• 174(current)
Mod Multi-Mod addition for the MQ 7 Krypton Mod
**PLEASE READ BEFORE UPDATING TO THE NEWEST VERSION OF THE COLORED MEDIA ICONS***

I finally figured out the problem I was having trying to update the add-on via my repo. There is something funky with the Textures.xbt file. Before updating to the new version I just uploaded (v0.1.4), please do the following...

1. Close Kodi
  2. Navigate to resource.images.mediaicons.coloured/resources and remove the Textures.xbt file.
  3. Download the new version from this link.
  4. Copy the Textures folder from the zip file into resource.images.mediaicons.coloured/resources.
  5. Now open Kodi and try to update to v0.1.4 via my repo.

This worked for me...let me know if it fails on your end.
@thesnodger
I'm just now seeing your post. Did you ever figure out the problem you were having?
UPDATE #90 - This will update the skin to v2.0.2.4

Image Additions
  • I added a new "HIDE FURNITURE AFTER 10 SECONDS" setting to the Music Viz settings. It is enabled by default.
  • I added the "BD/DVD CASES" control for the Right List view to Posterlite as well. If you change the case for one view it will also change the other. Thanks to movie78 for the request!
  • I added new studios to the white and colored icons with the following names...disney+, disney plus, apple tv, national geographic (uk), and hbo europe. Thanks to djhifi for the request!
  • I added the record label icon to all music viz layouts.
  • I added ".DolbyVision.", ".DoVi.", ".dv.", ".DV.", ".uhd.", and ".UHD." as optional filename extensions to display the 4K case. Thanks to ScratchInside for the request!
  • I added an "EXTENDED INFO" button to the Video Info screen. Thanks to Juan Mortyme for the request!
  • I added the ability to use the Library Editor add-on for Music Videos. If you open the context menu, you can now select "EDIT DATA".
  • I added the "DIALOGUE CASE ART:" button in the Top Menu to TV Shows.
  • I added code to support Canadian MPAA flags. Open IncludesVariables.xml and search for "BCFCO_A_Certificate_CA". You will see all the new Canadian ratings and all the available rating labels to use to display them. Thanks to Juan Mortyme for the images and the code!
  • I also added code to support Dutch MPAA flags. If you search for "nl_al" in IncludesVariables.xml you will see all the available rating labels to use to display them. This was added to MQ 8 some time back, but I never added this to MQ 7. Thanks to MB1968 for providing the flags!
  • I added code to display record labels instead of studio lables for Music Videos. The database entry will still be studio, but it will reference the record label icons.
  • I added code to display an IMAX icon for resolution if you use ".imax." in the video file name. Thanks to simomkd for the request!
  • I added code to display new videocodec icons. Add the following to your file names to display them...appletvplus, disneyplus, hbomax, hulu, netflix, prime. Thanks to simomkd for the request!
  • I added numerous studios to the colored and white studios. Here is the complete list...Apple Corps, CBS Consumer Products, CHCH TV, CHCH, CHUM TV, CHUM, City TV, CityTV, Clear Channel, ClearChannel, Frog Leap Studios, FrogLeap Studios, Global (CA), Global Television (CA), Global TV (CA), History (CA), History Channel (CA), Industry Works Pictures, IndustryWorks Pictures, Karbonshark, Knowledge Network (BC), Knowledge Network of BC, Knowledge Network of British Columbia, Kobalt, Lava Bear, National Film Board (CA), National Film Board of Canada, NFB (CA), One (CA), One TV (CA), OneTV (CA), Sepia Films, Smithsonian (CA), Smithsonian Channel (CA), Sports Channel New York, Sports Net (CA), Sportschannel New York, SportsNet (CA), Symettrica Entertainment, Two To Tangle Productions, UFO TV, UFO Video, Vice (CA), and WOR. Thanks to Juan Mortyme for the images!

Image Bug fixes
  • The logo/clearart was displaying in the Wide view while viewing artists. That was only meant to display for Movies or TV Shows. Thanks to Juan Mortyme for reporting the bug!
  • When you disable the "SHOW WEATHER EFFECTS" in SKIN SETTINGS > VISUAL EFFECTS it will now disable the "SHOW SUNNY ANIMATION" setting below it. Thanks to RB0135 for reporting the bug!
  • There were two images of the poster displaying for Music Videos in the Video Info screen. Thanks to Juan Mortyme for reporting the bug!
  • The far right separator was not displaying for Music Videos in the Video Info screen.
  • The "EXTRA KEYART" was not displaying for TV Shows in the Video Info screen.

ImageMaintenance
  • The setting "PUT PROGRESS INFORMATION IN VIEW" in Skin Settings has been renamed to "SHOW PROGRESS INFORMATION IN VIEW" and will now only control the percentage played icon for the Right List view. The watched flag is now only controlled by the "WATCHED LABEL" setting in the Top Menu.
  • I cleaned up the Video Info screen when viewing episodes.
  • I changed the code for TV Show studios to use the same code as Movie studios. If there are multiple studios in the database, the TV Show will display the first studio listed. Thanks to Juan Mortyme for the request!

There are updated versions of the following add-ons available on my Leia repo...Colored Media Icons, Colored Studio Icons, and White Studio Icons.
(2021-03-22, 00:43)latts9923 Wrote:
UPDATE #90 - This will update the skin to v2.0.2.4

Image Additions
  • I added a new "HIDE FURNITURE AFTER 10 SECONDS" setting to the Music Viz settings. It is enabled by default.
  • I added the "BD/DVD CASES" control for the Right List view to Posterlite as well. If you change the case for one view it will also change the other. Thanks to movie78 for the request!
  • I added new studios to the white and colored icons with the following names...disney+, disney plus, apple tv, national geographic (uk), and hbo europe. Thanks to djhifi for the request!
  • I added the record label icon to all music viz layouts.
  • I added ".DolbyVision.", ".DoVi.", ".dv.", ".DV.", ".uhd.", and ".UHD." as optional filename extensions to display the 4K case. Thanks to ScratchInside for the request!
  • I added an "EXTENDED INFO" button to the Video Info screen. Thanks to Juan Mortyme for the request!
  • I added the ability to use the Library Editor add-on for Music Videos. If you open the context menu, you can now select "EDIT DATA".
  • I added the "DIALOGUE CASE ART:" button in the Top Menu to TV Shows.
  • I added code to support Canadian MPAA flags. Open IncludesVariables.xml and search for "BCFCO_A_Certificate_CA". You will see all the new Canadian ratings and all the available rating labels to use to display them. Thanks to Juan Mortyme for the images and the code!
  • I also added code to support Dutch MPAA flags. If you search for "nl_al" in IncludesVariables.xml you will see all the available rating labels to use to display them. This was added to MQ 8 some time back, but I never added this to MQ 7. Thanks to MB1968 for providing the flags!
  • I added code to display record labels instead of studio lables for Music Videos. The database entry will still be studio, but it will reference the record label icons.
  • I added code to display an IMAX icon for resolution if you use ".imax." in the video file name. Thanks to simomkd for the request!
  • I added code to display new videocodec icons. Add the following to your file names to display them...appletvplus, disneyplus, hbomax, hulu, netflix, prime. Thanks to simomkd for the request!
  • I added numerous studios to the colored and white studios. Here is the complete list...Apple Corps, CBS Consumer Products, CHCH TV, CHCH, CHUM TV, CHUM, City TV, CityTV, Clear Channel, ClearChannel, Frog Leap Studios, FrogLeap Studios, Global (CA), Global Television (CA), Global TV (CA), History (CA), History Channel (CA), Industry Works Pictures, IndustryWorks Pictures, Karbonshark, Knowledge Network (BC), Knowledge Network of BC, Knowledge Network of British Columbia, Kobalt, Lava Bear, National Film Board (CA), National Film Board of Canada, NFB (CA), One (CA), One TV (CA), OneTV (CA), Sepia Films, Smithsonian (CA), Smithsonian Channel (CA), Sports Channel New York, Sports Net (CA), Sportschannel New York, SportsNet (CA), Symettrica Entertainment, Two To Tangle Productions, UFO TV, UFO Video, Vice (CA), and WOR. Thanks to Juan Mortyme for the images!

Image Bug fixes
  • The logo/clearart was displaying in the Wide view while viewing artists. That was only meant to display for Movies or TV Shows. Thanks to Juan Mortyme for reporting the bug!
  • When you disable the "SHOW WEATHER EFFECTS" in SKIN SETTINGS > VISUAL EFFECTS it will now disable the "SHOW SUNNY ANIMATION" setting below it. Thanks to RB0135 for reporting the bug!
  • There were two images of the poster displaying for Music Videos in the Video Info screen. Thanks to Juan Mortyme for reporting the bug!
  • The far right separator was not displaying for Music Videos in the Video Info screen.
  • The "EXTRA KEYART" was not displaying for TV Shows in the Video Info screen.

ImageMaintenance
  • The setting "PUT PROGRESS INFORMATION IN VIEW" in Skin Settings has been renamed to "SHOW PROGRESS INFORMATION IN VIEW" and will now only control the percentage played icon for the Right List view. The watched flag is now only controlled by the "WATCHED LABEL" setting in the Top Menu.
  • I cleaned up the Video Info screen when viewing episodes.
  • I changed the code for TV Show studios to use the same code as Movie studios. If there are multiple studios in the database, the TV Show will display the first studio listed. Thanks to Juan Mortyme for the request!

There are updated versions of the following add-ons available on my Leia repo...Colored Media Icons, Colored Studio Icons, and White Studio Icons.

Hi Latts,

I'm having the same issue as @thesnodger.  Also after updating to your latest version and followed exact your instructions to install Media Colored Icons, most of the media icons are gone as shown in the below picture.  

Thanks,
tad61
There is a problem with Colored Media Icons v0.1.4. I copied the entire Textures folder into resource.images.mediaicons.coloured/resources by mistake. I will fix it later today, but for now move everything in the Textures folder up a directory into resources.
(2021-03-22, 13:45)latts9923 Wrote: There is a problem with

Do you really need to use a braille font for your posts..?
@Klojum
Do you mean bold?
(2021-03-22, 13:45)latts9923 Wrote: There is a problem with Colored Media Icons v0.1.4. I copied the entire Textures folder into resource.images.mediaicons.coloured/resources by mistake. I will fix it later today, but for now move everything in the Textures folder up a directory into resources.
Thanks, Latts.  It's working now for the media icons issue but did not solve the issue that @thesnodger described.  There are still icons and info missing (i.e. studio, Oscar, reviews, etc..) as you can see in the pictures below.
Do you have any ideas what was wrong?

Thanks,
tad61
(2021-03-22, 18:06)latts9923 Wrote: @Klojum
Do you mean bold?

Yes, and a bigger default font, as in
Code:
[ size=medium ][ b ]

It's a bit overkill compared to all other people's posts.
@tad61
You're welcome...the studio, Oscar, etc. is a Skin Helper or Metadata problem. What version of those add-ons do you have installed?

@Klojum
I normally use the default font. I was just alerting everyone in the thread that there was a problem. If that's frowned upon I will cease to do so.
(2021-03-22, 19:06)latts9923 Wrote: @tad61
You're welcome...the studio, Oscar, etc. is a Skin Helper or Metadata problem. What version of those add-ons do you have installed?

@Klojum
I normally use the default font. I was just alerting everyone in the thread that there was a problem. If that's frowned upon I will cease to do so.
Hi Latts,

Thanks for the clues.  I'm currently using Skin Helper Service version 1.1.31 and recently have problem updating the Metahandler to version 5.0.0.1.  It said something about failed dependency.
Any suggestions would be very appreciated.

tad61
@tad61
I'm using SHS v1.1.31 as well. What version of script.module.metadatautils are you using?

All,

There is a new version (0.1.5) of the Colored Media Icons on my repo that fixes the problem with the icons not displaying. My error...sorry.
(2021-03-23, 00:47)latts9923 Wrote: @tad61
I'm using SHS v1.1.31 as well. What version of script.module.metadatautils are you using?

All,

There is a new version (0.1.5) of the Colored Media Icons on my repo that fixes the problem with the icons not displaying. My error...sorry.
Hi Latts,

I'm using script.module.metadatautils version 1.0.37.  I think this is the latest.

Thanks,
tad61
(2021-03-23, 00:47)latts9923 Wrote: @tad61

All,

Hi Latts,

I forgot to mention that when I tried to update to version 0.1.5, it said "update failed".  I don't know what 
's happening now.  Need your help.

Thanks,
tad61
(2021-03-21, 20:27)latts9923 Wrote: @thesnodger
I'm just now seeing your post. Did you ever figure out the problem you were having?

Well, kind of! It's all working now but only via many combinations of trial and error.

1st thing I did was to revert to a Kodi backup I did last October (v2.0.1.3) and Skinhelper Service is v1.1.24 - if you need any the versions of any other addons running let me know. I would assume that all other scripts/addons will also be versions from 6 months ago.

TMM was also updated to version 4.1.2 last week so after I updated it I played with a few options in the new TMM universal scaper so that it was grabbing all the correct metadata. I then deleted all my existing NFO files (again!) and rescraped the entire collection. However I have to say that I don't think it was a metadata issue as some NFOs worked intermittently, i.e. after one clear out and refresh it worked, then on the next one it didn't.

Now here is some weird behaviour - and this is where I might have gone wrong...

1. If I delete the video and texturecache databases and then go into media settings, set the Movies source folder back to how it was and then say YES when it asks to update all files in the source >>> I get studio icons work, only SOME tomatometer ratings work.

2. If I delete the video and texturecache databases and then go into media settings, set the Movies source folder back to how it was and then say NO when it asks to update all files in the source, but then click the "update library" menu linkj >>> everything works

Another thing that I did was disable Artwork beef until I had added everything back into the library then ran it manually. What I noticed was that the disk light was flashing away for a good 20-30 mins after each import so perhaps Artwork beef stops another script from running?

Perhaps there are other files that I need to delete when I do a full library refresh?

This could all be a total coincidence but its working now so I'm leaving it as it is. I think some combo of all the above fixed it but right now I'm not 100% sure what that combo is.

However, if you want me to try updating to the new version and see if it still works I can. I will do a full backup then try the update so I can revert back again if it messes up.
Also, funnily enough I updated the textures file myself this weekend to include all those studio icons and also a few more, plus I added DTS-EX in codecs.

UPDATE: I just updated the skin to the latest version, plus modules and skin helper service all to latest and it breaks everything, for me at least.
  • 174(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Multi-Mod addition for the MQ 7 Krypton Mod4