• 18(current)
Mod Aeon MQ 8 Multi-Mod
Hi @latts9923 
I have currently installed this mod  and I have the following problems:
- the top 250 image is displayed colored even if I have choosen for all media info the default white color
- if a modify the watched flag style it is not modified in the widget view accordingly (it remains always the same)
- if I select Audio and subtitle flag as Text in top menu, no info is displayed in movie's dialog info view ("basic info"), it works if I select Audio and subtitle flag as Logo
- Logo as Title (on top if available) and Show original title in top menu are joined. I can't select one of them separately 
- in the media bar I have always "..." in the 3rd, 5th and 6th field. Which info do I need to fill that fields too? I hope not to have to rename all my movie library Sad

Thanks and good night Wink
(2019-06-12, 18:19)Amjak Wrote:
(2019-06-12, 14:05)E net Wrote:
(2019-06-02, 22:31)Amjak Wrote: Menue bars, characterart in right list view and the themes are working for me on my shield tv

Great work again 
Thx latts

Any help on how to get character art working? 

In the movie folder you have to create the folder "characterart" and put a picture from that thread in it Click here or from that website kyradb.com 
Wow that easy. Thanks Smile
(2019-06-02, 22:31)Amjak Wrote: Menue bars, characterart in right list view and the themes are working for me on my shield tv

Great work again 
Thx latts

In the movie folder you have to create the folder "characterart" and put a picture from that thread in it Click here or from that website kyradb.com 
I saw your post and have a question:
Is there an app or dos (can you believe I said dos) command to batch create "characterart"  folders in all of my Movie folders?
One at a time is too much.

Thank you

Great work again 
Thx latts

Am I right in assuming that this doesn't work for movie sets? I have tried various ways and none of them work.
(2019-06-13, 03:53)melons2 Wrote:
(2019-06-12, 14:05)E net Wrote: Any help on how to get character art working? 

Is there an app or dos (can you believe I said dos) command to batch create "characterart"  folders in all of my Movie folders?

Thank you   
@melons2 
Vovsoft app will do that... Its the way I added characterart folder to 1000 movie folders across 2 different drives. you dont need to buy it and it works flawlessly
(2019-06-13, 05:07)E net Wrote:
(2019-06-12, 14:05)E net Wrote: Any help on how to get character art working? 

Am I right in assuming that this doesn't work for movie sets? I have tried various ways and none of them work. 
I don't know how or if that work's for movie sets sorry
(2019-06-13, 07:05)SteveSmith Wrote:
(2019-06-13, 03:53)melons2 Wrote:
(2019-06-12, 18:19)Amjak Wrote: In the movie folder you have to create the folder "characterart" and put a picture from that thread in it Click here or from that website kyradb.com

Thank you    
@melons2 
Vovsoft app will do that... Its the way I added characterart folder to 1000 movie folders across 2 different drives. you dont need to buy it and it works flawlessly 
Or use Artwork Beef and then export your Library to Separate Files this copy's all the files locally to your Collection.
I have been trying Desperately to edit the Pause screen in MQ8 but for some reason what ever changes I make to the DialogFullScreenInfo.xml nothing changes you seem to
Grasp the ins and outs of this skin.. Its been awhile for me. Could you please advise why its not working has the XML layout changed so much that I don't have a clue what
I am doing anymore.
Your mods look great but as always every time there's an update you have to do it all again :-( that's one of the reasons I stopped playing with Skins any pointers would be
great. I am trying to get back to the Netflix Type Pause with just the Logo and a short Description.
@latts9923 

#1 Additional themes (Additional_Aeon_MQ_Themes.zip files)
Additional_Aeon_MQ_Themes -> resource.images.skinthemes.aeonmq -> resources -> purple -> sinter.jpg ......rename to "winter.jpg"

Thank You.
@Ram2000
Look at the file DialogSeekBar.xml for the pause settings.

@890329
Good catch...thanks! I'll update the zip file.

@Tarek89
I'll try to add that option at some point.
(2019-06-12, 11:16)E net Wrote:
(2019-06-12, 08:44)allpro Wrote:
(2019-06-11, 20:16)E net Wrote: Animated PNG posters were working up until about 3 weeks ago. Animated GIFs do work but you need to add
<videoextensions>
        <add>.gif</add>
    </videoextensions>

to advancedsettings.xml (or create that file) under Userdata to enable GIFs. But the problem with this is that it only works with files GIFs that are stored locally. This means that you have to manually add animated gifs to each movie. When animated PNG posters were working, they also worked from my NAS. Apparently there is a workaround for this requires making changes to the Kodi database and I'm not sure exactly what file we are talking about.   

but from what we read, it is not a problem of kodi, but of the skin? this is true?   
I think it's the skin since the setup files need to be updated to enable animated posters.
If someone could tell me where the central Kodi DB is then I have a workaround which I recently found that was written by someone a couple of years ago. 

if you want to share, I'm also looking for this fault. thank you
(2019-06-14, 11:37)allpro Wrote:
(2019-06-12, 11:16)E net Wrote:
(2019-06-12, 08:44)allpro Wrote: but from what we read, it is not a problem of kodi, but of the skin? this is true?   
I think it's the skin since the setup files need to be updated to enable animated posters.
If someone could tell me where the central Kodi DB is then I have a workaround which I recently found that was written by someone a couple of years ago.  

if you want to share, I'm also looking for this fault. thank you 

Something "seems" to have changed with this skin in the last few weeks. Animated PNG posters used to work and now they don't. So now I use animated GIFs instead and use the "select animated art" menu option. You can add them from "choose artwork" and even assign them to posters rather than animated posters, but this doesn't populate the user data area so anytime you make a change they get lost.
@E net
I don't think I've ever seen an animated png poster. Can you make one available that I can test with?
(2019-06-15, 00:13)latts9923 Wrote: @E net
I don't think I've ever seen an animated png poster. Can you make one available that I can test with?

Hi. I've got a folders full of them. They were the default animated posters that were downloaded automatically. How do I make one available for you to try?
I only way I have had any success with animated pngs [ (.apngs)< that's the extension they Need to have!]
is to manually go into the .xml where you want the artwork to display and change the texture background="true" to "false"
or "". and you Must do that everywhere you want the image to display.

Also all the .apngs need to be stored locally.
I have a thread <in Meta-Data provider and Artwork Packs >for tvshow logo .apngs.

....Plus the same restrictions as animated .gifs apply (12-15 frames depending on dimensions and file size)
  • 18(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aeon MQ 8 Multi-Mod10