• 45(current)
Mod Aeon MQ 9 Multi-Mod for Kodi 20 (Nexus)
@wags1,
Great, thanks for the suggestion to try on the SHS thread. I will do that.
Moving the file to another location didn't seem to help at all. Still the same issue
Best
(2023-10-17, 15:27)thesabear Wrote: @wags1
I am running on my Linux laptop (Fedora) and saving to the default location i.e /home/user/.kodi/addons/temp and so there should not be any permissions issue, right?
Thanks for such a quick reply
I am running both Mint and Endeavour OS. Make yourself settings backup directory on one of the shared drives and make sure Kodi has access to that drive and directory. "temp" directory is, by definition, bad choice for any backup or permanent storage, hense "temp".
Linux Mint 21.3 (Edge) "Virginia", Cinnamon DE
NVIDIA Shield Pro, OMV NAS,  Fractal Design Define R5 Case
Kodi "Omega", FreeBSD "pfSense Plus" Firewall/Router
@thesabear One other thing to check. Make sure you are running the latest versions of SHS (1.20.0) and SHSSB (1.0.22).
@latts9923, thanks for adding theMQ Video Info view. A real eyecatcher.

The Rotten Tomatoes values (%, reviews, ratings) and Metacritic values, are these values dynamic or static? When dynamic, do you have any idea how often these values are being refreshed?

I'm not seeing the number of reviews for the first Rotten Tomato item, only the percentage. Is there an explanation for this?

Windows 11 Pro
Kodi 21 - Aeon MQ7/MQ9 Omega Mod
Kodi 20.5 - Aeon MQ9 Nexus Mod

Android - Beelink GT King
Kodi 21 - Aeon MQ7 Omega Mod
Kodi Maven Fork 21 - Aeon MQ7 Omega Mod

CoreELEC - Beelink GT King

@wags1
You're welcome!

@andrzejls
Like you said, the "+ICONS" setting controls what image you see in the panel on the bottom right. The panel has four settings...manual panel, automatic panel, panel always visible, and panel off. It all seems to be working as intended.

@MB1968
1. I'll try the seekbar on my Fire TV Cube and see what happens.
2. It was a quick fix for the actor alphabet bar...just an ID mismatch.
3. I'll look at the Chinese flag again.
4. You're welcome for the new Video Info screen. If you use NFOs and you have the rating info included in your NFO, they will of course be static. If the ratings are missing in your NFO, the skin uses Skin Helper...and I'm not sure how often that gets updated. Might have to ask on the Skin Helper thread. The Rotten Tomatoes reviews should work for the movie in your screenshot. You might have to delete your simplecache and let it repopulate.

@_Mike_
1. I don't see discart in the main menu. Which view are you using where you're seeing the discart problem? I do see a small section cut off of the discart on the left side in the original Video Info.
2. I'll take a look at discart for Concerts in the original Video Info.
3 & 4. I'll take a look at that view.

@Spitzbube1984
You can use those cases for other views, but it would take some tweaking of the code in each view.
Hello @latts9923.
Regarding the first point, I meant discart, of course (not сdart). This problem is visible in any views where discart appears (views 1,4,8,9,11,12,18,36 - this is for concerts), and also in the original info sreen. And as I already said, this was originally in this skin and it’s not critical, I just decided to point it out.
For clarity, I specially drew two images of size 500 and 1000 as an example. As you can see in the main menu (view 08), cropping occurs along the circumference of the entire disk (in the added Aeon MQ 8 Video Info screen the discart is shown without cropping).
As I understand it, cropping is not done in pixels, but in some percentage of the original size of the art. That is, if the image is 1000 in size, then about 20 pixels from the radius are cropped, and with 500, about 10 pixels are cropped. Therefore, the smaller the size of the discart, the less noticeable it is (I just make discarts myself and I see it well).

@latts9923

Wow, thanks for adding back the more detailed "MQ Video Info view." Can you add a lines off or on option?
If not, ok. Great option to use the MQ Video Info view or the new view. 

Thanks!
(2023-10-18, 13:32)latts9923 Wrote: @andrzejls
Like you said, the "+ICONS" setting controls what image you see in the panel on the bottom right. The panel has four settings...manual panel, automatic panel, panel always visible, and panel off. It all seems to be working as intended.
@latts9923.  I might have not been precise in my description. in View Type=36, FIXED LIST not selected, PANEL: MANUAL PANEL, ICONS POSTER, "+ICONS" PREFER: CLEARLOGO. Because list of shows (POSTER) is shown across the bottom of the screen from left to the right, CLEARLOGO is covered by TV SHOWS POSTERS, therefore not visible.
@_Mike_
I follow you now. I'll take a look at the discart code.

@melons2
You're welcome! Sure, I can add a button to control the separator lines.

@andrzejls
OK...with the settings you posted you have to hit up to see the panel (which includes the image controlled by the "+ICONS" setting). Since that image is tied to the panel setting, I'll have to take a look at the code.
(2023-10-18, 13:32)latts9923 Wrote: @MB1968
4. You're welcome for the new Video Info screen. If you use NFOs and you have the rating info included in your NFO, they will of course be static. If the ratings are missing in your NFO, the skin uses Skin Helper...and I'm not sure how often that gets updated. Might have to ask on the Skin Helper thread. The Rotten Tomatoes reviews should work for the movie in your screenshot. You might have to delete your simplecache and let it repopulate.

I've deleted all ratings in my nfo's since these values are already outdated as soon as Kodi exports the nfo files. Since I'm using local art and local actor images, I have also deleted all url referrals. My current movie nfo files are future proof. Instead I'm using a parser nfo for my movies. I'm still considering what the best solution is for tv shows, since parser nfo's don't work for episodes.

I prefer to see the IMDB ratings in Kodi and I'm using the Light IMDB update addon. Unfortunately there's no similar addon available yet to obtain the most current TMDB ratings. Do I understand correctly that the Skin Helper addon is also able to retrieve the TMDB rating in the Video Info screen, when the TMDB rating is missing in the Kodi database? I've deleted simplecache.db ,but unfortunately the Rotten Tomatoes reviews are still missing.
Windows 11 Pro
Kodi 21 - Aeon MQ7/MQ9 Omega Mod
Kodi 20.5 - Aeon MQ9 Nexus Mod

Android - Beelink GT King
Kodi Maven Fork 21 - Aeon MQ7 Omega Mod

CoreELEC - Beelink GT King

(2023-10-19, 13:19)latts9923 Wrote: @andrzejls
OK...with the settings you posted you have to hit up to see the panel (which includes the image controlled by the "+ICONS" setting). Since that image is tied to the panel setting, I'll have to take a look at the code.
@latts9923 thanks, you are the best.
UPDATE #7

Image Bug fixes
  • I introduced a scrolling problem to the Top Menu when I added the alphabet scrollbar to actors for View Type-18. Thanks to andrzejls for reporting the bug!
  • If you switched to the MQ 8 Video Info screen, Music Videos were displaying the title twice if "SHOW TITLE ON TOP AS:" was set to "LOGO". If you're using the MQ 8 Video Info screen, you'll need to switch to the default and back to MQ 8 for the fix to work. Thanks to martinsvision for reporting the bug!
Hello! And thank you for the update but what about zoom code. You have said that you will take a look. I don't want to be rude i just want to know if is any possibility to bring back zoom mode from mq8 theme.
@marius37bv
The latest update was a quick fix for the problem I introduced with the alphabet scrollbar to actors for View Type-18. I will take a look at the zoom code when I can. I have a list of requests and mods that I want to add. It takes me some time to get to all these as I work on this in my free time.
i appreciate your work and i respect what you do. there is no rush . whenever you have time . i apologize if i have offended you!
  • 45(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aeon MQ 9 Multi-Mod for Kodi 20 (Nexus)0