• 188(current)
v18 Aeon MQ 7 Leia Mod
@MB1968
I'll have to take a look at it. I've had trouble with music extrafanart in the past.
UPDATE #48 - This will update the skin to v1.0.4.9

Image Additions
  • The Critics Consensus is now being displayed again via Skin Helper. It will use Skin Helper first before looking in your nfo for the Plot Outline field.
  • I added the audio/subtitle flags to widgets. Thanks to Jumpy73 for the request!

Image Bug fixes
  • I adjusted the position of "NO VOTES" for IMDb in the TV Show Video Info ratings. It was overlapping the TVDb votes. Thanks to andrzejls for reporting this!
  • "0 VOTES" was displaying for TVDb if the NFO had no rating info entered. Thanks to andrzejls for reporting this!
  • I fixed a problem with style 6 & 7 in Music Viz displaying the artist for the cover instead of the album. Thanks to Shredder_guitar for reporting the bug!
  • I fixed the problem with the Country Flag not displaying when multiple countries are in the database.

ImageMaintenance
  • I overhauled the code for the Movies Video Info. I moved the Rotten Tomatoes Meter to the left rating box. This value matches with the rotten, fresh, and certified fresh images. The right box for Rotten Tomatoes now shows the User Meter.

Other updates
  • I uploaded new versions of the Movie Genre Icons - Xzener's Flat Icons and the Music Genre Icons - Text Add-ons. I decompiled the Textures file for both and added new genre icons.
  • I uploaded a new version of Metadatautils. There is a new button in the Add-on's settings that allows you to delete simplecache.db. This was added to the Matrix version by Angelinas.
  • I uploaded a new version of Colored Media Icons, Colored Studios, and White Studios.
The update machine is running fast lately.
Windows 11 Pro
Kodi 21 - Aeon MQ7/MQ9 Omega Mod
Kodi 20.5 - Aeon MQ9 Nexus Mod

Android - Beelink GT King
Kodi 21 - Aeon MQ7 Omega Mod
Kodi Maven Fork 21 - Aeon MQ9 Omega Mod

CoreELEC - Beelink GT King

(2022-01-23, 01:06)latts9923 Wrote: @MB1968
I'll have to take a look at it. I've had trouble with music extrafanart in the past.
Thanks.
Windows 11 Pro

@MB1968
Haha...I've been stuck in the house due to winter weather, so I've had more time behind the keyboard. I'm having fishing withdrawals.
(2022-01-23, 00:22)MB1968 Wrote: There's something wrong with extrafanart images on my side for the music library. I have all my fanart stored locally in the Artist Information folder. I have extrafanart for all of my artists. However for many artists, the extrafanart images don't work. For other artists I'm seeing extrafanart images that I've never saved to my system.

Any idea what it is causing this mess on my side? Wrong setting in the meta module? Wrong skin setting?
@MB1968 

My artist fan art is working correctly. Top menu select 'extra fanart'. Check the metadata utilities and artist slideshow setting to make sure they are not fetching online art.
"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." - Hunter S. Thompson
Using: Windows 10 Pro | Kodi 20.5 + Aeon MQ7 Multi-Mod 1.0.1.2 | Kodi 20.5 + Aeon MQ9 Multi-Mod 1.6.5 | Kodi 21.0 + Aeon MQ7 Multi-Mod 1.0.1 | Kodi 21.0  + Aeon MQ9 Multi-Mod 1.1.9

(2022-01-23, 06:05)Juan Mortyme Wrote:
(2022-01-23, 00:22)MB1968 Wrote: There's something wrong with extrafanart images on my side for the music library. I have all my fanart stored locally in the Artist Information folder. I have extrafanart for all of my artists. However for many artists, the extrafanart images don't work. For other artists I'm seeing extrafanart images that I've never saved to my system.

Any idea what it is causing this mess on my side? Wrong setting in the meta module? Wrong skin setting?
@MB1968 

My artist fan art is working correctly. Top menu select 'extra fanart'. Check the metadata utilities and artist slideshow setting to make sure they are not fetching online art.

@MB1968 

On further inspection it appears extrafanart for artists only works if there are extrafanart subfolders within the artist's folder. This is pretty much the only place I've not gotten rid of the extrafanart folders which is probably why it still works for me.

@latts9923 

Can you change the top menu setting so the extra fanart setting will detect fanart even if no extrafanart folder exists?
Using: Windows 10 Pro | Kodi 20.5 + Aeon MQ7 Multi-Mod 1.0.1.2 | Kodi 20.5 + Aeon MQ9 Multi-Mod 1.6.5 | Kodi 21.0 + Aeon MQ7 Multi-Mod 1.0.1 | Kodi 21.0  + Aeon MQ9 Multi-Mod 1.1.9

Can somebody try this for me and let me know what you see?

Go into the a (main) TV Show Info Dialogue and select Detail Info then without switching back Basic Info go to the episodes, select an episode and enter the Info Dialogue for that episode. What do you see?

@MB1968
@Juan Mortyme
The extrafanart setting for Music is using Skin Helper to display the images...mine is using fanart.tv in the database. If images are missing from the database, it will use the extrafanart folder.

@Juan Mortyme
I have a fix for the missing Episodes info in Video Info.
(2022-01-23, 15:13)latts9923 Wrote: @MB1968
@Juan Mortyme
The extrafanart setting for Music is using Skin Helper to display the images...mine is using fanart.tv in the database. If images are missing from the database, it will use the extrafanart folder.
So it sounds like if a user doesn't want to use any online art and only local art for artists then extra fanart needs to be in an extrafanart subfolder.

@latts9923 and @Juan Mortyme

Thanks for the input. I did a test on a fresh Leia install with only one artist (Queen). In the extrafanart folder I've put fanart1,fanart2 etc images. Extrafanart is enabled in the topmenu. I noticed the following.
In the Shelf3D view I can see the 6 fanarts rotating from the extrafanart folder in the right upper corner of the screen, However, in the background, the skin is ignoring the extrafanart folder and shows many more fanart images. Probably fetched from fanart.tv. If I remember correctly, this behaviour differs from previous versions of the Leia mod.

I've disabled online sources in the meta module. To be honest, I'm always unsure whether I have to enable or disable this setting. Do the layouts 1/7 for music work fine (banners, record company logos,etc ), when disabling online sources?
Windows 11 Pro

Following this discussion closely. I'm using MQ 8 Matrix mod but have always experienced similar wonky issues with the various imaging and displays when browsing artists/albums and playing music using Layout 7.  I have really never been able to get it all to work correctly consistently.
(2022-01-24, 11:12)MB1968 Wrote: @latts9923 and @Juan Mortyme

Thank for the input. I did a test on a fresh Leia install with only one Artist (Queen). In the extrafanart folder I've put fanart1,fanart2 etc images andI noticed the following.
In the Shelf3D view I can see the 6 fanarts rotating from the extrafanart folder in the right upper corner of the screen, However, in the background, the skin is ignoring the extrafanart folder and shows many more fanart images. Probably downloaded rom fanart.tv.

I've disabled online sources in the meta module. To be honest, I'm always unsure whether I have to enable or disable this setting. Do all layouts for music work fine (banners, studio logos) work fine, when disabling online sources?
@MB1968 

Yes, the art you have saved locally should all work. The only downside to disabling online art, that I can tell, is if you use Kodi for radio. In that case only local art is used so if the song playing is by an artist you don't have in your Artist Information folder you won't see any art at all. Other than that it should be fine. Also check you settings for the Artist Slideshow add-on as it too can fetch online art if left in it's default settings. One other thing, something is definitely pulling info from somewhere because it is populating the artist's discography in the Info View, but I have no idea what add-on is getting it or from where?

I  took a closer look and the Shelf3D view is cycling the art in both the background and the thumbnail window. I checked a few different views for music and they all seem to working fine (@latts9923  at least on Leia version, the Matrix version on the other hand, extrafanart for artist's is not working at all) so I can verify for you that my extrafanart is working, provided it's in a subfolder. I've also noticed that it seems like a "fanart0.jpg" needs to be in the extrafanart folder. As well, I don't think it makes a difference but I have my artist extrafanart duplicated with copies in both the artist main folder and extrafanart subfolder. I'm a little hesitant about removing the artists' extrafanart subfolders until I'm absolutely convinced they aren't needed but nonetheless I'm preparing for that eventuality. Now, I'm assuming you are talking about albums and singles when referring to 'music'? I only ask because all bets are off if you are browsing music videos by artist. The artist art while browsing music videos is a complete and utter cluster f**k.

(2022-01-24, 16:05)Juan Mortyme Wrote:
(2022-01-24, 11:12)MB1968 Wrote: @latts9923 and @Juan Mortyme

Thank for the input. I did a test on a fresh Leia install with only one Artist (Queen). In the extrafanart folder I've put fanart1,fanart2 etc images andI noticed the following.
In the Shelf3D view I can see the 6 fanarts rotating from the extrafanart folder in the right upper corner of the screen, However, in the background, the skin is ignoring the extrafanart folder and shows many more fanart images. Probably downloaded rom fanart.tv.

I've disabled online sources in the meta module. To be honest, I'm always unsure whether I have to enable or disable this setting. Do all layouts for music work fine (banners, studio logos) work fine, when disabling online sources?
@MB1968 

Yes, the art you have saved locally should all work. The only downside to disabling online art, that I can tell, is if you use Kodi for radio. In that case only local art is used so if the song playing is by an artist you don't have in your Artist Information folder you won't see any art at all. Other than that it should be fine. Also check you settings for the Artist Slideshow add-on as it too can fetch online art if left in it's default settings. One other thing, something is definitely pulling info from somewhere because it is populating the artist's discography in the Info View, but I have no idea what add-on is getting it or from where?

I  took a closer look and the Shelf3D view is cycling the art in both the background and the thumbnail window. I checked a few different views for music and they all seem to working fine (@latts9923  at least on Leia version, the Matrix version on the other hand, extrafanart for artist's is not working at all) so I can verify for you that my extrafanart is working, provided it's in a subfolder. I've also noticed that it seems like a "fanart0.jpg" needs to be in the extrafanart folder. As well, I don't think it makes a difference but I have my artist extrafanart duplicated with copies in both the artist main folder and extrafanart subfolder. I'm a little hesitant about removing the artists' extrafanart subfolders until I'm absolutely convinced they aren't needed but nonetheless I'm preparing for that eventuality. Now, I'm assuming you are talking about albums and singles when referring to 'music'? I only ask because all bets are off if you are browsing music videos by artist. The artist art while browsing music videos is a complete and utter cluster f**k.
We're talking about the music library Wink

I'm glad for you everything is working as it should on your system, although you need to duplicate the fanart0, fanart1 etc images in an extrafanart folders. I did so for my tv shows.

I did a test. I've put an image from an different artist in the extrafanart folder. In the Shelf3D view I can see this image immediately in the thumbnail window. However, in the background it never appears. I ran AWB add missing artwork.

I now have 7 different fanart images in the extrafanart folder. In the background I'm seeing images, that I have never stored in the extrafanart folder. I'm pretty sure my local images are being ignored. I noticed this behaviour, because for a lot of artist in my library there's no online fanart available. This used to work fine previously. I only see the default fanart for these less known artists now.

EDIT: I'm experiencing the same issue under Matrix. A lot of live concert images for Queen in the background. I did not download these images to my Artist Information folder.
Windows 11 Pro

(2022-01-23, 08:48)Juan Mortyme Wrote: Can somebody try this for me and let me know what you see?

Go into the a (main) TV Show Info Dialogue and select Detail Info then without switching back Basic Info go to the episodes, select an episode and enter the Info Dialogue for that episode. What do you see?
No text. Only the country flags for land, audio and subtitles.
Windows 11 Pro

• 188(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aeon MQ 7 Leia Mod13