• 34(current)
Mod Aeon MQ 8 Multi-Mod
Hi,

Congrats to the developers who did a nice work to make mq8 more usefull like before i must say i like seeing the mods that i had in mq7
The thing for me that's not working is the animated posters you can see the animated posters works in widgets and in the wall but not in shelf or other views that i had.
You can add them manualy it's working but then afther a while it's disappearing.
It would be nice to have this back and hoping someone can that a look at it or is interested like me
(2019-10-10, 10:32)Genuine3000 Wrote: Hi,

Congrats to the developers who did a nice work to make mq8 more usefull like before i must say i like seeing the mods that i had in mq7
The thing for me that's not working is the animated posters you can see the animated posters works in widgets and in the wall but not in shelf or other views that i had.
You can add them manualy it's working but then afther a while it's disappearing.
It would be nice to have this back and hoping someone can that a look at it or is interested like me
We've already had these discussions. I've even opened the Kodi database and manually fixed them only for them to revert the next time you do a any kind of database cleanup or update.
@tryfos79
I think I have a fix for the missing actor thumbs when using a Video Add-on. It will be part of the next update.
(2019-10-11, 23:05)latts9923 Wrote: @tryfos79
I think I have a fix for the missing actor thumbs when using a Video Add-on. It will be part of the next update.

Great, thanx @latts9923 ! One has to use the Skin Helper as fallback, when there are no scraped thumbs, but I don't know how to write the code Smile
I've managed to do this though with ratings when using an add-on (there are also no fallback settings for most ratings in the code of the dialogvideoinfo and almost all ratings with addons were empty in the videoinfo of the movie-except IMDB). Now all ratings supported by the skin helper also work for my movies in addons. I also changed the metacritic rating to the correct 10, 20 etc. instead of 1.0, 2.0, aligned the metacritic box etc. If you wish to send you my DialogVideoInfo file, please tell me.

Just another thing, which I've mentioned before. There is no radio button for dialogue topart for series. This results in no art at all being shown in upper left corner for series DialogVideoInfo (both season and episodes). Also no title at all is shown at the same place. Thanx again!
Hi!
This is how my wallview looks in Aeon MQ7

And in MQ8

How to get similar (cases) look to MQ8 as in MQ7.

Thank you.
(2019-10-10, 18:57)E net Wrote:
(2019-10-10, 10:32)Genuine3000 Wrote: Hi,

We've already had these discussions. I've even opened the Kodi database and manually fixed them only for them to revert the next time you do a any kind of database cleanup or update.  

This is good information. Been looking for days for info regarding animated posters not working in MQ 8. Finally updated Kodi to Leia, and from MQ 7 to 8 (on Nvidia Shield). Anyone know what the issue is, or if someone has a fix?

Definitely miss the animations (may go back to 7 in the meantime lol).

Thanks
(2019-10-17, 05:01)First_Degree Wrote: Been looking for days for info regarding animated posters not working in MQ 8

Maybe this... https://kodi.wiki/view/Artwork_types#Animated_Artwork
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2019-10-20, 20:37)Genuine3000 Wrote:
(2019-10-17, 05:10)Karellen Wrote:
(2019-10-17, 05:01)First_Degree Wrote: Been looking for days for info regarding animated posters not working in MQ 8

To give you a more clearly answer this is not what the question was all about "giving us info" or not 
The problem is it was working in mq7 for several years and not in mq8 they just stop working
(2019-10-17, 05:10)Karellen Wrote:

None of that helps. They simply don't work reliably in MQ8. Even if you manually install them they eventually disappear. I've spent hours, days and weeks trying setting them only for them to revert back to static artwork after a short time. The only way I've found to keep them is to manually set them up then take a copy of the database so that when they revert I can copy the database back again. I'm fed up of doing that now so I just don't bother with animated art any more when using this skin. Maybe the  Artwork Beef update will finally solve this issue as it is now linked with Kyradb.

*edit*
Artwork Beef downloads the Artwork but the Artwork itself doesn't animate. The problem is the skin.
UPDATE #7

ImageAdditions
  • I added a new button to the top menu that allows you to display either actress art or characterart for the Right List view. The setting in the Top Menu is labeled "EXTRA ART" and has three settings...ACTRESS, CHARACTERART and OFF. Thanks to all who requested this!
  • I added a new button to the top menu that allows you to change between text or logo for the top title. The setting in the top menu is labeled "SHOW TITLE ON TOP AS:". This restores the original functionality to the button "SHOW ORIGINAL TITLE". Thanks to Jumpy73 for letting me know about the original title button!
  • I added styles 4, 5, 6, 7 & 3D to the music visualization. Style 4 is similar to style 3 with a few modifications.
  • I made a few changes to style 3 of the music viz screen. Thanks to jasn for providing the changes!

ImageBug fixes
  • I fixed a missing label named "PUT PROGRESS INFORMATION IN VIEW" in Skin Settings > General Settings. Thanks to Jumpy73 for reporting the bug!
  • I fixed a few missing parentheses that were reported by the Kodi log.
  • I fixed a problem where an overlay image for the Total Art view was being displayed for all views. Thanks to MB1968 for reporting the bug!
  • I fixed a problem where the colored mp3 music codec was not being displayed in music viz. There is a new image for the resource.images.audiocodec.color Add-on.

ImageMaintenance
  • I did some house cleaning to some of the files.
  • I included some of the folders in media to the Textures.xbt file. This update contains all the contents of the media folder, so make sure your media folder matches so that you have all the images required for the Multi-Mod.

Downloads
10-21-19 update
Colored audiocodec update
(2019-10-22, 02:40)latts9923 Wrote: UPDATE #7ImageAdditions
  • I added a new button to the top menu that allows you to display either actress art or characterart for the Right List view. The setting in the Top Menu is labeled "EXTRA ART" and has three settings...ACTRESS, CHARACTERART and OFF. Thanks to all who requested this!
  • I added a new button to the top menu that allows you to change between text or logo for the top title. The setting in the top menu is labeled "SHOW TITLE ON TOP AS:". This restores the original functionality to the button "SHOW ORIGINAL TITLE". Thanks to Jumpy73 for letting me know about the original title button!
  • I added styles 4, 5, 6, 7 & 3D to the music visualization. Style 4 is similar to style 3 with a few modifications.
  • I made a few changes to style 3 of the music viz screen. Thanks to jasn for providing the changes!
ImageBug fixes
  • I fixed a missing label named "PUT PROGRESS INFORMATION IN VIEW" in Skin Settings > General Settings. Thanks to Jumpy73 for reporting the bug!
  • I fixed a few missing parentheses that were reported by the Kodi log.
  • I fixed a problem where an overlay image for the Total Art view was being displayed for all views. Thanks to MB1968 for reporting the bug!
  • I fixed a problem where the colored mp3 music codec was not being displayed in music viz. There is a new image for the resource.images.audiocodec.color Add-on.
ImageMaintenance
  • I did some house cleaning to some of the files.
  • I included some of the folders in media to the Textures.xbt file. This update contains all the contents of the media folder, so make sure your media folder matches so that you have all the images required for the Multi-Mod.
Downloads10-21-19 updateColored audiocodec update 
Bless you @latts9923 . Thanks a lot. 
I temporarily reverted back to MQ 7 Leia mod patiently waiting for your update to MQ 8 especially to the music section.
Life is short, I don't have time for squabbles. Lets be friends, lets enjoy Kodi :)
@latts9923 

It appears that the "Menu bar not stretching across the home screen" is back.
Which leaves things like, Movies count, hanging off the end of the menu bar.
OR
Have I done something wrong?

Thank you for the hard work on these updates!!

The O Man
@latts9923

@ Thank you for your work and effort.

How can I let this show with your new update?

Unfortunately, I can not get it displayed
hi latss, to work, this need original skin and update 7?
@TimeZone
You're welcome!

@melons2
Hmm...I've tested the menu bars with Windows and Android, but I don't see any problems. Which menu bar is causing the problem?

@latioboy
You're welcome! To display the top art, you need to select "SHOW TITLE ON TOP AS:" from the Top Menu and choose either TEXT or LOGO. If you select LOGO, you then need to select "FULLSCREEN TOP ART" and choose which type of art is displayed.

@defleppard
Correct...the Multi-Mod updates are cumulative.
  • 34(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aeon MQ 8 Multi-Mod10