct post or thread for this?

hmm...
try this instal Aeon MQ 8 Tajo skin and then go back to aeon MQ8 skin.
it's 100% works 

Gave that a go, but with no luck Sad I've even deleted Simplecache to force a refresh, still no Rotten or MetaC data?
(2019-12-04, 00:16)ctindell81 Wrote: Do I understand you correctly?

Correctly
(2019-12-04, 08:33)Buzniak Wrote:
(2019-12-03, 15:40)Buzniak Wrote: Sorry guys for this, but I'm not getting any meta or rotten ratings on mq8 MM, have skin helper but only getting TMDB and IMDB ratings Sad

hmm...
it's 100% works  

Gave that a go, but with no luck Sad I've even deleted Simplecache to force a refresh, still no Rotten or MetaC data? 
You must instal all addons in tajo skin and refresh a movies...
and then go back to MQ8 Multi-Mod
Sad 
(2019-12-04, 12:16)Meretory Wrote:
(2019-12-03, 20:00)Meretory Wrote: hmm...
it's 100% works  

You must instal all addons in tajo skin and refresh a movies...
and then go back to MQ8 Multi-Mod 
Don't work for me Sad Wich version use of Skin Helper Service? I use version 1.1.3 of KODI repository on WIN 10.

Thank you for your help

hmm...
it's 100% works             

Hello Buzniak,
there is a little bit more to do than installing a skin. The scores you want rely on the OMDb API and you need an apikey to retrieve the information. And the addon script.module.metadatautils that catches the data doesnt provide an apikey in the .kodi/addons/script.module.metadatautilslib/helpers/omdb.py and unfortuanaly there are more than one version of this addon and there is no way to set the apikey with the GUI.
If your familiar with python I can help you with the older version (I have not yet tested the new Version).
First of all you need an apikey. You can get a free apikey from http://www.omdbapi.com/apikey.aspx .
Then you have to edit .kodi/addons/script.module.metadatautilslib/helpers/omdb.py if if the class Omdb exactly looks like that:

python:

class Omdb(object):
    '''get metadata from omdb'''
    base_url = 'http://www.omdbapi.com/'

def __init__(self, simplecache=None):
        '''Initialize - optionaly provide simplecache object'''
        if not simplecache:
            from simplecache import SimpleCache
            self.cache = SimpleCache()
        else:
            self.cache = simplecache
if it looks different i.e. mentions apikey than dont edit. Than its the new Version I have not tested yet. So you have to wait.
If it looks like that than go to:
python:
def get_data(self, params):
        '''helper method to get data from omdb json API'''
        params["plot"] = "short"
        params["tomatoes"] = True
        params["r"] = "json"
        data = get_json(self.base_url, params)
        if data is None:
            self.base_url = 'http://svr2.omdbapi.com/'  # fallback to temporary omdb server
        return data
and add params["apikey"] = "yourapikey" so that it looks like that:
python:
        params["plot"] = "short"
        params["r"] = "json"
        params["apikey"] = "yourapikey"
        if data is None:
        return data
Delete simple cach restart Kodi and your done.
The new Version provides an apikey in get_data(self, params) but its a free apikey and 1000 free requests a day is not enough for all the users that use this addon. I think it is just as simple as changing the provided apikey with your own but I have not tested yet.
The downside of this solution is that you loose all your changes with every update of the addon.
NUC6CAYH 4 GB RAM  Intel® Celeron® CPU J3455 @ 1.50GHz Intel HD Graphics 500 Intel Corporation Device [8086:5a85] (rev 0b)
Kodi 19.3 on libreelec 10.0
Aeon MQ 8 multimod v19 for matrix, SuperFavourites, MovieQuiz, ExtendedInfoScript, CinemaVision,

hmm...
it's 100% works              

Hello Buzniak,
there is a little bit more to do than installing a skin. The scores you want rely on the OMDb API and you need an apikey to retrieve the information. And the addon script.module.metadatautils that catches the data doesnt provide an apikey in the .kodi/addons/script.module.metadatautils/lib/helpers/omdb.py and unfortuanaly there are more than one version of this addon and there is no way to set the apikey with the GUI.
If your familiar with python I can help you with the older version (I have not yet tested the new Version).
First of all you need an apikey. You can get a free apikey from http://www.omdbapi.com/apikey.aspx .
Then you have to edit .kodi/addons/script.module.metadatautilslib/helpers/omdb.py if if the class Omdb exactly looks like that:

python:

class Omdb(object):

if not simplecache:
        else:
            self.cache = simplecache
if it looks different i.e. mentions apikey than dont edit. Than its the new Version I have not tested yet. So you have to wait.
python:
        params["plot"] = "short"
        params["r"] = "json"
        if data is None:
        return data
python:
        params["plot"] = "short"
        params["r"] = "json"
        if data is None:
        return data
The new Version provides an apikey in get_data(self, params) but its a free apikey and 1000 free requests a day is not enough for all the users that use this addon. I think it is just as simple as changing the provided apikey with your own but I have not tested yet.
The downside of this solution is that you loose all your changes with every update of the addon.
NUC6CAYH 4 GB RAM  Intel® Celeron® CPU J3455 @ 1.50GHz Intel HD Graphics 500 Intel Corporation Device [8086:5a85] (rev 0b)
Aeon MQ 8 multimod v19 for matrix, SuperFavourites, MovieQuiz, ExtendedInfoScript, CinemaVision,
(2019-12-04, 13:52)slahrellek Wrote:
(2019-12-03, 20:00)Meretory Wrote: hmm...
it's 100% works              

Hello Buzniak,
there is a little bit more to do than installing a skin. The scores you want rely on the OMDb API and you need an apikey to retrieve the information. And the addon script.module.metadatautils that catches the data doesnt provide an apikey in the .kodi/addons/script.module.metadatautils/lib/helpers/omdb.py and unfortuanaly there are more than one version of this addon and there is no way to set the apikey with the GUI.

python:

class Omdb(object):

if not simplecache:
        else:
            self.cache = simplecache
python:
        params["plot"] = "short"
        params["r"] = "json"
        if data is None:
        return data
python:
        params["plot"] = "short"
        params["r"] = "json"
        if data is None:
        return data
Great info, but damn, looks like its the new version, so I'll leave it, but look forward to seeing a fix really soon Smile I'll keep an eye out, if you do work out a fix for the newer version can you please let me know Smile Thank you
@Buzniak 
I have my api keys in Artwork Beef.
@latts9923 . a question..
How do you compile your .xbt file (texture). I use xodi texture tool, but with this soft when folder to compile it´s larger than 100mb, the file texture.xbt has size "0"kb
(2019-12-04, 16:28)Buzniak Wrote:
(2019-12-04, 13:52)slahrellek Wrote:
(2019-12-04, 08:33)Buzniak Wrote: Gave that a go, but with no luck Sad I've even deleted Simplecache to force a refresh, still no Rotten or MetaC data?          

Hello Buzniak,

python:

class Omdb(object):

if not simplecache:
        else:
            self.cache = simplecache
python:
        params["plot"] = "short"
        params["r"] = "json"
        if data is None:
        return data
python:
        params["plot"] = "short"
        params["r"] = "json"
        if data is None:
        return data
Great info, but damn, looks like its the new version, so I'll leave it, but look forward to seeing a fix really soon Smile I'll keep an eye out, if you do work out a fix for the newer version can you please let me know Smile Thank you      

Hello Buzniak,
I did a quick test on a ah Huh testsystem.
First of all: you use universal scrapper and enabled all the scores you want. Yes of course.
Second: I did a test with scrapping 37 movies and i don't know how many requests to OMDb Api are needed per movie. If you have a free apikey with 1000 requests per day and you are trying to scrape 1000 movies or so you probably will be blocked.
Third: Be patient. The scores will appear verry quick but it can take some time until you can see the other informations that are provided just like awards, first premiered, dvd release, budget and revenue. Just click some movies have a cup of tea and come back later to see these informations.
Okay, to the code:
If your omdb.py starts with:
python:
class Omdb(object):
    api_key = None  # public var to be set by the calling addon

if not simplecache:
        else:
            self.cache = simplecache
        addon = xbmcaddon.Addon(id=ADDON_ID)
        api_key = addon.getSetting("omdbapi_apikey")
        if api_key:
            self.api_key = api_key
        del addon
Than change it to:
python:
class Omdb(object):
    api_key = None

if not simplecache:
        else:
            self.cache = simplecache
        #addon = xbmcaddon.Addon(id=ADDON_ID)
        api_key = "yourapikey"
        #api_key = addon.getSetting("omdbapi_apikey")
        if api_key:
            self.api_key = api_key
        #del addon
You can then comment out the import xbmcaddon at the beginning of the file because it is not needed anymore.
Verry simple but try on your own risk. It worked but i only observed and tested for an hour or so. And again: All changes will be lost with the next update of the addon.
(2019-12-04, 21:15)slahrellek Wrote:
(2019-12-04, 16:28)Buzniak Wrote:
(2019-12-04, 13:52)slahrellek Wrote: Hello Buzniak,

python:

class Omdb(object):

if not simplecache:
        else:
            self.cache = simplecache
python:
        params["plot"] = "short"
        params["r"] = "json"
        if data is None:
        return data
python:
        params["plot"] = "short"
        params["r"] = "json"
        if data is None:
        return data

Hello Buzniak,
I did a quick test on a ah Huh testsystem.
First of all: you use universal scrapper and enabled all the scores you want. Yes of course.
Second: I did a test with scrapping 37 movies and i don't know how many requests to OMDb Api are needed per movie. If you have a free apikey with 1000 requests per day and you are trying to scrape 1000 movies or so you probably will be blocked.
Third: Be patient. The scores will appear verry quick but it can take some time until you can see the other informations that are provided just like awards, first premiered, dvd release, budget and revenue. Just click some movies have a cup of tea and come back later to see these informations.
Okay, to the code:
If your omdb.py starts with:
python:
class Omdb(object):
    api_key = None  # public var to be set by the calling addon

if not simplecache:
        else:
            self.cache = simplecache
        addon = xbmcaddon.Addon(id=ADDON_ID)
        api_key = addon.getSetting("omdbapi_apikey")
        if api_key:
            self.api_key = api_key
        del addon
Than change it to:
python:
class Omdb(object):
    api_key = None

if not simplecache:
        else:
            self.cache = simplecache
        #addon = xbmcaddon.Addon(id=ADDON_ID)
        api_key = "yourapikey"
        #api_key = addon.getSetting("omdbapi_apikey")
        if api_key:
            self.api_key = api_key
        #del addon
You can then comment out the import xbmcaddon at the beginning of the file because it is not needed anymore.
Verry simple but try on your own risk. It worked but i only observed and tested for an hour or so. And again: All changes will be lost with the next update of the addon. 

Hmmm, this is so odd, this method got Metacritic rating working but not Rotten Tomato's what a head scratcher! In addition, now my plot and outline are in another language, but default and set language is English, but its coming up in GermanHuh
@ctindell81
@vansai
Ahh...OK. I'll take a look.

@defleppard
Are you using TextureTool 2.9.0?
@latts9923, have you seen the Fanart view from the AeonMQ8 Tajo skin? A real eyecatcher. It would be nice if the Tajo dev gave you permission to add it to your AeonMQ8 mod.

Fanart view starts at 5:45
https://youtu.be/w92aqwAivrw
Windows 11 Pro
Kodi 21 - Aeon MQ7/MQ9 Omega Mod
Kodi 20.5 - Aeon MQ9 Nexus Mod

Android - Beelink GT King
Kodi 21 - Aeon MQ7 Omega Mod
Kodi Maven Fork 21 - Aeon MQ7 Omega Mod

CoreELEC - Beelink GT King
Kodi 21 - Aeon MQ7 Omega Mod

(2019-12-05, 14:16)latts9923 Wrote: @defleppard
Are you using TextureTool 2.9.0?