• 63(current)
Mod Aeon MQ 8 Multi-Mod
@latts9923 Thank you for this! I changed that line in the MusicVisualization xml file and that fixed that issue.

I'm still not able to get any Disc Art in any Layouts no matter how I set those switches. One question, are your update files cumulative? As an example I noticed a few files in the xml directory in the 2/16 update that are not in the 4/19 update. Do I need to start from the first release of the multi-mod and apply all of the releases in sequence?
@latts9923 LOL...ok I feel dumb! I got it, the original Multi-Mod download file (at the top of post # 1, above the updates) is cumulative...I'm sure everything will work once I apply that....color me embarrassed... Oo
@latts9923  I applied the the original Multi-Mod download file (at the top of post # 1, above the updates) and everything seems to work except I'm still not getting Disc Art at all. Let me know if you have any suggestions as to where I should look.
@latts9923 :

IMPORTANT UPDATE!
I found the underlying issue. Prior to the 4/19 update, on the settings screen for Layout 6 their was a switch called "Hide Disc Art". If you had that switch turned on (enabled) and then applied the 4/19 update, that specific switch was eliminated from the Layout 6 settings screen so it was still enabled with no way to turn it off (un-enable it). No matter how you set the remaining Disc Art switches you would never see any Disc Art.

I applied the the original Multi-Mod download file (at the top of post # 1, above the updates). - tested, and the Disc Art switches did not work, no Disc Art displayed.
I then applied the 2/16 update (just the files in the xml directory).

IMPORTANT STEP - go to the Layout 6 settings screen and ensure that "Hide Disc Art" is turned off (un-enabled)!

I then applied the 4/19 update (just the files in the xml directory).

All the Disc Art switches now work as expected.
@wags1
I forgot all about adding and removing the "Hide Disc Art" option! I will fix it in the next update. If anyone is experiencing the same problem, close Kodi and open the file Kodi\userdata\addon_data\skin.aeonmq8\settings.xml. Find this...

xml:

<setting id="noviscdart" type="bool">false</setting>

Make sure it says false and start Kodi. That will fix it until I get a new update posted.
(2020-04-22, 00:03)latts9923 Wrote: @wags1
I forgot all about adding and removing the "Hide Disc Art" option! I will fix it in the next update. If anyone is experiencing the same problem, close Kodi and open the file Kodi\userdata\addon_data\skin.aeonmq8\settings.xml. Find this...

xml:

<setting id="noviscdart" type="bool">false</setting>

Make sure it says false and start Kodi. That will fix it until I get a new update posted.

No worries, that one had me pulling my hair out till I figured it out...LOL. Thanks again for all of your work on this!
@vansai
I forgot I was working on a PVR mod. I'll undo the changes I made and make it available in the next update.
@latts9923  Ok i deleted the mq8 skin from within kodi, hten installed it again, and copied all the files over from the multimod on the first post #1.
It must be me that is doing something wrong, but i am not sure what it is, i already deleted my settings.xml also.

I can not see the setting for animated focus surrounding, i do see this when i am in the movie library but not in the tv series, i did check the media files all are copied.

Boxset cases turned off, gives normal poster in the frame

however when boxset cases are turned on, i see 2 posters displayed over one another, you need to look closely..

When i play music fullscreen, i can not find a setting to change the music layout, and i see that the clearlogo are displayed over each other

Anything else i could do to try and make it work?
what should I do if I want to revert back to original Aeon MQ 8 skin without multi mode?
@jinux
1. I was able to reproduce the problem with the animated focus surround button when I reset the skin. That has been fixed and will be part of the next update.
2. I was unable to reproduce the problem with the scaled second poster. When "BOXSET CASES" is enabled it uses different code to display the poster, but not scaled like your example.
3. The music viz settings are only accessible from the Top Menu of Music under "ART". The image you provided appears to be Layout 3 before I made some modifications. Did you download the latest version of the Multi-Mod from the first post? I always update the original download when I post an update.

@fuorigioco1981
If you would like to revert back to the original skin, you can just uninstall the skin and reinstall.
@latts9923 For your consideration for the next release - I found that with the "Clock" enabled on Music Layout 7 the seconds countdown was a bit distracting. Made the following very minor change to the Musicvisualization.xml file line # 3852 to remove the seconds from the clock display:

Line 3852 new - 
xml:

<label>$INFO[System.Time(hh:mm)]</label>
the 2nd from left drop down menu should have only one submenu or I have done something wrong installing multimode? Image
in every multimod update we download it from the opening post or from the individual link for each update post?
after last update i lost list 3d views!!!what happened?
after last update "kodifix" is not shown! and "list 3d" is not shown also!! be reinstalled kodi 3 times!
ImageImage
  • 63(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aeon MQ 8 Multi-Mod10