• 149(current)
v18 Aeon MQ 7 Leia Mod
@MB1968
You're welcome! I added extrafanart to the songs view. It will be part of the next update.

@MrSmith2019
I made the change to KodiFlix. Thanks for the info!

@Vimmelthevampire
If you want to turn off the extrafanart, open the file IncludesMusic and find...

xml:

<control type="multiimage" id="5032">
<!-- Extra Fanart Artist/Album -->
<include>WindowBG</include>
<imagepath background="true">$INFO[Window(Home).Property(SkinHelper.ListItem.Art.ExtraFanArt)]</imagepath>
<visible>[Container.Content(artists) | Container.Content(albums)] + String.Contains(skin.string(musicfanart),extra)</visible>
</control>

You can remove artists or albums from the visible line to control the extrafanart. Is this what you're asking about?

@mohawkcr
You're welcome...glad to help!
(2020-08-20, 15:45)latts9923 Wrote: @MB1968
You're welcome! I added extrafanart to the songs view. It will be part of the next update.

@MrSmith2019
I made the change to KodiFlix. Thanks for the info!

@Vimmelthevampire
If you want to turn off the extrafanart, open the file IncludesMusic and find...

xml:

<control type="multiimage" id="5032">
<!-- Extra Fanart Artist/Album -->
<include>WindowBG</include>
<imagepath background="true">$INFO[Window(Home).Property(SkinHelper.ListItem.Art.ExtraFanArt)]</imagepath>
<visible>[Container.Content(artists) | Container.Content(albums)] + String.Contains(skin.string(musicfanart),extra)</visible>
</control>

You can remove artists or albums from the visible line to control the extrafanart. Is this what you're asking about?

@mohawkcr
You're welcome...glad to help!

That worked a treat, thanks latts, and thanks for the work you do on this mod. Where can I find the same in mq8 as there is no 'includes music' file in the XML's.
Thanks again.
(2020-08-20, 15:45)latts9923 Wrote: @MB1968

Excellent, thanks.
Windows 11 Pro
Kodi 21 - Aeon MQ7/MQ9 Omega Mod
Kodi 20.5 - Aeon MQ9 Nexus Mod

Android - Beelink GT King
Kodi 21 - Aeon MQ7 Omega Mod
Kodi Maven Fork 21 - Aeon MQ9 Omega Mod

CoreELEC - Beelink GT King
Kodi 21 - Aeon MQ7 Omega Mod

(2020-08-20, 08:25)Vimmelthevampire Wrote: OK. First download script.module.metadautils-1.0.19.018.zip (295kb) from anywhere you can get it.
In kodi, goto settings>system>addons>updates and change to notify, but don't install updates.
Then settlings>addons>install from zip file and navigate to the zip file, and install.
I'll assume you have local art already album cover (folder.jpg) disc (cdart.PNG) etc red with album track names, as I have.
Restart kodi so the old metadata module gets loaded, rescan music folders, push 'c' context menu on any album selected, hit artwork options, and Refresh ( auto lookup) and it should pull your local art in. Enjoy.

Thanks for the instructions.  Seems easy enough.  The main issue is I have been looking for two days for script.module.metadautils and all i can find is version 1.0.0........so if you have any idea where to get the version you said, any help would be appreciated!!  Thanks again!
@Vimmelthevampire
In the MQ 8 skin folder, open the file IncludesParams.xml and find...

xml:

<include name="media_backgrounds">

The fifth control down has a visible line like this...

xml:

<visible>![Container.Content(seasons) | Container.Content(episodes)] + [!String.IsEmpty(Window(home).Property(SkinHelper.ListItem.Art.ExtraFanArt)) + Window.IsActive(music) + String.Contains(skin.string(musicfanart),extra)] | [Container.Content(Sets) | String.Contains(ListItem.Path,videodb://movies/sets)] + String.Contains(skin.string(videofanart),extra) + $PARAM[visible]</visible>

The "Window.IsActive(music)" means that artists, albums, and songs all display the extrafanart.
When I play music and use layout 6 the cd appears but does not spin as it does in other layouts.
Is this how it is supposed to be or should it spin?

Thank you
(2020-08-20, 23:01)latts9923 Wrote: @Vimmelthevampire
In the MQ 8 skin folder, open the file IncludesParams.xml and find...

xml:

<include name="media_backgrounds">

The fifth control down has a visible line like this...

xml:

<visible>![Container.Content(seasons) | Container.Content(episodes)] + [!String.IsEmpty(Window(home).Property(SkinHelper.ListItem.Art.ExtraFanArt)) + Window.IsActive(music) + String.Contains(skin.string(musicfanart),extra)] | [Container.Content(Sets) | String.Contains(ListItem.Path,videodb://movies/sets)] + String.Contains(skin.string(videofanart),extra) + $PARAM[visible]</visible>

The "Window.IsActive(music)" means that artists, albums, and songs all display the extrafanart.

Thanks, worked OK.
Now to see if box still crashes running cinemagraphs as backgrounds while listening to Pink Floyd.
(2020-08-20, 20:57)mohawkcr Wrote:
(2020-08-20, 08:25)Vimmelthevampire Wrote: OK. First download script.module.metadautils-1.0.19.018.zip (295kb) from anywhere you can get it.
In kodi, goto settings>system>addons>updates and change to notify, but don't install updates.
Then settlings>addons>install from zip file and navigate to the zip file, and install.
I'll assume you have local art already album cover (folder.jpg) disc (cdart.PNG) etc red with album track names, as I have.
Restart kodi so the old metadata module gets loaded, rescan music folders, push 'c' context menu on any album selected, hit artwork options, and Refresh ( auto lookup) and it should pull your local art in. Enjoy.

Thanks for the instructions.  Seems easy enough.  The main issue is I have been looking for two days for script.module.metadautils and all i can find is version 1.0.0........so if you have any idea where to get the version you said, any help would be appreciated!!  Thanks again!

Yes, I got the .18 version from an addons club that probably can't be discussed here.
I know the .19 version is where it's behavior changed to how it is now. I started using AlexElec on another Android box and the latest version available there was .18, that's how I knew the metadata add-on was the problem with ignoring local album art.
Another curiosity, it would seem artwork beef can pull local art for album view, and the metadata module pulls art for the larger, modified now playing screen layouts 5,6,7, 3d etc.
And for these you scrape using artwork options in the context menu.
(2020-08-21, 08:31)Vimmelthevampire Wrote: Another curiosity, it would seem artwork beef can pull local art for album view, and the metadata module pulls art for the larger, modified now playing screen layouts 5,6,7, 3d etc.
And for these you scrape using artwork options in the
(2020-08-21, 08:31)Vimmelthevampire Wrote: context menu.

After I scrape the music using "Local Information Only" I go back and start to play the songs.  Most of the songs display the correctly, but about 15-20 percent wont display the cd art while the song is playing.  And if I am in layout 6 or 7, the album cover art is changed when the song is playing.  If I go to "artwork options, it says it is pulling the album art cover from http://coverartarchive.com instead of http://fanart.tv.  I dont have anything set to do anything with coverartarchive, so I have no idea where that is coming from.  Anyway, i manually fix the album cover and cd art through the manual option in "artwork options", and all is well.  The main problem is, unless I go over each song that I scraped into  the library and check it, I never know what songs will have this weird problem.  I can show you a photo of the difference In artworks I am seeing in layout 4 vs layout 6 if you like?  I don't mean to take up people's valuable time, so you guys helping me with this is greatly appreciated! 
Well for me, sitting pretty with all my local artwork scanned in, downgrading the metadata module worked.
I'll look into getting a Dropbox account and upload the correct zip file you need.
At 50 years old I've never uploaded anything to the net other than Facebook pictures or a CV.
I wonder if there's a way to send it on this forum?
(2020-08-21, 15:11)Vimmelthevampire Wrote: Well for me, sitting pretty with all my local artwork scanned in, downgrading the metadata module worked.
I'll look into getting a Dropbox account and upload the correct zip file you need.
At 50 years old I've never uploaded anything to the net other than Facebook pictures or a CV.

Something that small in size you could email me directly if you are comfortable with that?  I can PM you my email if you like?
(2020-08-21, 15:29)mohawkcr Wrote:
(2020-08-21, 15:11)Vimmelthevampire Wrote: Well for me, sitting pretty with all my local artwork scanned in, downgrading the metadata module worked.

Something that small in size you could email me directly if you are comfortable with that?  I can PM you my email if you like?

Yeah that would work. I have a few spare email addresses i use in case I get spammed signing up to things.
I have never been able to get the back.jpg to show on the 3d shelf view for music.
Noticing how it does show in Aeon Tajo, I replaced the ViewShelf3Dm.XML with the one from that skin.
Could I trouble you for where to look in the XML file for a clue as to why they behave differently in each skin. Maybe I could copy paste a line from the Tajo XML into your mod.
Thanks in advance.
@Vimmelthevampire
I'm away from my modding PC for a few days. I'll take a look when I can.
  • 149(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aeon MQ 7 Leia Mod13