• 39(current)
Mod Aeon MQ 9 Mod for Kodi 21 (Omega)
@Min2001
@knarf2570
Doh...you're right. I'll get another update out to fix the missing parentheses. They need to be fixed in Includes.xml and MainMenu.xml as well.

@Gilogo
My MQ 8 Extended Info button is working just fine. I ran into a problem similar to yours in the Matrix version of the MQ 8 Video Info button and had to tweak it to make it work. I may have to do the same for the Extended Info button...more to follow.

@knarf2570
I'm sorry you and some others are having trouble with the latest update. I don't think these missing parentheses are causing the problem, but I'll get another update out ASAP to hopefully remedy the situation.
(2024-05-13, 11:00)andrzejls Wrote: @knarf2570 Your situation might be related to Windows 11. Kodi, for some reason, behave differently on different platforms.  I am using Nvidia Shields Pro 2019. Yes, you are correct saying that in order to use restore you need to be in Kodi. What I do is I clear Kodi "Data" which brings me to Kodi "vanilla" state then just add "Backup" add-on, restart Kodi and run "backup" restore. That brings me back to the last, good Kodi install.

Okay, regardless of my current problem, this was helpful. I didn't know about the backup addon, so I didn't know that I could use it to restore a complete backup of the settings.

Unfortunately, I only made a backup of the skin settings and then I have to manually switch to the MQ9 skin (even if it is already installed with restored settings) and then the configuration loop starts again for me. Even a complete reinstallation of Kodi (including cleaning all settings) doesn't get me anywhere. I guess I'll have to wait until Latts fixes the problem. Because I also installed version 1.23 via the repo and therefore I don't have a functional older ZIP file.
A procedure that I will adapt - regardless of this problem.
Thanks anyway for your help.
(2024-05-13, 13:15)latts9923 Wrote: @Min2001
@knarf2570
Doh...you're right. I'll get another update out to fix the missing parentheses. They need to be fixed in Includes.xml and MainMenu.xml as well.

@Gilogo
My MQ 8 Extended Info button is working just fine. I ran into a problem similar to yours in the Matrix version of the MQ 8 Video Info button and had to tweak it to make it work. I may have to do the same for the Extended Info button...more to follow.

@knarf2570
I'm sorry you and some others are having trouble with the latest update. I don't think these missing parentheses are causing the problem, but I'll get another update out ASAP to hopefully remedy the situation.
Don't worry about it. And there is absolutely no need for an apology. You provide us with the skin free of charge with a lot of effort and mistakes can happen. You certainly have a life outside of Kodi and the skin and that comes first.

Unfortunately you are right. I installed the skin again via the repo and added the missing brackets to line 60 of the MainMenu.xml. I didn't find any obvious lines elsewhere and in the Includes.xml. The problem remains.

If the error is more complex or you can't find the time to fix it, it would be very helpful for me if you could temporarily provide me with version 1.23 as a ZIP for download so that I can continue to use the skin and don't have to use the standard skin. Unfortunately I can only download the current version from your repo.
(2024-05-13, 14:53)knarf2570 Wrote:
(2024-05-13, 13:15)latts9923 Wrote: If the error is more complex or you can't find the time to fix it, it would be very helpful for me if you could temporarily provide me with version 1.23 as a ZIP for download so that I can continue to use the skin and don't have to use the standard skin. Unfortunately I can only download the current version from your repo.
@knarf2570 Send me private message and provide your emali, so I can send you 1.2.3 zip.
Linux Mint 21.3 (Edge) "Virginia", Cinnamon DE
NVIDIA Shield Pro, OMV NAS,  Fractal Design Define R5 Case
Kodi "Omega", FreeBSD "pfSense Plus" Firewall/Router
(2024-05-13, 18:59)andrzejls Wrote:
(2024-05-13, 13:15)latts9923 Wrote: If the error is more complex or you can't find the time to fix it, it would be very helpful for me if you could temporarily provide me with version 1.23 as a ZIP for download so that I can continue to use the skin and don't have to use the standard skin. Unfortunately I can only download the current version from your repo.
@knarf2570 Send me private message and provide your emali, so I can send you 1.2.3 zip.
Thanks, but according to this thread .... https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=377380
Quote:No it's not, as it's part of the forum set-up.
You'll notice your user is a "Newbie" account. When that changes, that's the indicator that your account has automatically upgraded.
We don't advertise it as it's an anti-spam measure, and in most cases the users don't read the docs anyway.
I am not authorized to send PMs as a "newbie". I can't find the function at the moment either.
@knarf2570
I'll upload v1.2.3 back to my webspace as soon as I get home. I'll try to get a new v1.2.5 posted this evening.
(2024-05-13, 19:20)knarf2570 Wrote:
(2024-05-13, 18:59)andrzejls Wrote:
Thanks, but according to this thread .... https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=377380
You'll notice your user is a "Newbie" account. When that changes, that's the indicator that your account has automatically upgraded.
We don't advertise it as it's an anti-spam measure, and in most cases the users don't read the docs anyway.
I am not authorized to send PMs as a "newbie". I can't find the function at the moment either.
@knarf2570 I sent you an email with my info.
(2024-05-13, 19:32)latts9923 Wrote: @knarf2570
I'll upload v1.2.3 back to my webspace as soon as I get home. I'll try to get a new v1.2.5 posted this evening.
@latts9923 Super. We can always count on you.Thanks!
(2024-05-13, 19:33)andrzejls Wrote:
(2024-05-13, 19:20)knarf2570 Wrote:
(2024-05-13, 18:59)andrzejls Wrote: @knarf2570 Send me private message and provide your emali, so I can send you 1.2.3 zip.
@knarf2570 I sent you an email with my info.
Thank you - answered you, but if Latts proided the zip via his webspace, that is more than sufficient for me.
(2024-05-13, 19:32)latts9923 Wrote: @knarf2570

Thanks, mate.

If you make the 1.23 zip available for download, that's more than sufficient for me.
I think the reintroduction of the Multiplex from MQ8 in the video library is more than great, but I can wait a few days for that :-)
(2024-05-13, 13:15)latts9923 Wrote: ...

@Gilogo

@latts9923,
I went ahead and updated my Linux PC and everything installed correctly, no errors and and the skin reset finish in a very timely matter, so I went back to windows, deleted the skin and reinstalled it again but this time from the .zip file that I downloaded from your repository.
The config went smoothly, percentage on the red circle went fast from 10% to 100% really quick.
Reset it back to default settings but this time I personalized it from scratch and not from the skin settings backup, so far it seems to be working correctly.
I had the same issue as others have mentioned here before where it takes too long to download, but only on my windows machines, on Linux it downloads and installs very fast.
As you probably know, I prefer your MQ7 mod for many reasons but now that you have integrated multiplex view I will give this skin more "use".
Again, I cannot thank you enough for all of your hard work and generosity.
Sincerely,
Gilogo.
¡¿Beg your pardon?!... english is not my mother tongue, please bear with me...
Kodi V. Nexus and Omega, Aeon MQ 7 Nexus and Omega & Aeon MQ 8 Nexus and Omega Modded by @latts9923
ECE, MCS.
(2024-05-13, 21:33)Gilogo Wrote: I had the same issue as others have mentioned here before where it takes too long to download, but only on my windows machines, on Linux it downloads and installs very fast.

@latts9923
So the problem could actually be related to the operating system. Maybe with the location of the Userdata folder in Windows?
Windows %APPDATA%\Kodi\userdata

Could %APPDATA% be the problem? In my installation the folder is in the default location - so it is not redirected:
C:\Users\[USERNAME]\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata

I have admin rights on the PC I'm running it on.
If anything needs to be tested on Windows (11 - x64) after the release of 1.25, I am happy to help.
@Gilogo
You're welcome!

@knarf2570
Here's a link for v1.2.3.

My Krypton userdata is located at C:\Users\[USERNAME]\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata. All builds after that are portable installs. I have v1.2.5 ready to upload...just need to complete the Matrix and Nexus versions and it will be ready to rock.
UPDATE #24 - This will update the skin to v1.2.5

Image Bug fixes
  • There were missing parentheses in the new animated menu bar code. Thanks to Min2001 for reporting this!
(2024-05-13, 21:47)knarf2570 Wrote:
(2024-05-13, 21:33)Gilogo Wrote: I had the same issue as others have mentioned here before where it takes too long to download, but only on my windows machines, on Linux it downloads and installs very fast.

@latts9923
So the problem could actually be related to the operating system. Maybe with the location of the Userdata folder in Windows?
Windows %APPDATA%\Kodi\userdata

Could %APPDATA% be the problem? In my installation the folder is in the default location - so it is not redirected:
C:\Users\[USERNAME]\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata

I have admin rights on the PC I'm running it on.
If anything needs to be tested on Windows (11 - x64) after the release of 1.25, I am happy to help.

Hello all,
%APPDATA%\Kodi\... is the correct nomenclature for windows oses on a non-portable software install.
I believe it is the way Kodi handles RAM allocation with large files, caché and temp data structure... As you can see, the skin's file it is almost 370MB.
IMHO, and looking at my OS' logs, there is some pre data allocation between both the system's temp and Kodi's temp folders... but then again it is just my 2 cents.
What I have done to make this process easier is to manually download the file via the link in the first post by Latts9923 and then placing the .zip file under %APPDATA%\Kodi\addons\packages once I start Kodi, it notifies me that there is an update and I manually apply it. (I have Kodi to notify and NOT download updates automatically).
I second @knarf2570 with anything I can help with.
Best regards,
Gilogo.
¡¿Beg your pardon?!... english is not my mother tongue, please bear with me...
Kodi V. Nexus and Omega, Aeon MQ 7 Nexus and Omega & Aeon MQ 8 Nexus and Omega Modded by @latts9923
ECE, MCS.
  • 39(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aeon MQ 9 Mod for Kodi 21 (Omega)0