• 61(current)
Mod Aeon MQ 8 Multi-Mod
(2020-03-24, 15:24)latts9923 Wrote: @Bruce_Banner
I sent you a PM.

You got mail.
@jasn Just a quick follow-up to close out the issue I was having with artist images not scrolling. I spent some time yesterday experimenting and looking thru the logs. The root cause was a permission issue. All my local music is  stored on a Synology NAS. Even when I listen to streaming music using the Pandoki add-on I was still pointing AS to the Music folder on my Synology NAS to store artist images. Apparently somewhere along the way the permission to write to that folder stopped working. As soon as I pointed AS to a folder that has basically "public" permission access everything worked fine. I'm using it like that for now until I can figure out how to fix the permission issue for the Music folder.

Thanks again for looking at it for me!
Thanks for the update @wags1 .  I too store my music and local artwork on a Synology NAS.  I will look at my AS config and hopefully not change anything! Smile
@jasn I did get the permission issue sorted. Apparently it was a change that Synology made awhile back that I never noticed. If you want the folder you are using for AS to work correctly you need to go into Synology DSM, Control Panel, Shared Folder, highlight the folder, click on Actions and make sure the folder has been converted to Windows ACL (if it has already been converted, in Actions "Convert to Windows ACL" will be grayed out). Once converted you may also need to make changes to permissions. Of course if you are not having issues with permissions with AS you don't have to muck with any of it.

Thanks again for testing it on your end. Had you not told me that you weren't having the same issues I would have never dug into it.
Anyone else getting an Embuary Helper error?  Tried removing and reinstall...no help.
I have not seen any errors but did notice that it updated to 1.4.5 today.
Is this mod Linux version compatible, or only works on Windows? I have Kodi installed in one of the UNIX flavors. I have AEON MQ 8 installed there and it works fine.. just wondering if this will work there?
(2020-03-30, 10:07)MANswers Wrote: Is this mod Linux version compatible, or only works on Windows? I have Kodi installed in one of the UNIX flavors. I have AEON MQ 8 installed there and it works fine.. just wondering if this will work there?
If AEON MQ 8 is running smoothly on these setups, the Multi-Mod will sure work too. The difference is, the Multi-Mod will need just a little bit of more processing power than the original MQ if you turn on all the bells and whistles (animated posters etc.) and that should not be a problem unless your UNIX setup is so under-powered that even playing a high resolution video is a problem.
Life is short, I don't have time for squabbles. Lets be friends, lets enjoy Kodi :)
In the settings for music Layout 7 their are several switches for discart. At the top their is “HIDE DISCART” which works as you would expect. Farther down their are 3 other DISC ART switches, only one of which can be set. If the “HIDE DISCART” switch near the top is enabled the 3 switches farther down don’t do anything, which is expected. If the “HIDE DISCART” switch is disabled and “DISC ART - OFF” is enabled whether disc art is available or not you just get a spinning grey disc. If “DISC ART - ALWAYS VISIBLE” is enabled then you get either actual disc art if it exists or a spinning grey disc if it does not. And if “DISC ART - IF AVAILABLE” is enabled you also get either actual disc art if it exists or a spinning grey disc if it does not. Seems the logic isn’t working correctly for these three switches or am I missing how they should work? I would think that if “DISC ART - OFF” is enabled then I should not see anything (not a grey spinning disc or disc art - basically the same as enabling the “HIDE DISCART” switch). And if the third switch, “ DISC ART - IF AVAILABLE” is enabled then I should see disc art if it exists and nothing ( no spinning grey disc) if no disc art exists.
@wags1
The spinning grey disc is set in the "DISC" settings under "SKIN SETTINGS". I changed style 7 to only display this disc if the button “DISC ART - ALWAYS VISIBLE” is set and the discart is missing. I will scrub the other styles and make the same change. I will also remove the "HIDE DISCART" button from the viz settings. It does the same thing as "DISC ART - OFF". Thanks for reporting this!
@latts9923 Thank you very much for this! Just to complete the thought on the 3 switches in question. Does this mean that now if the third switch, “DISC ART - IF AVAILABLE” is enabled then I would see disc art if it exists and nothing ( no spinning disc at all) if no disc art exists? That's really the behavior I was after in Layout 7.

Here are the three switches and how I think they should work - 

“DISC ART - OFF” - When enabled, no disc is displayed no matter what.
“DISC ART - ALWAYS VISIBLE” - When enabled, discart is displayed if available and a blank disc (of type/color as set in "DISC" settings under "SKIN SETTINGS") is displayed if discart is missing.
“DISC ART - IF AVAILABLE” - When enabled, discart is displayed if it exists and nothing (no spinning disc at all) if no disc art exists.
Hello, I have downloaded this mod, and have copied/overwritten all the files to my original Aeon MQ 8 skin folder, but still the mod does not seem to show up/work. Is there a dependency that I need to first install in order to make your mod work? What am i doing wrong?
@wags1
That is exactly how the three settings will work. You also have a "LOGO IN CD" option for styles 4-6 that will display a blank CD-R with the artist and album name "written" on it if the discart is missing.

@MANswers
There are no extra dependencies required for the Multi-Mod to work. All you have to do is copy the files provided in the Multi-Mod into each corresponding sub-folder of skin.aeonmq8.
(2020-03-31, 19:37)latts9923 Wrote: @wags1
That is exactly how the three settings will work. You also have a "LOGO IN CD" option for styles 4-6 that will display a blank CD-R with the artist and album name "written" on it if the discart is missing.

@MANswers
There are no extra dependencies required for the Multi-Mod to work. All you have to do is copy the files provided in the Multi-Mod into each corresponding sub-folder of skin.aeonmq8.
Do you know if anyone has been using this on Unix operating system? I am using CoreElec, is that the reason its not working?
@MANswers
Let me try it on my Linux laptop and I'll get back with you.
  • 61(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aeon MQ 8 Multi-Mod10