• 6(current)
Mod Multi-Mod installation for MQ 7 and MQ 7 Spin
(2016-12-04, 15:30)latts9923 Wrote:
(2016-12-04, 13:08)Blackysb Wrote: Hi, great mod, many thanks. I only have one problem, when in layout 4 when playing music the spinning cd is transparent but I can see the writing spinning.

Thanks! I don't use KODI to play music. I'll have to pass this on to someone else.

ok Thanks
(2016-12-04, 17:03)flowerpot Wrote: many thanks for your reply can you please advise what xml you are changing as i have look in aeon mq7 and spin at setting xml and i cannot see this in there thanks

This is from Settings.xml. Are you editing SkinSettings.xml?
(2016-12-05, 14:11)latts9923 Wrote:
(2016-12-04, 17:03)flowerpot Wrote: many thanks for your reply can you please advise what xml you are changing as i have look in aeon mq7 and spin at setting xml and i cannot see this in there thanks

This is from Settings.xml. Are you editing SkinSettings.xml?

many thanks for your reply yes i was looking at skin settings and not settings xml , ok in skin settings xml it looks like this
<item id="104">
<!-- Opcoes da skin -->
<label>31371</label>
<label2>31375</label2>
<property name="MainLabel">31396</property>
<property name="SubLabel">31397</property>
<icon>special://skin/backgrounds/extras/settings_skin.jpg</icon>
<onclick>ActivateWindow(skinsettings)</onclick>
</item>
</content>
</control>

do i have create another line and then add my own images i was just woundering about these numbers , do i have to add more numbers as i have never done this before thanks

<item id="104">
<label>31371</label>
<label2>31375</label2>
(2016-12-05, 15:13)flowerpot Wrote: <item id="104">
<!-- Opcoes da skin -->
<label>31371</label>
<label2>31375</label2>
<icon>special://skin/backgrounds/extras/settings_skin.jpg</icon>
<onclick>ActivateWindow(skinsettings)</onclick>
</item>
</content>
</control>

This code is part of Settings.xml, not SkinSettings.xml. Are you wanting to create another item on the Settings screen?

hi thanks for your reply what i would like to do is to create different categories on the main menu eg: kids etc allthough yes these can be done manually when you add a image and transfter the build to andoid the categories will show but not the image , so i was woundering if there was a way to add more categories to the main menu and still have the images by default so you dont have to manually keep putting in the images , when you install the skin it comes up with various categories and images i would like to add more so i can save the build and it would load up on my other device without doing it manually thanks
(2016-12-06, 13:31)flowerpot Wrote: hi thanks for your reply what i would like to do is to create different categories on the main menu eg: kids etc allthough yes these can be done manually when you add a image and transfter the build to andoid the categories will show but not the image , so i was woundering if there was a way to add more categories to the main menu and still have the images by default so you dont have to manually keep putting in the images , when you install the skin it comes up with various categories and images i would like to add more so i can save the build and it would load up on my other device without doing it manually thanks

OK, I think I got it. Edit IncludesMainMenu.xml and find this code...

Code:
<item>
<label fallback="31014">$VAR[value_menu15.label]</label>
<icon>$INFO[Skin.String(menu15.bg)]</icon>
<property name="composition">$INFO[Skin.String(menu15.composition)]</property>
<property name="colorcomposition">$INFO[Skin.String(menu15.colorcomposition)]</property>
<property name="condition">$INFO[Skin.String(menu15.visible)]</property>
<property name="name">menu15</property>
<property name="id">$VAR[value_menu15.id]</property>
<property name="subid">$VAR[value_menu15.subid]</property>
<property name="widgets">$INFO[Skin.String(menu15.widgets)]</property>
<property name="target">$INFO[Skin.String(menu15.target)]</property>
<property name="path">$INFO[Skin.String(menu15.path)]</property>
<property name="action">$VAR[value_menu15.action]</property>
<onclick>Skin.SetString(windowbg,$VAR[value_menubg])</onclick>
<onclick condition="Window.IsVisible(Home)">$VAR[value_menu15.action]</onclick>
<onclick condition="Window.IsVisible(6000)">SetFocus(5000)</onclick>
<visible>![IsEmpty(Skin.String(menu15.master)) | SubString(Skin.String(menu15.visible),off)] | Window.IsVisible(6000)</visible>
</item>

If this is where you have created the KIDS menu item, replace

Code:
<icon>$INFO[Skin.String(menu15.bg)]</icon>

with

Code:
<icon>special://home/userdata/backgrounds/settings_skin.jpg</icon>

or whatever special image path you would like to use and see if that works for you.
many thanks for your reply ok i have done this but still no image thanks

<label fallback="31014">$VAR[value_menu15.label]</label>
<icon>special://home/userdata/skin.aeonmq7.spin/pictures/Kids/</icon>
<property name="composition">$INFO[Skin.String(menu15.composition)]</property>
<property name="colorcomposition">$INFO[Skin.String(menu15.colorcomposition)]</property>
<property name="condition">$INFO[Skin.String(menu15.visible)]</property>
<property name="name">menu15</property>
<property name="id">$VAR[value_menu15.id]</property>
<property name="subid">$VAR[value_menu15.subid]</property>
<property name="widgets">$INFO[Skin.String(menu15.widgets)]</property>
<property name="target">$INFO[Skin.String(menu15.target)]</property>
<property name="path">$INFO[Skin.String(menu15.path)]</property>
<property name="action">$VAR[value_menu15.action]</property>
<onclick>Skin.SetString(windowbg,$VAR[value_menubg])</onclick>
<onclick condition="Window.IsVisible(Home)">$VAR[value_menu15.action]</onclick>
<onclick condition="Window.IsVisible(6000)">SetFocus(5000)</onclick>
<visible>![IsEmpty(Skin.String(menu15.master)) | SubString(Skin.String(menu15.visible),off)] | Window.IsVisible(6000)</visible>

settings xml

<setting id="menu15.bg" type="string">special://home/userdata/skin.aeonmq7.spin/pictures/Kids/</setting>

(2016-12-06, 19:56)flowerpot Wrote: <icon>special://home/userdata/skin.aeonmq7.spin/pictures/Kids/</icon>

I don't think you can use a folder. You have to specify an image like my example...

(2016-12-06, 20:24)latts9923 Wrote:
(2016-12-06, 19:56)flowerpot Wrote: <icon>special://home/userdata/skin.aeonmq7.spin/pictures/Kids/</icon>

I don't think you can use a folder. You have to specify an image like my example...

thanks for your reply i see so you cant multi images only single i will try again only with single image
i have posted in the old thread ,
Using latest krypton beta, none of the links in the OP will install from zip file, am on a mac, i have added a few dependencies to try and help like , skin helper , skin shortcuts , toolbox , but hasn't made any difference, i have MQ skin theme enabled .
OK realised I shouldn't be on krypton,
So i am on jarvis with a fresh MQ7 and the MQ theme installed , when i try all 3 zips.
Menu_bar
Multi_mod
Multi_mod spin.
none of them will install from zip file ?
(2016-12-09, 17:04)ontap Wrote: i have posted in the old thread ,
Using latest krypton beta, none of the links in the OP will install from zip file, am on a mac, i have added a few dependencies to try and help like , skin helper , skin shortcuts , toolbox , but hasn't made any difference, i have MQ skin theme enabled .
OK realised I shouldn't be on krypton,
So i am on jarvis with a fresh MQ7 and the MQ theme installed , when i try all 3 zips.
Menu_bar
Multi_mod
Multi_mod spin.
none of them will install from zip file ?

Hi, these mods must be manually installed. You can't use the "Install from Zip File" option in KODI.
thanks sir , just done that and i have strange looking interstellar vessels shooting across my set up Smile Smile
going to watch the rest of your vid , my backgrounds are still the MQ7 defaults atm ?
could anyone shed any light on this issue , to try and get the menu bar to show , i have been adding the suggested coding to "MQ7 skin, settings.xml then saving it , but when i open kodi theres no menu bar and the reason is because when i reopen the setting.xml file the code hasn't saved ? repeated this numerous times but it appears to be saved until i open kodi then it disappears ?
Am using n iMac.
OK the code isn't disappearing it is just slotting in further down the list when i close the age, so my lack of menu bar and a black screen where items should be isn't down to this , i have language in " appearance - international " set as english US.
(2016-12-09, 17:52)ontap Wrote: thanks sir , just done that and i have strange looking interstellar vessels shooting across my set up Smile Smile
going to watch the rest of your vid , my backgrounds are still the MQ7 defaults atm ?

Haha...may the force be with you.

If you have installed the Aeon MQ Theme Addon installed, you should be able to choose any of the Holiday themes.
(2016-12-09, 18:37)ontap Wrote: could anyone shed any light on this issue , to try and get the menu bar to show , i have been adding the suggested coding to "MQ7 skin, settings.xml then saving it , but when i open kodi theres no menu bar and the reason is because when i reopen the setting.xml file the code hasn't saved ? repeated this numerous times but it appears to be saved until i open kodi then it disappears ?
Am using n iMac.
OK the code isn't disappearing it is just slotting in further down the list when i close the age, so my lack of menu bar and a black screen where items should be isn't down to this , i have language in " appearance - international " set as english US.

Are you adding the line...

Code:
<setting id="mymenubar" type="string">mq7menubar</setting>

to the file Kodi\userdata\addon_data\skin.aeonmq7\settings.xml?
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Multi-Mod installation for MQ 7 and MQ 7 Spin1