• 112(current)
Mod Aeon MQ 8 Multi-Mod
@RobinTW
I compared the IncludesParams.xml from 01-23 and my most current version. The only major change between the two that might be causing a problem is the background area.

Try this for me. Close Kodi, and in your 01-23 version of IncludesParams.xml, find...
xml:

<include name="media_backgrounds">

Remove that entire include...the next include will be "case_selector". Copy the "media_backgrounds" include from the 02-21 file and paste it into the 01-23 file. Now open Kodi and see if Youtube still works.
(2021-03-13, 04:02)latts9923 Wrote: @RobinTW
I compared the IncludesParams.xml from 01-23 and my most current version. The only major change between the two that might be causing a problem is the background area.

Try this for me. Close Kodi, and in your 01-23 version of IncludesParams.xml, find...
xml:

<include name="media_backgrounds">

Remove that entire include...the next include will be "case_selector". Copy the "media_backgrounds" include from the 02-21 file and paste it into the 01-23 file. Now open Kodi and see if Youtube still works.

Yup, you are right.  I did the copy and paste, and the Youtube problem starts.
@RobinTW
OK...so now we need to figure out which control in the include is the culprit. When you can, try removing one control at a time until the Youtube problem stops.
(2021-03-13, 14:11)latts9923 Wrote: @RobinTW
OK...so now we need to figure out which control in the include is the culprit. When you can, try removing one control at a time until the Youtube problem stops.
I think I have found it.

If I replace (from 0221 version)

<control type="multiimage">
            <left>$PARAM[left]</left>
            <top>$PARAM[top]</top>
            <width>$PARAM[width]</width>
            <height>$PARAM[height]</height>
            <timeperimage>6000</timeperimage>
            <randomize>true</randomize>
            <fadetime>commonfadetime</fadetime>
            <include condition="Skin.HasSetting(keepaspect)">KeepAspect</include>
            <imagepath background="true">$INFO[ListItem.Path]extrafanart/</imagepath>
            <animation effect="fade" end="100" time="200" delay="3000">Visible</animation>
            <include>animation_panscan</include>
            <visible>!String.IsEmpty(ListItem.Path,,extrafanart/) + ![Container.Content(seasons) |  Container.Content(episodes)] + [!Player.HasVideo | Player.HasVideo + !Skin.HasSetting(background_live)] + $PARAM[visible] + [Window.IsActive(videos) + [!Container.Content(Sets) | String.Contains(ListItem.Path,videodb://movies/sets)] + String.Contains(skin.string(videofanart),extra)] + $PARAM[visible]</visible>
        </control>        

with (from 0123 version)

<top>$PARAM[top]</top>
            <fadetime>2500</fadetime>
            <imagepath background="true">$INFO[Window(home).Property(SkinHelper.ListItem.Art.FanArts)]</imagepath>
            <visible>![Container.Content(seasons) |  Container.Content(episodes)] + [!Player.HasVideo | Player.HasVideo + !Skin.HasSetting(background_live)] + $PARAM[visible] + ![String.IsEqual(ListItem.Label,..) | String.IsEmpty(Window(home).Property(SkinHelper.ListItem.Art.FanArts))] + [Window.IsActive(videos) + [!Container.Content(Sets) | String.Contains(ListItem.Path,videodb://movies/sets)] + String.Contains(skin.string(videofanart),extra)] + $PARAM[visible]</visible>
        </control>

The Youtube problem is gone.
@RobinTW
This appears to be a problem with the extrafanart subfolder. I am removing support for this from both Matrix skins. I think I will remove support from Leia as well. Thanks for helping track this down!
Do I understand correctly that skin support for the extrafanart folders causes YouTube not to play video's?

If so, are you also planning to remove support for the extrafanart folders regarding the MQ7 mods?
Windows 11 Pro
Kodi 21 - Aeon MQ7/MQ9 Omega Mod
Kodi 20.5 - Aeon MQ9 Nexus Mod

Android - Beelink GT King
Kodi 21 - Aeon MQ7 Omega Mod
Kodi Maven Fork 21 - Aeon MQ7 Omega Mod

CoreELEC - Beelink GT King

@MB1968
I am still mulling over what to do with the extrafanart support. I may only remove support for the Matrix skins, but I need to figure out why it affects Youtube in the MQ 8 Multi-Mod. Are you not having the same problem that RobinTW describes below?

(2021-02-26, 07:58)RobinTW Wrote: @latts9923 ,

I upgraded to 0221 version, but strange things happened.

I use Youtube addon to view live channels like Bloomberg Quicktake, France 24 English....  In this version, if I play a channel, then stop and play it again (or switch to other channels), the top of the screen shows "buffering......  PLEASE WAIT" and the video lags.  Now I switch back to 0123 version and very thing is fine.  So strange.
@latts9923 

I played with the code a little bit.  I deleted the entire control

<top>$PARAM[top]</top>
            <fadetime>commonfadetime</fadetime>
            <imagepath background="true">$INFO[ListItem.Path]extrafanart/</imagepath>
            <visible>!String.IsEmpty(ListItem.Path,,extrafanart/) + ![Container.Content(seasons) |  Container.Content(episodes)] + [!Player.HasVideo | Player.HasVideo + !Skin.HasSetting(background_live)] + $PARAM[visible] + [Window.IsActive(videos) + [!Container.Content(Sets) | String.Contains(ListItem.Path,videodb://movies/sets)] + String.Contains(skin.string(videofanart),extra)] + $PARAM[visible]</visible>
        </control>        

but still keep the next control which also contains extrafanart

<top>$PARAM[top]</top>
            <fadetime>2500</fadetime>
            <imagepath background="true">$INFO[Window(home).Property(SkinHelper.ListItem.Art.FanArts)]</imagepath>
            <visible>String.IsEmpty(ListItem.Path,,extrafanart/) + ![Container.Content(seasons) |  Container.Content(episodes)] + [!Player.HasVideo | Player.HasVideo + !Skin.HasSetting(background_live)] + $PARAM[visible] + ![String.IsEqual(ListItem.Label,..) | String.IsEmpty(Window(home).Property(SkinHelper.ListItem.Art.FanArts))] + [Window.IsActive(videos) + [!Container.Content(Sets) | String.Contains(ListItem.Path,videodb://movies/sets)] + String.Contains(skin.string(videofanart),extra)] + $PARAM[visible]</visible>
        </control>

And Youtube is working properly.

Just FYI.

Edit: I did the same to Aeon MQ 8 Matrix Mod v1.0.0.8's IncludesParams.xml.  After this control is removed, Youtube problem is also fixed.
(2021-03-15, 02:06)latts9923 Wrote: @MB1968
I am still mulling over what to do with the extrafanart support. I may only remove support for the Matrix skins, but I need to figure out why it affects Youtube in the MQ 8 Multi-Mod. Are you not having the same problem that RobinTW describes below?

(2021-02-26, 07:58)RobinTW Wrote: @latts9923 ,

I upgraded to 0221 version, but strange things happened.

I use Youtube addon to view live channels like Bloomberg Quicktake, France 24 English....  In this version, if I play a channel, then stop and play it again (or switch to other channels), the top of the screen shows "buffering......  PLEASE WAIT" and the video lags.  Now I switch back to 0123 version and very thing is fine.  So strange.
I'm experiencing the same issue under the MQ7 Leia mod and MQ7 Matrix mod. Not only in the YouTube addon, but in another video addon (Dumpert) as well. The screen goes black for about 5-10 seconds when the video has ended.
Windows 11 Pro

@MB1968
Roger that...that's why I was considering removing support for the extrafanart folder and use Skin Helper by default for the "EXTRAFANART" option.
(2021-03-15, 15:42)latts9923 Wrote: @MB1968
Roger that...that's why I was considering removing support for the extrafanart folder and use Skin Helper by default for the "EXTRAFANART" option.
If this means we have to move the extrafanart images to the parent directory to fix the issue, that's okay. We'll see what the next update will bring and I'm looking forward to the improvements.
Windows 11 Pro

(2021-02-02, 03:41)latts9923 Wrote: @melons2
Have you tried closing Kodi, removing simplecache.db, open Kodi and let it populate the database again?

@Buzniak
Try using v1.1.32 of Skin Helper.
I gave it a go, with no luck, weird thing is i have 3 versions of skin helper in my addons on kodiHuh?
@latts9923 
just two simple request/addition in media icon to show:

1) adding "IMAX" icon, usable as a tag like "hdr" "10bit" but activable only if the tag is in the name (as the same behaviour of TOP IMDB250 icon that appears ony if the movie is a top250)
2) adding "Amazon Prime Video", "AppleTV+", "Disney+", "Hulu", "Netflix" "HBO Max" as new videocodec instead of the standard "WEB-TV" icon

Here you can find .png I've already created

IMAX
Amazon Prime Video
Apple TV+
Disney+
HBO Max
Hulu
Netflix

I treied to modify includes.xml:

<!--*   MULTI-MOD   *-->
            <!-- IMDb Top 250 -->
            <control type="group">
                <width>115</width>
                <include content="mediaflags_common">
                    <param name="flag_id" value="412" />
                    <param name="flag" value="$VAR[imdb]" />
                    <param name="separator" value="false" />
                </include>
                <control type="label">
                    <top>8</top>
                    <font>Font_15</font>
                    <include>FlagLabel</include>
                    <label>#$INFO[ListItem.Top250(top250)]</label>
                </control>
                <visible>Integer.IsGreater(ListItem.Top250,0)</visible>
            </control>
            <control type="group">
                <width>115</width>
                    <param name="flag_id" value="413" />
                    <param name="flag" value="$VAR[imdb]" />
                    <param name="separator" value="false" />
                </include>
                <control type="label">
                    <top>8</top>
                    <font>Font_15</font>
                    <include>FlagLabel</include>
                    <label>#$INFO[Window(Home).Property(SkinHelper.ListItem.IMDB.Top250)]</label>
                </control>
                <visible>!Integer.IsGreater(ListItem.Top250,0) + !String.IsEmpty(Window(Home).Property(SkinHelper.ListItem.IMDB.Top250))</visible>
            </control>
            <control type="image">
                <include>FlagSeparator</include>
                <visible>Integer.IsGreater(ListItem.Top250,0) | !String.IsEmpty(Window(Home).Property(SkinHelper.ListItem.IMDB.Top250))</visible>
            </control>
            <!--*   MULTI-MOD  *-->

<!-- IMAX -->
                <param name="flag_id" value="414" />
                <param name="flag" value="$VAR[imax]" />
                <param name="separator" value="true" />
            </include>  

and includesvariables.xml

<!-- ########## WIDGETS - ETIQUETA DE TIPO DE MIDIA ########## -->
    <variable name="widgets_mediatype">
        <value condition="String.Contains(Container(510).ListItem.Filenameandpath,.3dbd.) | String.Contains(ListItem.Filenameandpath,.3d.)">$VAR[videocodec_path]3dbd.png</value>
        <value condition="String.Contains(Container(510).ListItem.Filenameandpath,4k)">$VAR[videocodec_path]4k.png</value>
        <value condition="String.Contains(Container(510).ListItem.Filenameandpath,bluray) | String.Contains(ListItem.Filenameandpath,blu-ray) | String.Contains(ListItem.Filenameandpath,bdrip)">$VAR[videocodec_path]bluray.png</value>
        <value condition="String.Contains(Container(510).ListItem.Filenameandpath,web)">$VAR[videocodec_path]webtv.png</value>
        <value condition="String.Contains(Container(510).ListItem.Filenameandpath,web-dl)">$VAR[videocodec_path]webdl.png</value>
        <value condition="String.Contains(Container(510).ListItem.Filenameandpath,amzn)">$VAR[videocodec_path]amzn.png</value>
        <value condition="String.Contains(Container(510).ListItem.Filenameandpath,aptv)">$VAR[videocodec_path]aptv.png</value>
        <value condition="String.Contains(Container(510).ListItem.Filenameandpath,dsnp)">$VAR[videocodec_path]dsnp.png</value>
        <value condition="String.Contains(Container(510).ListItem.Filenameandpath,hmax)">$VAR[videocodec_path]hmax.png</value>
        <value condition="String.Contains(Container(510).ListItem.Filenameandpath,hulu)">$VAR[videocodec_path]hulu.png</value>
        <value condition="String.Contains(Container(510).ListItem.Filenameandpath,nf)">$VAR[videocodec_path]nf.png</value>

<value condition="String.Contains(Container(510).ListItem.Filenameandpath,hdtv)">$VAR[videocodec_path]hdtv.png</value>
        <value condition="String.Contains(Container(510).ListItem.Filenameandpath,dvd) | String.Contains(ListItem.Filenameandpath,.ifo,Right) | String.Contains(ListItem.Filenameandpath,.iso,Right)">$VAR[videocodec_path]dvd.png</value>    
        <value condition="Container(510).ListItem.IsCollection">$VAR[videocodec_path]set.png</value>
    </variable>
    <variable name="widgets_sdrhdr">
        <value condition="String.Contains(Container(510).ListItem.Filenameandpath,.hdr.) | String.Contains(Container(510).ListItem.Filenameandpath,-hdr)">$VAR[extras_path]hdr.png</value>
        <!--*   MULTI-MOD   *-->
        <value condition="String.Contains(Container(510).ListItem.Filenameandpath,.hdr2.) | String.Contains(Container(510).ListItem.Filenameandpath,.hdr10.) | String.Contains(Container(510).ListItem.Filenameandpath,-hdr2)">$VAR[extras_path]hdr2.png</value>
        <value condition="String.Contains(Container(510).ListItem.Filenameandpath,.dv.) | String.Contains(Container(510).ListItem.Filenameandpath,-dv)">$VAR[extras_path]dv.png</value>
        <!--*   MULTI-MOD   *-->
        <value condition="String.IsEqual(Container(510).ListItem.DbType,video) | String.IsEqual(Container(510).ListItem.DbType,movie) | String.IsEqual(Container(510).ListItem.DbType,episode) | String.IsEqual(Container(510).ListItem.DbType,musicvideo)">$VAR[extras_path]sdr.png</value>
    </variable>
    <variable name="widgets_imax">
        <value condition="String.Contains(Container(510).ListItem.Filenameandpath,.imax.) | String.Contains(Container(510).ListItem.Filenameandpath,-imax)">$VAR[extras_path]imax.png</value>    
    </variable>   

[-----]

<!-- ############# ETIQUETA DE CODEC DE VIDEO ########## -->        
    <variable name="mediatype">
        <value condition="String.Contains(ListItem.Filenameandpath,.3dbd.) | String.Contains(ListItem.Filenameandpath,.3d.)">$VAR[videocodec_path]3dbd.png</value>
        <value condition="String.Contains(ListItem.Filenameandpath,4k)">$VAR[videocodec_path]4k.png</value>
        <value condition="String.Contains(ListItem.Filenameandpath,bluray) | String.Contains(ListItem.Filenameandpath,blu-ray) | String.Contains(ListItem.Filenameandpath,bdrip)">$VAR[videocodec_path]bluray.png</value>
        <value condition="String.Contains(ListItem.Filenameandpath,web)">$VAR[videocodec_path]webtv.png</value>
        <value condition="String.Contains(ListItem.Filenameandpath,web-dl)">$VAR[videocodec_path]webdl.png</value>
        <value condition="String.Contains(ListItem.Filenameandpath,amzn)">$VAR[videocodec_path]amzn.png</value>
        <value condition="String.Contains(ListItem.Filenameandpath,aptv)">$VAR[videocodec_path]aptv.png</value>
        <value condition="String.Contains(ListItem.Filenameandpath,dsnp)">$VAR[videocodec_path]dsnp.png</value>
        <value condition="String.Contains(ListItem.Filenameandpath,hmax)">$VAR[videocodec_path]hmax.png</value>
        <value condition="String.Contains(ListItem.Filenameandpath,hulu)">$VAR[videocodec_path]hulu.png</value>
        <value condition="String.Contains(ListItem.Filenameandpath,nf)">$VAR[videocodec_path]nf.png</value>

<value condition="String.Contains(ListItem.Filenameandpath,hdtv)">$VAR[videocodec_path]hdtv.png</value>
        <value condition="String.Contains(ListItem.Filenameandpath,dvd) | String.Contains(ListItem.Filenameandpath,.ifo,Right) | String.Contains(ListItem.Filenameandpath,.iso,Right)">$VAR[videocodec_path]dvd.png</value>    
        <value condition="ListItem.IsCollection">$VAR[videocodec_path]set.png</value>        
    </variable>
    <variable name="sdrhdr">
        <value condition="String.Contains(ListItem.Filenameandpath,.hdr.) | String.Contains(ListItem.Filenameandpath,-hdr)">$VAR[extras_path]hdr.png</value>
        <!--*   MULTI-MOD   *-->
        <value condition="String.Contains(ListItem.Filenameandpath,.hdr2.) | String.Contains(ListItem.Filenameandpath,.hdr10.) | String.Contains(ListItem.Filenameandpath,-hdr2)">$VAR[extras_path]hdr2.png</value>
        <value condition="String.Contains(ListItem.Filenameandpath,.dv.) | String.Contains(ListItem.Filenameandpath,-dv)">$VAR[extras_path]dv.png</value>
        <!--*   MULTI-MOD   *-->
        <value>$VAR[extras_path]sdr.png</value>
    </variable>

<variable name="imax">
        <value condition="String.Contains(ListItem.Filenameandpath,.imax.) | String.Contains(ListItem.Filenameandpath,-imax)">$VAR[extras_path]imax.png</value>
        <value>$VAR[extras_path]imax.png</value>
    </variable>  

to obtain this result, unfortunately it seems I'm missing a step because it's not showing anything.

Could you help me?
Thanks
@Buzniak
You have three different versions of Skin Helper showing in "My Add-ons"?

Just checking...for Sets, are you sure you've gone to MEDIA SETTINGS> VIDEOS and selected "SHOW MOVIE SETS"?

@simomkd
I'll have to rework the code, but I'm thinking I will add the IMAX icon to the resolution flag. You will be able to call it by adding ".imax." to your filename. Sure, I can add the others to the videocodec.
(2021-03-20, 14:08)latts9923 Wrote: @Buzniak
You have three different versions of Skin Helper showing in "My Add-ons"?

Just checking...for Sets, are you sure you've gone to MEDIA SETTINGS> VIDEOS and selected "SHOW MOVIE SETS"?

@simomkd
I'll have to rework the code, but I'm thinking I will add the IMAX icon to the resolution flag. You will be able to call it by adding ".imax." to your filename. Sure, I can add the others to the videocodec.

That's the thing Latts, the 1st thing i did is check if it was enabled. Maybe the issue is the 3 consecutive (identical) Skin helper addons which are present in my addons and enabled? I'm struggling to  figure out why there's 3 versions of the same addon ITFPHuh?
  • 112(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aeon MQ 8 Multi-Mod10