• 6(current)
WIP TV Tunes
@Rijs43
If the theme is located in the same folder as the video that was imported into your Kodi library it should play. That may not have answered your question...if not, can you give me some more detail?
@latts9923  My themes don't seem to be working at the moment.  I tried posting a full kodi log but the file was too big.  Instead here is a link to a snippet in my log about TV tunes.  https://pastebin.com/Y9JFL4sB
@Jachin99
Can you please paste the content of the tvtunes.nfo file you're using?
(2020-04-05, 15:22)latts9923 Wrote: @Jachin99
Can you please paste the content of the tvtunes.nfo file you're using?

Latts, it looks like I'm having some issues with Emby for Kodi in general so let me see if I can do something to sort that out first.  I don't want to waste your time for now, thanks.
I was having an where playing movies, and tv shows wasn't working properly.  When I tried to play one of these files either nothing would happen or I would get an error message.  I asked about the issue on the emby forums, and I was advised to removed TV Tunes, which fixed my file playback problems https://emby.media/community/index.php?/...ntry867537.  I would still really like to be able to use TV Tunes though so I'm hoping you will help me troubleshoot the problem.  I'm on Kodi 18.6, and here is a sample .nfo file for a movie.  

xml:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" standalone="yes"?>
<movie>
  <plot>In high school, Schmidt was a dork and Jenko was the popular jock. After graduation, both of them joined the police force and ended up as partners riding bicycles in the city park. Since they are young and look like high school students, they are assigned to an undercover unit to infiltrate a drug ring that is supplying high school students synthetic drugs.</plot>
  <outline>They thought the streets were mean. Then they went back to high school.</outline>
  <lockdata>false</lockdata>
  <dateadded>2019-08-24 02:20:57</dateadded>
  <title>21 Jump Street</title>
  <originaltitle>21 Jump Street</originaltitle>
  <director>Phil Lord</director>
  <director>Christopher Miller</director>
  <trailer>plugin://plugin.video.youtube/?action=play_video&amp;videoid=RLoKtb4c4W0</trailer>
  <trailer>plugin://plugin.video.youtube/?action=play_video&amp;videoid=Oj55KinxZx4</trailer>
  <rating>6.8</rating>
  <year>2012</year>
  <collectionnumber>212562</collectionnumber>
  <imdbid>tt1232829</imdbid>
  <tmdbid>64688</tmdbid>
  <premiered>2012-03-14</premiered>
  <releasedate>2012-03-14</releasedate>
  <runtime>110</runtime>
  <tagline>They thought the streets were mean. Then they went back to high school.</tagline>
  <country>United States of America</country>
  <genre>Action</genre>
  <genre>Comedy</genre>
  <genre>Crime</genre>
  <studio>Stephen J. Cannell Productions</studio>
  <studio>Columbia Pictures</studio>
  <studio>Relativity Media</studio>
  <studio>Original Film</studio>
  <studio>Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer</studio>
  <art>
    <poster>\\TV Room\Movies\21 Jump Street\21 Jump Street.jpg</poster>
    <fanart>\\TV Room\Movies\21 Jump Street\fanart.jpg</fanart>
  </art>
  <isuserfavorite>false</isuserfavorite>
  <playcount>1</playcount>
  <watched>false</watched>
  <lastplayed>2020-04-06 09:31:57</lastplayed>
  <resume>
    <position>0</position>
    <total>6578.305</total>
  </resume>
  <actor>
    <name>Jonah Hill</name>
    <role>Officer Morton Schmidt / Doug McQuaid</role>
    <type>Actor</type>
    <thumb>C:\Users\Family\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\programdata\metadata\library\44\44bd1da1190046dd87b8441227c8100f\folder.jpg</thumb>
  </actor>
  <actor>
    <name>Channing Tatum</name>
    <role>Officer Greg Jenko / Brad McQuaid</role>
    <type>Actor</type>
    <thumb>C:\Users\Family\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\programdata\metadata\library\e7\e7e4696bef44454e896b92fa977e50a7\folder.jpg</thumb>
  </actor>
  <actor>
    <name>Brie Larson</name>
    <role>Molly Tracey</role>
    <type>Actor</type>
    <thumb>C:\Users\Family\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\programdata\metadata\library\9d\9de17dfc90714339aef8387823737b84\folder.jpg</thumb>
  </actor>
  <actor>
    <name>Dave Franco</name>
    <role>Eric Molson</role>
    <type>Actor</type>
    <thumb>C:\Users\Family\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\programdata\metadata\library\a1\a1c4da5b0eaf4c079cd8bee21064a53c\folder.jpg</thumb>
  </actor>
  <actor>
    <name>Rob Riggle</name>
    <role>Mr. Walters</role>
    <type>Actor</type>
    <thumb>C:\Users\Family\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\programdata\metadata\library\b4\b453be01db1d478382b017c40e5a623d\folder.jpg</thumb>
  </actor>
  <actor>
    <name>Ice Cube</name>
    <role>Captain Dickson</role>
    <type>Actor</type>
    <thumb>C:\Users\Family\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\programdata\metadata\library\89\891c0f9eafc94c5da2d6b7069875a0c8\folder.jpg</thumb>
  </actor>
  <actor>
    <name>DeRay Davis</name>
    <role>Domingo</role>
    <type>Actor</type>
    <thumb>C:\Users\Family\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\programdata\metadata\library\7c\7c272b3ee42a41d49d747bd6793691c7\folder.jpg</thumb>
  </actor>
  <actor>
    <name>Chris Parnell</name>
    <role>Mr. Gordon</role>
    <type>Actor</type>
    <thumb>C:\Users\Family\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\programdata\metadata\library\0e\0ef7c830b69b4f78b83c354239d89102\folder.jpg</thumb>
  </actor>
  <actor>
    <name>Ellie Kemper</name>
    <role>Ms. Griggs</role>
    <type>Actor</type>
    <thumb>C:\Users\Family\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\programdata\metadata\library\bf\bf90c89209bb4228aa2930515ec2290a\folder.jpg</thumb>
  </actor>
  <actor>
    <name>Jake Johnson</name>
    <role>Principal Dadier</role>
    <type>Actor</type>
    <thumb>C:\Users\Family\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\programdata\metadata\library\13\134db1b9d6a84ce3920586641cfdb1a9\folder.jpg</thumb>
  </actor>
  <actor>
    <name>Nick Offerman</name>
    <role>Deputy Chief Hardy</role>
    <type>Actor</type>
    <thumb>C:\Users\Family\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\programdata\metadata\library\0d\0d67188821fb4f03a7f15d081005523c\folder.jpg</thumb>
  </actor>
  <actor>
    <name>Holly Robinson Peete</name>
    <role>Officer Judy Hoffs</role>
    <type>Actor</type>
    <thumb>C:\Users\Family\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\programdata\metadata\library\8b\8bf6c0f01ed7489dba70d7298e2efb4a\folder.jpg</thumb>
  </actor>
  <actor>
    <name>Lindsey Broad</name>
    <role>Lisa</role>
    <type>Actor</type>
    <thumb>C:\Users\Family\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\programdata\metadata\library\ba\ba03c8c3706c47459a2b8912496b7d66\folder.jpg</thumb>
  </actor>
  <actor>
    <name>Johnny Simmons</name>
    <role>Billiam Willing-ham</role>
    <type>Actor</type>
    <thumb>C:\Users\Family\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\programdata\metadata\library\76\76378bf4baf34a9a80df9ef26696ab33\folder.jpg</thumb>
  </actor>
  <actor>
    <name>Spencer Boldman</name>
    <role>French Samuels</role>
    <type>Actor</type>
    <thumb>C:\Users\Family\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\programdata\metadata\library\19\19207d0a74ea422ba1248b431f2787d0\folder.jpg</thumb>
  </actor>
  <actor>
    <name>Rye Rye</name>
    <role>Jr. Jr.</role>
    <type>Actor</type>
    <thumb>C:\Users\Family\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\programdata\metadata\library\6a\6aee9bd34eab465d9538dadf5e50a7e9\folder.jpg</thumb>
  </actor>
  <actor>
    <name>Caroline Aaron</name>
    <role>Annie Schmidt</role>
    <type>Actor</type>
    <thumb>C:\Users\Family\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\programdata\metadata\library\ba\baef4f1b3f3f4d729f617644a47ce527\folder.jpg</thumb>
  </actor>
  <actor>
    <name>Dakota Johnson</name>
    <role>Fugazy</role>
    <type>Actor</type>
    <thumb>C:\Users\Family\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\programdata\metadata\library\35\35bd5836832849c59a32f0c817b0fb42\folder.jpg</thumb>
  </actor>
  <actor>
    <name>Valerie Tian</name>
    <role>Burns</role>
    <type>Actor</type>
    <thumb>C:\Users\Family\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\programdata\metadata\library\12\12e17c0640124b948ed8817fe4b8e599\folder.jpg</thumb>
  </actor>
  <actor>
    <name>Luis Da Silva Jr.</name>
    <role>One-Percenter</role>
    <type>Actor</type>
    <thumb>C:\Users\Family\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\programdata\metadata\library\45\45f44b180726492e994d381b56416e7c\folder.jpg</thumb>
  </actor>
  <actor>
    <name>Johnny Depp</name>
    <role>Tom Hanson (uncredited)</role>
    <type>Actor</type>
    <thumb>C:\Users\Family\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\programdata\metadata\library\27\2751579748f74009b46ade47d8c88705\folder.jpg</thumb>
  </actor>
  <actor>
    <name>Peter DeLuise</name>
    <role>Doug Penhall (uncredited)</role>
    <type>Actor</type>
    <thumb>C:\Users\Family\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\programdata\metadata\library\f3\f303a7c478584eecb71b8e9166bef24e\folder.jpg</thumb>
  </actor>
  <actor>
    <name>Johnny Pemberton</name>
    <role>Delroy</role>
    <type>Actor</type>
    <thumb>C:\Users\Family\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\programdata\metadata\library\00\006787fde3b5454dacd8b35af72a2be8\folder.jpg</thumb>
  </actor>
  <actor>
    <name>Joe Chrest</name>
    <role>David Schmidt</role>
    <type>Actor</type>
    <thumb>C:\Users\Family\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\programdata\metadata\library\a1\a116037abd2a4acbb770ea5a84a5c526\folder.jpg</thumb>
  </actor>
  <actor>
    <name>Candi Brooks</name>
    <role>VW Bug Driver</role>
    <type>Actor</type>
    <thumb>C:\Users\Family\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\programdata\metadata\library\ad\ada8871135294a2c8475b57efde3ba78\folder.jpg</thumb>
  </actor>
  <actor>
    <name>Brittney Alger</name>
    <role>Eric's Friend</role>
    <type>Actor</type>
    <thumb>C:\Users\Family\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\programdata\metadata\library\7b\7b1b2dd337ea408db5f164639cf31d94\folder.jpg</thumb>
  </actor>
  <actor>
    <name>Dax Flame</name>
    <role>Zack</role>
    <type>Actor</type>
    <thumb>C:\Users\Family\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\programdata\metadata\library\c4\c4d4cd20a6ad4bd09f3305d8147bb9d5\folder.jpg</thumb>
  </actor>
  <actor>
    <name>Geraldine Singer</name>
    <role>Phyllis</role>
    <type>Actor</type>
    <thumb>C:\Users\Family\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\programdata\metadata\library\4d\4de1cb45348747b7aac6e9579ee5cd33\folder.jpg</thumb>
  </actor>
  <actor>
    <name>Turner Crumbley</name>
    <role>EMT</role>
    <type>Actor</type>
  </actor>
  <actor>
    <name>Stanley Wong</name>
    <role>Roman</role>
    <type>Actor</type>
    <thumb>C:\Users\Family\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\programdata\metadata\library\82\8206dfd0a0c340aea9b9edc6a551e434\folder.jpg</thumb>
  </actor>
  <actor>
    <name>Britton Frost</name>
    <role>delroy stand-in - uncredited</role>
    <type>Actor</type>
  </actor>
  <actor>
    <name>D.J. Mills</name>
    <role>Scared Kid in Park (uncredited)</role>
    <type>Actor</type>
  </actor>
  <id>tt1232829</id>
  <set>Jump Street Collection</set>
  <fileinfo>
    <streamdetails>
      <video>
        <codec>mpeg2video</codec>
        <micodec>mpeg2video</micodec>
        <bitrate>5835712</bitrate>
        <width>720</width>
        <height>480</height>
        <aspect>16:9</aspect>
        <aspectratio>16:9</aspectratio>
        <framerate>29.97003</framerate>
        <language>eng</language>
        <scantype>progressive</scantype>
        <default>False</default>
        <forced>False</forced>
        <duration>109</duration>
        <durationinseconds>6578</durationinseconds>
      </video>
      <audio>
        <codec>ac3</codec>
        <micodec>ac3</micodec>
        <bitrate>448000</bitrate>
        <language>eng</language>
        <channels>6</channels>
        <samplingrate>48000</samplingrate>
        <default>True</default>
        <forced>False</forced>
      </audio>
      <audio>
        <codec>ac3</codec>
        <micodec>ac3</micodec>
        <bitrate>384000</bitrate>
        <language>eng</language>
        <channels>6</channels>
        <samplingrate>48000</samplingrate>
        <default>False</default>
        <forced>False</forced>
      </audio>
    </streamdetails>
  </fileinfo>
</movie>
@Jachin99
The easiest way to play a theme is to just place the theme.mp3 file in the movie folder. If you want to use an NFO file, you will need to create a file name tvtunes.nfo in the movie folder and paste similar info to what I've entered below...

xml:

<tvtunes>
<file>filename.mp3</file>
</tvtunes>

There are other options you can enter as well...read here for that info.
(2020-04-07, 00:59)latts9923 Wrote: @Jachin99
The easiest way to play a theme is to just place the theme.mp3 file in the movie folder. If you want to use an NFO file, you will need to create a file name tvtunes.nfo in the movie folder and paste similar info to what I've entered below...

xml:

<tvtunes>
<file>filename.mp3</file>
</tvtunes>

There are other options you can enter as well...read here for that info.
So I think I get it a little more now.  To start off I only have video themes, and I don't use audio themes.  Audio themes as they are work fine with Emby for Kodi out of the box but the video themes are stored differently.  I have the plugin configured to look in a subfolder called backdrops for each TV Show/Movie but the plugin looks for a .NFO file pointing to the theme as you have said.  At one point in time I think I have had TV Tunes to store theme .nfo files in a custom path on the local file system, which explains why they used to work.  

My problem is although I have theme.mp4 stored in custom directory called backdrops (Which is nested in each movie, or TV Show folder), Emby doesn't create a .NFO file for the theme itself.  What would make this as simple as it can be for Emby 4 Kodi at the very least is if TV Tunes could play the themes without the need for that extra .nfo file in my backdrops folder.  Is that a possibility?  I have a few instances of kodi around the house so setting up a theme.nfo folder for each requires some extra setup for each PC.  Is there a way to get these working without the .nfo file?  Thanks.
I have this to the point where I can enable TV Tunes without breaking file playback in Emby 4 Kodi but I still can't get the themes to play.  When I originally installed this it was "registered" as video addon and then updated to be a service addon.  Its kind of a wild guess but can I try adding it back as video addon?  If so, then how?  Also if I store my .nfo files in a custom path does TV Tunes create .nfo files as new media is added or no?  Thanks.
Hello everyone,

I have an issue with the TvTunes add-on. When I select a TV show and view the episode list I have the add-on set to play. It will play the 'theme.mp3' music perfectly, however there is a 5 second lag period where Kodi will lock up before the music starts which is quite annoying. I am using a skin called AuraMod but the issue still persists on the default skin and my Kodi device is the FireStick 4k.
(2020-04-08, 01:17)maple876 Wrote: Hello everyone,

I have an issue with the TvTunes add-on. When I select a TV show and view the episode list I have the add-on set to play. It will play the 'theme.mp3' music perfectly, however there is a 5 second lag period where Kodi will lock up before the music starts which is quite annoying. I am using a skin called AuraMod but the issue still persists on the default skin and my Kodi device is the FireStick 4k.

Actually should note that this problem was originally highlighted by Asterra awhile ago. I know I'm just a user and have no experience with this kind of thing; but would it be possible to somehow grab the theme files and store them on the playback device to remove the lag (similar to cover art)? If that somehow violates the rules with regards to copyright material; would even a temporary cache be possible?
Is there an actual repo ZIP file I can download so when you push out updates, it automatically pulls them in and applies the update?  Right now I'm manually checking and downloading the updated zip to 5 different Android boxes in the home and it's getting a bit tedious lol
@latts9923  I believe I have worked through a large majority of my issues minus 1 or 2.  I'm also ASSUMING TV Tunes creates its own .nfo file, and Emby for Kodi has no part in this but if that is wrong please feel free to correct me. Here is how I have things setup using Kodi 18.6, Emby Server, Emby 4 kodi in Addon mode, and the latest version of TV Tunes (Set as a service, and not a video plugin).    

1. File, and theme playback both work in my current setup.  
2. I don't need to update advanced settings.xml. 
3. I had to define a path for .nfo files in the settings for TV Tunes.  I tried a few different directories but at the very least I believe I need to set this location to be somewhere in Kodi's userdata folder at the very least.  When I tried to set the path for nfo files to the root of a given drive, no .nfo files were generated. 
4. TV tunes.nfo files are being created for Movies but NOT TV Shows under the folder /Userdata/addondata/plugin.video.emby/library/MEDIANAME. 
5. Contrary to my prior belief, TV Tunes.nfo files are being created on Every Kodi Machine negating my need for TV Tunes to work without the .nfo file.  This was a misunderstanding on my part about how TV Tunes works.  

So my last remaining problem is that TV Tunes isn't generating a TVTunes.nfo file for my TV Shows.  This is the one I am most concerned about. 
Issue 2 is that when a given movie has a trailer but no theme file exists TV Tunes doesn't play the trailer instead of a theme even where one exists.  My trailers, and and themes are nested differently inside each media folder, and I cannot change how these are setup.  So I have this as a folder structure..

/MOVIENAME
   Movie.mp4
   Movie-trailder.mp4
   /backdrops
      theme.mp4
@Jachin99
I'm glad you finally got it working! I inherited this Add-on from the original creator, so I might not be aware of every feature, but I don't know of any way for TVTunes to create it's own NFO files.

4. I created a tvtunes.nfo for a TV Show and it seems to work.
5. Again, I'm going to have to take another look at the Add-on settings, but I'm not aware of any ability to auto-create the NFO files.

I just tried the "USE TRAILER VIDEO IF NO THEME AVAILABLE" option in the TVTunes settings and it works for me.

@maple876
I have the same result when using my Fire TV Cube. I do not have the knowledge to make the Add-on cache the themes locally on a device. I don't see how that would violate any copyright, I just don't know how to accomplish the task.

@Usafle
The Add-on is availabe from my repo...see the first post in the thread.
Latts, I started a thread about tracking down how these .nfo files are created here https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=353343  Hopefully I can see which addon creates tv tunes.nfo as the Emby developers seem to be sure it isn't their program.  I'm thinking when Emby 4 Kodi sync's Emby's TV shows with Kodi's, it sync's a Kodi library that TV tunes isn't watching and that is possibly why TV Tunes isn't creating .nfo files for my TV shows.
Hey I want to give you a quick log snippet here https://pastebin.com/1stmEewG  This is what I see from the Kodi Log as I navigate into my TV Shows library from a few different emby entrypoints.  I see mention of a Video and Home video library even though I'm viewing TV shows.  I haven't asked the developer but it looks like this might be either a bug or by design on the part of the Emby 4 Kodi developer.  I'll have to ask but do you think that might cause an issue with tvtunes.nfo file creation?
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TV Tunes1