• 33(current)
v19 Aeon MQ 7 for Matrix Mod
(2022-04-07, 18:51)MB1968 Wrote:
(2022-04-07, 18:08)Juan Mortyme Wrote: @MB1968 
Have  you tried turning off "tag reading" for videos in the Media>Video settings? It doesn't work right anyway so might just as well disable it.
Yes. It was the first setting thing I've checked.
@MB1968 
Is this happening with your Leia installation as well? Perhaps your video.db has been corrupted? Just the other day on my Leia installation when I couldn't get a couple of TV Shows to scan into the library I discovered my videro.db was corrupt, after deleting it along with the simple cache and thumbnails then re-scanning videos everything went smooth and I now have it working as it should.
"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." - Hunter S. Thompson
Using: Windows 10 Pro | Kodi 20.5 + Aeon MQ7 Multi-Mod 1.0.1.2 | Kodi 20.5 + Aeon MQ9 Multi-Mod 1.6.5 | Kodi 21.0 + Aeon MQ7 Multi-Mod 1.0.1 | Kodi 21.0  + Aeon MQ9 Multi-Mod 1.1.9

I have not checked it under Leia yet. I doubt MyVideos119.db is corrupt. It happened twice. Maybe it's because I'm using a so-called combination .nfo. After the closing (/movie) tag, I have entered the url for each movie pointing to the TMDB website. I need that url to scrape the ratings from the TMDB, RT and IMDB website. Since the ratings in nfo files become pretty fast outdated, I decided to remove all ratings in my nfo files. The idea behind all this was to make my nfo files "future proof".
Windows 11 Pro
Kodi 21 - Aeon MQ7/MQ9 Omega Mod
Kodi 20.5 - Aeon MQ9 Nexus Mod

Android - Beelink GT King
Kodi 21 - Aeon MQ7 Omega Mod
Kodi Maven Fork 21 - Aeon MQ7 Omega Mod

CoreELEC - Beelink GT King

(2022-04-08, 00:15)Juan Mortyme Wrote: @MB1968 
Have  you tried turning off "tag reading" for videos in the Media>Video settings? It doesn't work right anyway so might just as well disable it.
Update Matrix
I disabled Extract Video Information From Files and rescanned my Movie library. I set Universal Movie Scraper as my my preference.

The language icons for audio (original language) and subtitles (Dutch and English) are extracted correctly from my .nfo files. But here comes the shitty part. As soon as I enable Extract Video Information From Files, the icons for audio and subtitles change. That's weird. It seems that files are being rescanned afterwards. This only happens under Matrix. Note: disabling Extract Video Information From Files is not what I want. This causes issues for a lot of tv show episodes. It will result in not seeing icons for audio tracks and subtitles, because I haven't added the values for the audio and subtitles to the nfo's yet.

Question:
Is this a Matrix issue, an addon issue or a skin issue?
Windows 11 Pro

@MB1968 

It's mostly a Matrix thing, I believe. My understanding is Kodi reads the tags from the file (or scraper?) if no nfo is found and stores that info in the database. Whereas skins decide if or how the information is displayed. Work on video file tag reading is a WIP. The goal is to have it work like music tag reading but it's not there yet. The lack of a standard for mp4 and mkv file tags makes it difficult. I don't think media tag extraction can be used selectively, at least not an obvious way,  it is all or nothing by the looks of it. Unless you try turning it off when scanning movies then turn it on when scanning tv shows? Or there might be a method I've not seen or an undocumented way to exclude movies via Advanced Settings? Those are my only ideas you could try. 

I wish it worked for music videos, it would make my life a whole lot simpler if I didn't have to hand write nfo files for them.

Extremely few of my video files have the audio stream language tag set thus it's not included when using nfo generating programs. So I add that to nfo by hand. I've yet to find an easy way to edit mp4 media stream tags and Ember is the only one I've found that lets you add or change media stream tags when creating nfo files, but I don't like using Ember except in particular cases. All the mp4 tools I've tried to edit media stream tags seem to do more harm than good by wiping out any other existing tags when editing stream tags. I wish MP3TAG would allow that but I've not been able to figure out if it does or if so how to do it. I think it can read stream tags but can't change them, as far as can tell. Likewise Media Companion reads stream tags but I can't figure out how to edit them if it's even possible.

There is or was a way to modify language tag mapping via Advance Settings file but I don't remember exactly how. You may be able to trick Kodi into changing language tags or interpreting them as unknown.

There are better more up to date explanations in the Kodi wiki.
Using: Windows 10 Pro | Kodi 20.5 + Aeon MQ7 Multi-Mod 1.0.1.2 | Kodi 20.5 + Aeon MQ9 Multi-Mod 1.6.5 | Kodi 21.0 + Aeon MQ7 Multi-Mod 1.0.1 | Kodi 21.0  + Aeon MQ9 Multi-Mod 1.1.9

Thanks for your extended answer. Are you aware Kodi has two settings related to this topic?
1. Use video tags
2. Extract video information from files

I have the idea you're mostly describing practical inconveniences concerning point 1.
I don't use video tags and disabled that setting.

I disabled Extract video information from files and scanned my movies. All audio icons are correct after the scan. Matrix only uses the information in my .nfo files. However when I enable "Extract video information from files" afterwards, Matrix seems to rescan my movie files and changes the audio icons. I'm not sure whether this immediately happens in the background, or this process starts after entering my movie menu.

You would do me a favour by checking this for one of your movies.
- If so, use a movie that has at least two audio tracks and has built in subtitles for two different languages.
- Enter only one audio track and one subtitle language in your .nfo.
- Disable Extract video information from files.
- Add the movie to your library and use the info locally.
Check the language icons.

Enable "Extract video information from files".
Return to the movie and check the language icons. Please tell me what you see.
Windows 11 Pro

@MB1968 
Thanks for your extended answer. Are you aware Kodi has two settings related to this topic?
1. Use video tags
2. Extract video information from files

Yes, it slipped my mind until you mentioned it.

I have the idea you're mostly describing practical inconveniences concerning point 1.
I don't use video tags and disabled that setting.

Actually both, the 1st setting is supposed to read the tags tags like title, year, director, genres, etc. which are commonly referred to as "Information Tags" and the 2nd is to read things like languages, codecs, aspect ratio, etc. commonly referred to as "Steam Tags". The labeling in Kodi is less than clear and can easily be misunderstood. I tried to use the long names when talking about tags to differentiate between the types. So no I was talking about mainly the problem of tools, or lack thereof, for editing "steam tags". MP3TAG as well as a couple others handle the "information tags" pretty well and I have no complaints in that regard. Except for my bitching and whining about the fact they didn't work when I tried them out with some music videos.

I don't use the "Video Tags" setting either. It's a moot point since all my files have nfo files. Results when using that setting without nfo files produces results that vary from nothing at all to wrong info even when files are properly tagged it's not reliable with only a few actually correct. Besides most of my video file haven't been "information tagged" properly, I haven't bothered because in the past nothing used them. However I am starting to do that now with new videos but it will be long, hard job to do it retroactively.

I do use the "Extract" setting because I have some older video file, mostly TV shows that don't have the "Steam" or as they are called the nfo files "file" tags included in the nfo because they were made with old programs before I discovered Media Companion. I will eventually re-scrape them. but until then I need it turned on.

I disabled Extract video information from files and scanned my movies. All audio icons are correct after the scan. Matrix only uses the information in my .nfo files. However when I enable "Extract video information from files" afterwards, Matrix seems to rescan my movie files and changes the audio icons. I'm not sure whether this immediately happens in the background, or this process starts after entering my movie menu.

That sucks. So much for my bright idea of turning it on and off as needed. If you're brave, or drunk, you might take a shot at enquiring in a tech thread if it's possible to limit the use via the Advanced Settings? A lot of things can be overridden by using advanced settings.

You would do me a favour by checking this for one of your movies.
- If so, use a movie that has at least two audio tracks and has built in subtitles for two different languages.
- Enter only one audio track and one subtitle language in your .nfo.
- Disable Extract video information from files.
- Add the movie to your library and use the info locally.
Check the language icons.

Enable "Extract video information from files".
Return to the movie and check the language icons. Please tell me what you see.

Well I'd love to but I have nothing with multi language tracks. I don't include them if I rip the disc myself and I toss the subtitles if they are included with downloads. Sorry.

hey @latts9923 how do I display country and last episode info?

@nomnom27
Howdy, both values are displayed via Skin Helper and Metadatautils. What version of each Add-on do you have installed?
@latts9923 

Hey bud how goes it? I just noticed something is not right with my media icons. I've only used Kodi Flix view and I'm not sure when things went south. I first noticed that the audio and subtitle language icons for many movies were missing while browsing. When checking the info view I saw the audio, subtitle and country language flags were not showing until I reloaded the movie after which they all appeared. Not wanting to reload each movie one by one I rescanned the movie library which brought them back However while browsing only the first audio track is being displayed, not commentary or secondary streams or subtitles. Info view is all complete.

Hi Juan, what a coincidence you're having issues too, although they're slightly different from mine. Any idea what addons are involved to show the language icons?
Windows 11 Pro

@Juan Mortyme
@MB1968
I am not experiencing any problems with the audio/subtitle flags. These are displayed by the Colored Media Icons Add-on.
(2022-05-01, 14:29)latts9923 Wrote: @Juan Mortyme
@MB1968
I am not experiencing any problems with the audio/subtitle flags. These are displayed by the Colored Media Icons Add-on.
I don't think the Icon Addon is the problems because the icons are all displayed as they should be in the the video info dialogue. Just subtitle and secondary audio not displayed while browsing.

(2022-05-02, 11:29)Juan Mortyme Wrote:
(2022-05-01, 14:29)latts9923 Wrote: @Juan Mortyme
@MB1968
I don't think the Icon Addon is the problems because the icons are all displayed as they should be in the the video info dialogue. Just subtitle and secondary audio not displayed while browsing.
I agree with you. I think a skin dependency is causing our issue.
Windows 11 Pro

@Juan Mortyme
@MB1968
I might have found the problem. Open includes.xml and find include name="FlagsContent". Now find AudioStreams Logo underneath that. Change the visible code (2 lines down) from...

xml:

<visible>IsEmpty(ListItem.top250)</visible>

to this...
xml:

<visible>String.IsEmpty(ListItem.top250)</visible>

Now find the next AudioStreams Logo (mine is line 4,326) and change the visible line from...

xml:

<visible>!IsEmpty(ListItem.top250)</visible>

to this...
xml:

<visible>!String.IsEmpty(ListItem.top250)</visible>

See if that fixes the problem.
Thanks @latts9923, I'll wait for Juan, what he has to say. It is more likely that the changes you've provided will fix his issue instead mine.
Windows 11 Pro

• 33(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aeon MQ 7 for Matrix Mod0