• 30(current)
[New Feature] Movie version
@rapteev looks like you hit one of the issues fixed at the last minute before beta 3.
Always read the Kodi online-manual, the FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Kodi Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
When you add a first movie with "versions manager" the poster is not set by default.
You must set your self the local poster with button "choose art"

But when you add  a second version and more movie the local poster is set by default.

It will be better if the local poster was set by default in all case.

So anyway it is not a big deal and there is no urgent here.
I m just curious to knows if this behaviour it is expected or not ?

Thanks
I've added the Movie version code to Aeon MQ 8 and MQ 9 and everything seems to be working. However, with Aeon MQ 7 I am missing the Standard Edition label...

Aeon MQ 8

Aeon MQ 7

After scrubbing the code I don't see where this label is defined with a different textcolor. Maybe a conflict with control id "50"? Thanks for any help!
The default version uses the colour for selected which is tag <selectedcolor>

In Estuary in defaults.xml there is a default label definition that specifies the colour, so for Estuary see https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/blob/master...ts.xml#L19

The colour selected in Estuary then refers to the colour defined in https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/blob/master...ts.xml#L19

So does Aeon MQ 7 have a <selectedcolor> defined for labels?
(2024-02-20, 20:08)Nanomani Wrote: When you add a first movie with "versions manager" the poster is not set by default.

You can but don't have to, unless you want different art for the movie group/parent and that version.

Choose Art of Versions Manager assigns art to a specific version.
Outside of Versions Manager screen, versions use the version art first or fallback on the movie art when no version specific art is set.
Choose Art of the Info dialog or the manage context menu assigns art to the movie, which acts as a movie group when multiple versions are defined.

Every idea I tried for artwork had to compromise on something because of the scope limits set for v21 but I could have missed something, feel free to suggest an alternative.
Always read the Kodi online-manual, the FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Kodi Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
@jjd-uk
That was it. MQ 7 was missing the <selectedcolor>. Thanks for your help!
(2024-03-01, 03:54)CrystalP Wrote:
(2024-02-20, 20:08)Nanomani Wrote: When you add a first movie with "versions manager" the poster is not set by default.

You can but don't have to, unless you want different art for the movie group/parent and that version.

Choose Art of Versions Manager assigns art to a specific version.
Outside of Versions Manager screen, versions use the version art first or fallback on the movie art when no version specific art is set.
Choose Art of the Info dialog or the manage context menu assigns art to the movie, which acts as a movie group when multiple versions are defined.

Every idea I tried for artwork had to compromise on something because of the scope limits set for v21 but I could have missed something, feel free to suggest an alternative.

Thanks for your explain. Smile
But something stay confuse/not correct for me.
If I've understood correctly, we manage artwork for a movie without any other version from here:

If the same movie becomes the first in the list of versions, we manage artwork for this the same movie with others versions from here :
But the artworks and the list of artworks doesn't seem to display properly. This behaviour is only for the first movie.

Nothing urgent here, we'll have to wait for the other returns. I know a lot of work is planned for Kodi v22...
Thanks

EDIT : tested with the latest nightly KODI v21
(21.0-BETA3 (20.90.830) Git:20240302-9e44b1c284). Platform: Windows NT x86 64-bit
@CrystalP

I don't know if this behaviour is related to the technical limit with Kodi 21 or a team Kodi choice.
But if I delete a movie version from the list, I don't expect that this movie to be removed from the library.
I expect that this movie is always in the library

After a library update this movie is back.

(2024-03-04, 13:39)Nanomani Wrote: If the same movie becomes the first in the list of versions, we manage artwork for this the same movie with others versions from here :
But the artworks and the list of artworks doesn't seem to display properly. This behaviour is only for the first movie.

You can go to versions manager before the addition of another version and you'll see that the default version art is just a thumbnail, for all movies.
Adding a movie as a version of another copies the movie art to the new version art to preserve any custom art (as the transformation into a version essentially deletes the movie that's being converted), that's why the art of the second version looks more complete.

Now, without changing any version art, if you leave the versions manager screen and play a movie from the library, the selection screen (or the versions folder) will show for the original "Standard Edition" version the movie art in the absence of custom version art (the fallback described earlier)
(2024-03-04, 14:47)Nanomani Wrote: But if I delete a movie version from the list, I don't expect that this movie to be removed from the library.
I expect that this movie is always in the library

It was removed when it was added as a version of another movie (not just hidden). It's a limitation of the current design.
Best we could do for v21 is explain a bit better in the Remove button popup that you have to update the library to bring it back as an individual entry in the library.
Is there a way to edit the "Version Type" dialog/option to either add more types or edit the existing one to better fit our own library?

I usually have both Blu-ray and UHD versions of movies and each of those have multiple versions.

Example:

Aliens (1986) 4K UHD Special Edition
Aliens (1986) 4K UHD Theatrical Cut
Aliens (1986) Blu-ray Special Edition
Aliens (1986) Blu-ray Theatrical Cut
Aliens (1986) Blu-ray Custom Special Edition
Aliens (1986) Blu-ray Custom Theatrical Cut

Right now there is no "Custom" option and no way to edit the current list.

Thanks.

(2024-03-22, 21:27)KillroyWasHere Wrote: Right now there is no "Custom" option and no way to edit the current list.
What about the "Rename? button?
https://kodi.wiki/view/Video_versions#Versions_Manager
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2024-03-22, 21:34)Karellen Wrote:
(2024-03-22, 21:27)KillroyWasHere Wrote: Right now there is no "Custom" option and no way to edit the current list.
What about the "Rename? button?
https://kodi.wiki/view/Video_versions#Versions_Manager
Well, I be damned!!! Thank you! That is exactly where it is. You get "New Type" option and I can add it to the list.

You wouldn't happen to know if you can delete types? Is there an xml that lists them?
(2024-03-22, 21:51)KillroyWasHere Wrote: You wouldn't happen to know if you can delete types? Is there an xml that lists them?
I don't think you can. The names are saved in the database.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
No there is no "version type" management screen. They can only be added.
The only way to remove at this time would be to edit the latest database file MyVideos*.db (or equivalent with mariadb external db), table videoversiontype, but be careful to modify only your additions.
(2024-03-23, 15:36)CrystalP Wrote: No there is no "version type" management screen. They can only be added.
The only way to remove at this time would be to edit the latest database file MyVideos*.db (or equivalent with mariadb external db), table videoversiontype, but be careful to modify only your additions.

Thanks. I mistyped one of my new types and that's why I was asking. I will not be messing with my database so I will live with the mistyped type.

BTW, I do love the new movie version feature. I have some movies with more than a dozen versions (SW IV ANH) and this is SOOOOO much better than sets.
  • 30(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[New Feature] Movie version1