• 12(current)
v20 Aeon MQ 8 for Nexus Mod
(2023-03-10, 03:24)martinsvision Wrote: Kodi got me with an auto update keep crashing so I did afresh install worked for day or to then just keeps crashing on boot now .. going back to Matrix ( is this just Android that's having troubles? )
Nexus on Nvidia Shield (Android) does not seem to be ready for prime time yet. I reverted back to Matrix on both my Shields until everything gets sorted. You do have to turn off auto update in the Google Play Store though. It does seem that the issues are only on the Android platform. Personally I will wait till they do a point release of Nexus before I test it again on my Shields.
Keep shutting off auto update but I think when the store updates itself it reverts back 🤔 maybe ? It's got me twice now. Figures to the last back up I made was months ago and made a bunch of changes and now I have to redo...
(2023-03-10, 08:23)martinsvision Wrote: Keep shutting off auto update but I think when the store updates itself it reverts back 🤔 maybe ? It's got me twice now. Figures to the last back up I made was months ago and made a bunch of changes and now I have to redo...

simple solution: dont use the play store to install it

https://mirrors.kodi.tv/releases/android/arm64-v8a

( strange link behavior, clicking from forum=403 ... you can get there by here https://www.google.com/search?q=kodi+matrix+v8a )
I do . Got a copy of matrix setting on my kodi box and then I drag my skin files from my Nas over, But as soon as you install matrix it shows up in the Playstore like it installed it for some reason..
(2023-03-10, 08:30)jepsizofye Wrote:
(2023-03-10, 08:23)martinsvision Wrote: Keep shutting off auto update but I think when the store updates itself it reverts back 🤔 maybe ? It's got me twice now. Figures to the last back up I made was months ago and made a bunch of changes and now I have to redo...

simple solution: dont use the play store to install it

https://mirrors.kodi.tv/releases/android/arm64-v8a

( strange link behavior, clicking from forum=403 ... you can get there by here https://www.google.com/search?q=kodi+matrix+v8a )
Unfortunately installing it from outside of the Google Play Store (I install from my own Unlinked store) does not prevent it from showing up in the Google Play Store for some reason. I dropped back to Matrix from Nexus on both my Nvidia Shields due to crash issues with Nexus using my Unlinked store (not the Google Play Store) and on both Shields I still have to keep auto app update turned off because Kodi shows up in the Google Play Store anyway.
That is a strange one. I dropped back to Matrix a bit over a month ago on both my Shields and turned off auto app update and have never had an issue on either.
hmm play store shouldnt be updating sideloaded apps, i dont remember the last time i actually verified thats the case though
(2023-03-10, 16:23)jepsizofye Wrote: hmm play store shouldnt be updating sideloaded apps, i dont remember the last time i actually verified thats the case though

It definitely should not and it is a bit annoying. I think the issue is most sideloaded apps, at least the ones I use except Kodi, aren't actually in the Google Play Store. Kodi is the only app that I have ever seen do this but again, it's the only sideloaded app that I use that is also in the Google Play Store.
(2023-03-08, 15:06)wags1 Wrote:
(2023-03-08, 11:38)martinsvision Wrote: Anyone on Android up and running yet ? Should i keep waiting?

There is a post here indicating that one of the recent nightlies has resolved the issues. I have seen no confirmation that it really fixes the issue(s) though so at this point I'm still going to wait for a Nexus point release before I test again on one of my Shields.
@wags1 I  installed the latest March 10th. version from the link you provided on 2 (two) Nvidia Shields Pro 2019. I am running updated Kodi Nexus with SHS and SHW activated for past ~ 3 hours with no crashes at all. There is only 1 caveat,  when exited from Kodi and immediately restarting it, Kodi crashes but if I wait ~ 10-15 seconds and then restart, no crash. I browsed through menus, played music for more than hour, so far so good. One common issue I find is when I add new TV Show and run Update Library from TV Shows menu, "TMDB TV SHOWS" does not recognize new  show and does not add it to library. I need to go to Settings --> Media--> Videos --> TV Shows and manually activate new show by "CHANGE CONTENT". This condition is not related to Kodi crashing but to Kodi Nexus. In Matrix this worked just fine but is broken in Nexus.
Linux Mint 21.3 (Edge) "Virginia", Cinnamon DE
NVIDIA Shield Pro, OMV NAS,  Fractal Design Define R5 Case
Kodi "Omega", FreeBSD "pfSense Plus" Firewall/Router
(2023-03-10, 17:15)andrzejls Wrote:
(2023-03-08, 15:06)wags1 Wrote:
(2023-03-08, 11:38)martinsvision Wrote: Anyone on Android up and running yet ? Should i keep waiting?

There is a post here indicating that one of the recent nightlies has resolved the issues. I have seen no confirmation that it really fixes the issue(s) though so at this point I'm still going to wait for a Nexus point release before I test again on one of my Shields.
@wags1 I  installed the latest March 10th. version from the link you provided on 2 (two) Nvidia Shields Pro 2019. I am running updated Kodi Nexus with SHS and SHW activated for past ~ 3 hours with no crashes at all. There is only 1 caveat,  when exited from Kodi and immediately restarting it, Kodi crashes but if I wait ~ 10-15 seconds and then restart, no crash. I browsed through menus, played music for more than hour, so far so good. One common issue I find is when I add new TV Show and run Update Library from TV Shows menu, "TMDB TV SHOWS" does not recognize new  show and does not add it to library. I need to go to Settings --> Media--> Videos --> TV Shows and manually activate new show by "CHANGE CONTENT". This condition is not related to Kodi crashing but to Kodi Nexus. In Matrix this worked just fine but is broken in Nexus.
Thanks, that is encouraging. Hopefully it will all be included in the point release for Nexus if/when it gets released. I’m holding out for that rather than install nightlies.
UPDATE #2 - This will update the skin to v1.0.0.2

Image Additions
  • I added Patriotic, St. Patrick's Day and Easter as options to the Visual Effects. Thanks to martinvision for the request!
  • I added IMAX enhanced to the resolution flags. If you add "imax-enhanced" to your video filename the logo will display. Thanks to sw00sh for the request!

Image Bug fixes
  • I had to tweak the code again to distinguish between the "SHOW ARTIST ON TOP AS" and "DIALOGUE TOP ART" settings. Thanks to Lammoth for reporting the bug!
  • The studio icon was only displaying the white icon in the video player media flags.
  • The Video Calibration was not working. Thanks to dakh for reporting the bug!

There is also an update to the Colored Resolution add-on available in my repo.
hi, can you put in skin a button to activate and deactivate a script i found ,,script.black.bars.never,, is very util in my opinion?
@latts9923  The theme automation is broken because xbmc.translatepath is no longer a supported function in nexus. I did the footwork on this and found that it's now supported under xbmcvfs; so all scripts in the theme automation function were needing to be updated to support the new module and a few lines for copying settings files need to be updated in each file. I have updated all my files and uploaded them to a gitrepo, you can copy them and merge them with the master files to support the new way of doing it.

link to the repo i created for this 
https://github.com/Shredder5262/Kodi-Aeo...Automation

NOTE: I am not now nor will i ever claim to be a python developer, I just do things and i know shit.
Kodi ver.19.1  Aeon MQ 8 Matrix Mod Windows 10 
@daniko
I'll take a look at the add-on and see what I can do.

@Shredder_guitar
Yeah, I updated all the scripts as well when I first started working on the Nexus mods. They are available to download in the first post of the thread.
Thanks!
  • 12(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aeon MQ 8 for Nexus Mod0