• 55(current)
Mod Aeon MQ 9 Mod for Kodi 21 (Omega)
@Mozy

Short answer is yes.

Explanation:
If 4K, Web, DVD, for example, are in the file name or anywhere in  the path name it will display the associated flag and DVD case. This can be handy if you have a folder containing a curtain media type/source exclusively. Then you can have the source in the file path thus offering a 'batch' labelling option rather than having to rename a ton of files, particularly useful with large libraries. For example, I have a folder named 'Music TV Series .web' which contains only my internet based music themed series. On the other hand you must not include media type/sources in the file paths if you don't want an automatic or default flag and case.
"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." - Hunter S. Thompson
Using: Windows 10 Pro | Kodi 21.1 Aeon MQ7 Multi-Mod 1.0.6| Kodi 21.1  + Aeon MQ9 Multi-Mod 1.3.0
Copy that, thank you.  I went into the DB and changed my smb path to use my IP instead. Looks like everything is working proper now.

One other question, is it possible to have Media Flags for Dolby Vision and Atmos added to this skin? I know Aeon Tajo has the DoVi flag, and I would really like it on this skin also.
  • Fresh install of Kodi.
  • Set Addon updates to include third party repositories
  • Installed repository from .zip (first post)
  • Installed Aeon MQ 9 Mod from repository
  • See this forever:
(2024-07-26, 03:07)Mozy Wrote: One other question, is it possible to have Media Flags for Dolby Vision and Atmos added to this skin? I know Aeon Tajo has the DoVi flag, and I would really like it on this skin also.
@Mozy
I think that could be done, ask @latts9923 

@Litcube
That is a very well known bug that is present in all variations of the MQ9 skin. It's well documented in all the MQ9 threads.
"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." - Hunter S. Thompson
Using: Windows 10 Pro | Kodi 21.1 Aeon MQ7 Multi-Mod 1.0.6| Kodi 21.1  + Aeon MQ9 Multi-Mod 1.3.0
Hi Community, as always thanks so much for all your hard work in making this possible. I absolutely love the skin, nothing comes close!

I searched to death an issue I'm having but sadly no joy so here I am.

I use jellyfin for Kodi addon for my library, I have scanned my libraries into Kodi without issues and everything works ok. My issue is when I reboot Kodi and log into my libraries for the 1st time, the system freezes for almost 2mins and then opens the library. After which I can go in and out of libraries without issues, meaning it's only the initial opening of the library is the issue. Movies & Tv shows are linked in that respect meaning if I open either library for the 1st time the other will open without freezing, Music library is seperate and would cause another freeze. So videos and music are not linked in that respect.

My reason for posting the issue here on this forum is because I do not have any issues like this when using kodi's default skin or any provided within kodi's official repo.

Has anyone here any experience with jellyfin for Kodi on the skin or any ideas what might be causing the issue.
Do you have alot of view types on ?? If so that will bog you down a good bit. Just select the ones you use .. if i have all of mine on ive got a good 30 to 40 seconds before movies appear and only on the first open
I had some sort of addon corruption which caused me to do a restore of my KODI setup. All went well, I thought, until I discovered for instance that, if I play music now there are no player controls at the bottom of the screen, play, pause, stop, etc. Am I missing something in the setup of the MOD or does anyone have a repair they would suggest?
(2024-07-31, 03:57)martinsvision Wrote: Do you have alot of view types on ?? If so that will bog you down a good bit. Just select the ones you use .. if i have all of mine on ive got a good 30 to 40 seconds before movies appear and only on the first open
Ahh brilliant that sounds very plausible, can I ask how do you disable the unused views types?

Edit: sorry don't worry about it, I found the menu, totally forgot that menu existed. Thanks so much for the advice, really appreciated.
(2024-07-31, 08:25)wacko37 Wrote: Ahh brilliant that sounds very plausible, can I ask how do you disable the unused views types?
so how do you disable the unused views types ?
It can depend on what view type your currently useing example Right List View you push left to bring up the options menu Then push up to bring up the list selection menu then push up again and there is the menu to deselect menus you are not using. Other View types you may have to push a different direction on your remote to bring up the options menu depending on what direction your movie selection list is facing.

@melons2
Are you still having trouble with your player controls?

@martinsvision
Those screenshots look like they are from the MQ 8 skin.

@dannyau
@martinsvision
For MQ 9, you have the option to display either the default views list or a custom views list. There are two new buttons in the Top Menu under the selected view named "DEFAULT VIEWS LIST" and "CUSTOM VIEWS LIST". The default views are displayed by default. There is also a new file named Includes_views.xml.custom that you will need to customize to display only the views you'd like to see. View Type-02 is commented out in this file as an example. The file can be updated while Kodi is running. After making changes, you can switch to the default views list and back to the custom list to see the updated views list.
@latts9923 Sorry your right i have 3 different kodi setups running on 8 and 9. I forgot which one i was on
Thanks martinsvision and latts9923 - I couldn't see the deactivate views it drove me mad Cool
I decided to start from scratch and install again MQ9 mod-bad decision , the dreaded endless loop bug , cant install on coreelec.
latts-is there any chance you can look closer at fixing this loop bug ?3 of my friends also cant install it at all.
I managed to install the mod on Win11 and copy the files to coreelec but now its unclear how to use Includes_views.xml.custom - how do I enable right list view only?
Thanks
I apologise to all if I caused part of that confusion/frustration with my last comment. I'm currently offshore for work and have not yet tested, but I searched online for that menu and remember it from MQ8.

I'm very keen to see you successfully implement this @dannyau

How to implement this has been clearly explained by latts9923 in his last comment. Did you toggle between default and custom after editing your Includes_views.xml.custom file.

I just wish I was at home to test myself and help you out.
(2024-07-31, 06:54)melons2 Wrote: I had some sort of addon corruption which caused me to do a restore of my KODI setup. All went well, I thought, until I discovered for instance that, if I play music now there are no player controls at the bottom of the screen, play, pause, stop, etc. Am I missing something in the setup of the MOD or does anyone have a repair they would suggest?
@melons2. I think you got outdated "DialogSeekBar.xml" file. Look back to my post #391. This might be the issue.
@latts9923 Just looking back on this issue I noticed that you have several versions of this file "DialogSeekBar.xml" in "xml" directory. Huh

Update:
@melons2 You should try pressing "right arrow/forward" key on the remote while playing the song. I tried that using Nvidia Shiels Pro remote as well as Rii mini keyboard and it worked .
Linux Mint 22 "Wilma", Cinnamon DE
NVIDIA Shield Pro, OMV NAS,  Fractal Design Define R5 Case
Kodi "Omega", FreeBSD "pfSense Plus" Firewall/Router
  • 55(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aeon MQ 9 Mod for Kodi 21 (Omega)0