• 32(current)
v17 Horizon - Krypton
Another non-skin question - if one starts a movie from the detail/info screen, is there any way to return to this screen when the movie is stopped? Instead of punting the user back to the list view. Based on what you had to do to get the trailer to work this way, I am guessing there is not a practical way to do this and still maintain full osd controls?
Jurialmunkey:

Blur effect I believe is based on fanart, for all black and white movies it shows the same blur. I tried playing around with colorbox to have it based on poster, which is more colorful, but with no success.

I think I read somewhere that your initial plan was blur based on poster, but could be wrong.
(2017-08-05, 19:15)colbert Wrote: Can you add a Landscape List 2 with the art on the right, text on the left?
Rather than add another view, I've added a toggle to the side-blade to switch the artwork/info sides for landscape list.

(2017-08-05, 21:10)foghat Wrote: Another non-skin question - if one starts a movie from the detail/info screen, is there any way to return to this screen when the movie is stopped? Instead of punting the user back to the list view. Based on what you had to do to get the trailer to work this way, I am guessing there is not a practical way to do this and still maintain full osd controls?
Not that I'm aware of (except for the method I used for the trailer, which I doubt anyone wants for the actual movie). I'm pretty sure it is because the video info screen is a dialog rather than a window so it sits on top of the video library or home window. When you play the movie all the dialogs are closed because they are connected to the particular window that was previously open. Some dialogs are modal dialogs and that's why they stay open across windows (e.g. volume bar, notifications) -- but they are annoying because you can't talk between the modal dialog and the window (e.g. get info from one or the other). Also, all dialogs will always have a z-order that is higher than window, so if they remained open they would be on top of the fullscreen video.

I can't think of any way where it would really be possible at the skin level that wasn't incredibly hacky. It would have to be done in kodi core, and that would mean finding a dev who is interested in adding it as a feature.

(2017-08-06, 02:57)Edworld Wrote: Jurialmunkey:

Blur effect I believe is based on fanart, for all black and white movies it shows the same blur. I tried playing around with colorbox to have it based on poster, which is more colorful, but with no success.

I think I read somewhere that your initial plan was blur based on poster, but could be wrong.

Yeah it is based on fanart.

It is easy to change.

In Includes_Global.xml look for the multiimage with id="7975" and change the variable in it to point to $VAR[Image_Poster]
The FIVE daemon in colorbox pulls the image from that control and uses it for blur.

There is also a SEVEN daemon that just does colour matching on control 7977 -- which you can see I've commented out in Includes_Global next to the 7975 one because I was trying something previously with colour matching highlight colours, but I found that a lot of posters didn't have enough saturation/vibrancy to be used as the highlight (you also have to uncomment the line in Startup.xml for the SEVEN daemon).
Arctic Fuse - Alpha now available. Support me on Ko-fi.
(2017-08-06, 04:24)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2017-08-05, 21:10)foghat Wrote: Another non-skin question - if one starts a movie from the detail/info screen, is there any way to return to this screen when the movie is stopped? Instead of punting the user back to the list view. Based on what you had to do to get the trailer to work this way, I am guessing there is not a practical way to do this and still maintain full osd controls?
Not that I'm aware of (except for the method I used for the trailer, which I doubt anyone wants for the actual movie). I'm pretty sure it is because the video info screen is a dialog rather than a window so it sits on top of the video library or home window. When you play the movie all the dialogs are closed because they are connected to the particular window that was previously open. Some dialogs are modal dialogs and that's why they stay open across windows (e.g. volume bar, notifications) -- but they are annoying because you can't talk between the modal dialog and the window (e.g. get info from one or the other). Also, all dialogs will always have a z-order that is higher than window, so if they remained open they would be on top of the fullscreen video.

I can't think of any way where it would really be possible at the skin level that wasn't incredibly hacky. It would have to be done in kodi core, and that would mean finding a dev who is interested in adding it as a feature.

Ya. I figured it was a core kodi thing and the change would need to be made there. Maybe I'll pose the suggestion elsewhere.

I do have one more for you though....

Do you think you could add an option to show the osd controls (across the top) when you pause the move movie - vs. having to hit info. It would greatly increase the WAF.

Thx.
@foghat - I'm not sure if showing the osd controls automatically when paused is a possibility at the skin level. I can't think of anyway to do it. Do you know of any skins with this as an option? I think it is another thing that would need to be done at core level.
(2017-08-06, 05:38)jurialmunkey Wrote: @foghat - I'm not sure if showing the osd controls automatically when paused is a possibility at the skin level. I can't think of anyway to do it. Do you know of any skins with this as an option? I think it is another thing that would need to be done at core level.
I think in Marcelveldt's Titan skin, there is this option, you can also choose how long (in seconds) it should be shown until it disappears automatically.
(2017-08-06, 06:37)Hinkel Wrote:
(2017-08-06, 05:38)jurialmunkey Wrote: @foghat - I'm not sure if showing the osd controls automatically when paused is a possibility at the skin level. I can't think of anyway to do it. Do you know of any skins with this as an option? I think it is another thing that would need to be done at core level.
I think in Marcelveldt's Titan skin, there is this option, you can also choose how long (in seconds) it should be shown until it disappears automatically.

What option is it? All I can see is options to auto show info/seekbar when paused, which we can already do in Horizon. I also see the option to auto display information when first starting the video, but that's not the same as showing the pause/play/RW/FF etc controls when paused.
(2017-08-06, 07:30)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2017-08-06, 06:37)Hinkel Wrote:

What option is it? All I can see is options to auto show info/seekbar when paused, which we can already do in Horizon. I also see the option to auto display information when first starting the video, but that's not the same as showing the pause/play/RW/FF etc controls when paused.

You're right. It's not exactly the same thing. I was wrong, sorry I should have checked before.
Hi jurialmonkey,

thank you so much for another great skin. Can't believe how talented you are.

One question/request:
Would you consider to integrate hubs ?
I loved that feature in eminence...

Cheers

Hmmm. I guess there isn't one. I have been using the Plex for Kodi add-on up until a couple of weeks ago. Pausing in the add-on brings up the play/pause/player controls.

Wouldn't be a huge deal except my remote (Simple Control for iOS) is behaving weird. The menu button works fine if I am viewing the list of movies - i.e. it opens the context menu to play/mark/watched/information/etc. But when a movie is paused, it does not bring up the player controls, it doesn't do anything.

No idea what could be going on there. Do you by any chance know if more than one command will open the context menu? I am wondering if maybe I am using a command that works for the context menu, but not the player controls? Will have to look into that more, I guess.

Edit: Figured it out. I needed to use the OSD command to show the player control. I thought the one command (menu) would work for both, because the X button on my Shield controller brings up the context menu when viewing an item and also the player controls when a movie is paused.
(2017-08-05, 05:55)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2017-08-05, 05:42)Edworld Wrote: Why is the fanart different once you go to the side blade?

Probably differences between the variable I use for fanart in landscape views versus the one I use for the background (I accidentally used the landscape variable). Try with the latest, it should be fixed now.
Also added to extendedinfo.

Ummm. Did you maybe bugger something up with this change (or a subsequent change)? Media Info view is not displaying the proper image now. The art that shows in this view now seems to be some cropped version of the poster/cover vs. the landscape art. And now when you are in the movie details and cursor left to see the fanart, only blackness displays.

I am using whatever version would have been in github as of 15 minutes ago.
(2017-08-06, 04:24)jurialmunkey Wrote: I found that a lot of posters didn't have enough saturation/vibrancy to be used as the highlight (you also have to uncomment the line in Startup.xml for the SEVEN daemon).
There's LUMAImageColorSEVEN and BWImageColorSEVEN, but using conditions like "Integer.IsGreater(Window(home).Property(LUMAImageColorSEVEN),220)" doesn't work as I'd like for this (all over the place). There might be some tweaking potential here. I was trying to do a conditional fallbacks using this.
@jurialmunkey

Could u add logo as fallback for missing clearart when pause or info while playing....

Clearart is mostly only present for movies....

Thx in advcance! Wink
(2017-08-06, 12:52)sttephan Wrote: Hi jurialmonkey,

thank you so much for another great skin. Can't believe how talented you are.

One question/request:
Would you consider to integrate hubs ?
I loved that feature in eminence...

Cheers
Thanks. Glad you like it Smile

I have thought about hubs, but I haven't come up with a design yet that fits well with the skin. Also, with the categories widget and ability to have multiple widgets per menu item, I don't find hubs as useful in this skin - the whole idea is that the home screen is the hub itself.

(2017-08-06, 16:56)foghat Wrote: Ummm. Did you maybe bugger something up with this change (or a subsequent change)? Media Info view is not displaying the proper image now. The art that shows in this view now seems to be some cropped version of the poster/cover vs. the landscape art. And now when you are in the movie details and cursor left to see the fanart, only blackness displays.

Working fine for me. Have no idea why that would be happening.

(2017-08-06, 20:14)realjohngalt Wrote:
(2017-08-06, 04:24)jurialmunkey Wrote: I found that a lot of posters didn't have enough saturation/vibrancy to be used as the highlight (you also have to uncomment the line in Startup.xml for the SEVEN daemon).
There's LUMAImageColorSEVEN and BWImageColorSEVEN, but using conditions like "Integer.IsGreater(Window(home).Property(LUMAImageColorSEVEN),220)" doesn't work as I'd like for this (all over the place). There might be some tweaking potential here. I was trying to do a conditional fallbacks using this.
Yeah it sort of needs a HUEImageColorSEVEN property or something like that, then could use the hue to match with a predefined palette of colours.

(2017-08-06, 22:17)b0mb Wrote: @jurialmunkey

Could u add logo as fallback for missing clearart when pause or info while playing....

Clearart is mostly only present for movies....

Thx in advcance! Wink
Done Smile
(2017-08-06, 22:58)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2017-08-06, 16:56)foghat Wrote: Ummm. Did you maybe bugger something up with this change (or a subsequent change)? Media Info view is not displaying the proper image now. The art that shows in this view now seems to be some cropped version of the poster/cover vs. the landscape art. And now when you are in the movie details and cursor left to see the fanart, only blackness displays.

Working fine for me. Have no idea why that would be happening.

Reboot of kodi fixed it.
  • 32(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Horizon - Krypton13