• 75(current)
Mod Aeon MQ 9 Multi-Mod for Kodi 20 (Nexus)
UPDATE #21 - NEW SKIN WITH UPDATED VERSION # 1.6.1

There is a new skin named "AEON MQ 9 - NEXUS MOD" available in my repo. This has all the previous updates in this thread as well as the updates posted below. Once you install this skin, you will see two MQ 9 skins in your add-ons..."AEON MQ 9" and "AEON MQ 9 - NEXUS MOD". To keep your settings intact, you can copy your settings.xml from "skin.aeonmq9" into "skin.aeonmq9.nexus.mod". After that step is complete, export your skin settings (SKIN SETTINGS > RESTORE SETTINGS > EXPORT SKIN SETTINGS). There are new settings in this update, so the next step is to reset the skin and then import the latest settings export. This should get all the required settings added to your settings.xml file. After you have confirmed that all is well, you can uninstall the "AEON MQ 9" skin. All future updates will be for the "AEON MQ 9 - NEXUS MOD". If you run into any trouble, please let me know. The scripts and favorites downloads have also been updated in the first post.

Image Additions
  • I added code to the MQ 8 Video Info screen to use ListItem.Country (like the media flag code) first, and then use Skin Helper to display the flag if ListItem.Country is missing.
  • I added code to the KodiFlix and KodiFlixTV views to match the rest of the views and display either clearart or clearlogo based on your skin settings. I also changed the "SHOW LOGO" button in the Top Menu to now display as "SHOW CLEARART/CLEARLOGO AS TITLE".
  • I added code to the Video OSD to display the title/artwork and tagline/episode info. There is a new Top Menu item under "ORGANIZE" named "FULLSCREEN TOP ART". I also changed the label from "LOGO" to "ARTWORK" for "SHOW TITLE ON TOP AS:". Thanks to daniko for the request!
  • I added a button named "SHOW DISCART IN MEDIA INFO" in the OSD MENU for the player controls. This controls the discart that slides down from the top of the screen if you have "MEDIA INFO IN OSD MENU" enabled. Thanks to daniko for the request!

Image Bug fixes
  • The clearart/clearlogo was not displaying for Episodes in some views. Thanks to andrzejls for reporting the bug!
  • The grab fanart background and title were not displaying for video playlists. Thanks to woggs for reporting the bug!

ImageMaintenance
  • The scrollbar for the left window in File Manager is now located on the left edge of the screen. Thanks to MB1968 for the change!
  • I reduced the pointer size dimensions from 96 to 42. Thanks to Juan Mortyme for the suggestion!
Thanks @latts9923. The problem I've had for some time now is that installing from your repository is next to impossible. For example, tonight as a test, I downloaded and installed the repository from scratch (after uninstalling the previous version). However when I install a skin, (doesn't matter MQ9 or MQ9 - Mod) installation just freezes. It sticks at 0% or 2%. Been running the install now for about 45 minutes, still stuck at 2%. Hence I'm still running update 13. It's not my internet connection as that is approx. 947 mbps download. I'm using a Nvidia Shield pro. I've tried downloading other skins (for example Arctic Fuse and Titan Bingie mod) and they download and install from their repositories in a couple of minutes. Am I missing something?
@Chalklands I have the same issue. I just dl the zip file using the link in post 1 and install from zip. Been doing that for a long time on both my Shields. Works fine.
@Chalklands
The installation getting stuck is a known bug in the core MQ9 code since the beginning, nothing to do with the Mod. If you hit the "Backspace" key a half dozen times it should unlock and finish the install. I'm pretty sure this only effects clean first time installs of the skin and not updates.
"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." - Hunter S. Thompson
Using: Windows 10 Pro | Kodi 21.0 + Aeon MQ7 Multi-Mod 1.0.2 | Kodi 21.0  + Aeon MQ9 Multi-Mod 1.2.7
(2024-02-16, 22:01)Juan Mortyme Wrote: @Chalklands
The installation getting stuck is a known bug in the core MQ9 code since the beginning, nothing to do with the Mod. If you hit the "Backspace" key a half dozen times it should unlock and finish the install. I'm pretty sure this only effects clean first time installs of the skin and not updates.
Ah, OK, I'll give it a go! (58% now!)
Thanks for your help guys. All seems to be fine now!
It effects updates as well, at least on both my Shields. As I said in my previous post, I just dl the zip file from post 1 and install from zip. It’s much faster for me.
@Juan Mortyme
@wags1
So the default version of MQ 9 in the Kodi repo hangs during installation, but not other skins?
@latts9923 Good question but I don’t use any other skins…😁
(2024-02-15, 13:58)latts9923 Wrote: @agungdeppe
You followed the correct steps. It should display as "AEON MQ 9" in the repo. With the next update, I will bump the version to v1.6.1. If you download and manually install the skin from the first post, it should show as "Mod version 20 by Latts". It sounds like your zip file is not the latest download.

oopss..Yes, my mistake.. 😅🙏
I forgot to replace the old one in my android box.
it's ok now, shows "Mod version 20 by Latts" 
thanks..👍

*after this post, just knowing that there's an update to #21..😅
@wags1
LOL...good one. Well, can you try something for me with one of your Shields? Try installing the skin Aeon Tajo and see if you have the same problem as MQ 9.

@agungdeppe
Haha...just when you think you're caught up.
@latts9923 So I dl'ed and installed Aeon Tajo from the Kodi repo and it completed in under 40 seconds (dl and install). Then I tried dl'ing the latest Aeon MQ9 Mod from your repo. After 5 minutes it had only dl'ed about 9 M so I stopped it (my net dl speed is 200). That does line up with my experience trying to do it from your repo (manual or auto-update). Dl'ing the zip file to my laptop using the link from post 1 takes less than 30 sec.
@wags1
Thanks for trying this out. How about the original MQ 9 in the Kodi repo. Does it hang up on downloading like the mod does?
@latts9923 dl’ed and installed in about 20 sec.
@wags1
Hmm...so it sounds like something I added in the mod is causing this download problem.
  • 75(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aeon MQ 9 Multi-Mod for Kodi 20 (Nexus)0