• 39(current)
v19 Aeon MQ 7 for Matrix Mod
@Juan Mortyme So to get the media type flags/icons visibile on the third sport of the media bar, you have to rename the subfolder of every movie? That's a lot of work when you have hundreds of movies. Is there a more efficient solution to get the media type flags/icons visibile? I tried to rename the root folder in which my movies are stored in separate subfolders, but that didn't work unfortunately.
(2022-09-11, 12:38)521256 Wrote: @Juan Mortyme So to get the media type flags/icons visibile on the third sport of the media bar, you have to rename the subfolder of every movie? That's a lot of work when you have hundreds of movies. Is there a more efficient solution to get the media type flags/icons visibile? I tried to rename the root folder in which my movies are stored in separate subfolders, but that didn't work unfortunately.
@521256 

I feel your pain, with over two thousand movies and fifteen thousand tv episodes I wouldn't even consider renaming all those files not to mention their nfo and art, as originally proposed. It's a long story beginning with the introduction of the WebTV  flag that gets us to this point, anyway that's a story for another day. Luckily latts included code that allows for the entire path to be considered thus opening the door to many creative solutions.

I just did a little test where I created a new folder inside an existing source directory and named it Whatever .web I then removed a couple titles from my library, then physically moved those titles (in their folders) to the newly created folder and ran 'Clean Library' and closed Kodi. After restarting Kodi and rescanning the titles I had moved, they now display the "WebTV" media flag.

The designator (.Web .DVD .Bluray) only need be somewhere in the file name or the file's path as scanned into the Kodi DB. A look at the code will verify this. So basically any folder anywhere inside or below a source directory will work if it include a designator. Renaming folders higher than or outside of the source directory will have no effect.

The designators are not case sensitive however they must start with a period. So, .web  or .WEB  or .Web  are all fine but  web  or WEB  or Web  are not.

Also you can use variants, some I have tested are .webDL  .webrip  .web-rip  .DVDRip  .dvd-rip  .BlurayRip  .bluray-rip  .BDrip  all work. Any .designator followed by other text should work provided it is or looks like one word without spaces.

Keep trying because it does work and with a little imagination and some experimentation you'll come up with a strategy that works for you.
"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." - Hunter S. Thompson
Using: Windows 10 Pro | Kodi 21.0 + Aeon MQ7 Multi-Mod 1.0.2 | Kodi 21.0  + Aeon MQ9 Multi-Mod 1.2.3
@Juan Mortyme Thanks for your clear explanation! I transferred my separate moviefolders to a new subfolder named "movies.bluray" inside the existing source directory. That did the trick! Perhaps you know if there is a list of all the variations of the designators / media flag types that can be used?
(2022-09-14, 15:38)521256 Wrote: @Juan Mortyme Thanks for your clear explanation! I transferred my separate moviefolders to a new subfolder named "movies.bluray" inside the existing source directory. That did the trick! Perhaps you know if there is a list of all the variations of the designators / media flag types that can be used?

@521256 

Funny you should mention that. No, there is no comprehensive list I'm aware of nor one stop implementation instructions. However, I have made myself a 'cheat sheet' and pondered the idea of posting it or sending it @latts9923 for inclusion on or a link to it on the first post instructions. In it's current state it is definitely not ready for mass consumption. I'll need a bit of time to wordsmith and format it so as to be easily understandable. Once it's polished and I'm satisfied it won't create more questions than it answers I'll consider it ready for prime time.

Stay tuned.

A side note. I'm sure many current or potential user of these MQ mods aren't aware of the ability to display certification rating for different countries. I've also thought about creating a list of available countries and instructions on how to implement usage.
Using: Windows 10 Pro | Kodi 21.0 + Aeon MQ7 Multi-Mod 1.0.2 | Kodi 21.0  + Aeon MQ9 Multi-Mod 1.2.3
@latts9923

Something that's been bugging me for quite a while and has recently been mentioned for one reason or another by a couple other users is the ... default media flag. Personally I find the ... detracts from the overall aesthetics of the skin while serving as a not vey subtle reminder that I have information absent. The recent introduction of the media type flag got me thinks about this. I see one user has gone so far as to ask how remove the media type completely, presumably because they don't want to use it and dislike having ... on the media bar. I like the media type flag and want to keep it but at same time hating the ... default. The solution I use is neither eloquent or easy to do, so I wouldn't recommend it for the average user. It involves replacing the default media flag png with a clear blank png.

What I'm asking, is it possible to just have nothing displayed when information for a particular media flag isn't found, similar to audio and subtitle flags?

Thanks.
For @521256 and anyone else that would like a complete list of media types available with the recent introduction of the Media Type flag in the MQ7 skins. Included are the designators (triggers), both default and commonly used (and tested), that need to be included in the file name or file path before scanning it into your library. 

MEDIA TYPE              DEFAULT DESIGNATOR(S)   COMMON VARIATION(S)
3D Bluray               =         .3DBD.   .3D. *
4K                          =         .4k                                        .4k-rip
4K UHD                 =         .uhd                                     .uhd-rip
BLURAY                =         .bluray  .blu-ray  .bdrip        .bluray-rip
HD DVD                =         .hddvd                                  .hdtv-rip
DVD                      =          .dvd                                     .dvd-rip
DVD                      =          .ifo   .iso **
TV                         =          .sdtv                                    .sdtv-rip
HDTV                    =          .hdtv                                    .hdtv-rip
VHS                      =          .vhs                                     .vhs-rip
WEBTV                 =          .web                                    .web-rip  .webrip  .web-dl  .webseries  .web-series
NETFLIX FILM      =         .netflix_film
NETFLIX SERIES =        .netflix_series

NOTE *  = In the case of 3D Bluray media both a preceding and trailing period are required.
NOTE ** = Files with an .iso or .ifo extension will automatically display the DVD flag.

The designators are not case sensitive however they MUST start with a period. Example, .web  or .WEB  or .Web  will all work but  web  or  WEB  or  Web  will not.

For greater flexibility you can also use common variations or create your own. Simply put, .designator followed by any other text should work provided it is/or looks like one word without spaces. Examples, .web-rip  or .WEBDL  or .Web_Series  will all work but  web rip  or  WEB DL  or  Web Series  will not.

For more information about using the Media Type flags check this post.
(2022-09-16, 03:57)Juan Mortyme Wrote: @latts9923
I see one user has gone so far as to ask how remove the media type completely, presumably because they don't want to use it and dislike having ... on the media bar.

Smile
Windows 11 Pro
Kodi 21 - Aeon MQ7/MQ9 Omega Mod
Kodi 20.5 - Aeon MQ9 Nexus Mod

Android - Beelink GT King
Kodi 21 - Aeon MQ7 Omega Mod
Kodi Maven Fork 21 - Aeon MQ7 Omega Mod

CoreELEC - Beelink GT King

@MB1968 

Ha Ha.  So that was you? LOL
Was my supposition correct? Was the objective to eliminate the Media Type completely which is what deleting that code does or were you looking to just hide the ... as I seek to do? If it's the latter then my temporary solution accomplish that. I know you are capable of doing it without handholding so I'll tell you exactly what I did if you haven't already figured it out. Replace the flag_default.png with a blank/clear png you'll need to unpack the Textures.xbt located in the skin's media folder. The flag_default.png can be found in the flags folder of the unpacked Textures.xbt. Repack and replace and Presto, change-o ... vanishes from all missing media flags not just the media type, boom, the ... has been vanquished to the void.
@Juan Mortyme
I can look at adding code to hide the "..." when flags are missing.
(2022-09-16, 14:15)Juan Mortyme Wrote: @MB1968 

Ha Ha.  So that was you? LOL
Was my supposition correct? Was the objective to eliminate the Media Type completely which is what deleting that code does or were you looking to just hide the ... as I seek to do? If it's the latter then my temporary solution accomplish that. I know you are capable of doing it without handholding so I'll tell you exactly what I did if you haven't already figured it out. Replace the flag_default.png with a blank/clear png you'll need to unpack the Textures.xbt located in the skin's media folder. The flag_default.png can be found in the flags folder of the unpacked Textures.xbt. Repack and replace and Presto, change-o ... vanishes from all missing media flags not just the media type, boom, the ... has been vanquished to the void.

The latter. I have asked @latts9923 how to remove the media type code. I've to spare my shoulder/neck to prevent my chronic headache from getting worse. While I would love to have Kodi perfect and see the media type flag, I have choices to make. Changing file or folder names just takes too much time for me.

I'm familiar with repacking Textures.xbt. Thanks for pointing out the location where flag_default.png is stored. However, repacking Textures.xbt takes more time than removing the media type code. But is always nice to know that the desired solution can be achieved in different ways.
Windows 11 Pro
Kodi 21 - Aeon MQ7/MQ9 Omega Mod
Kodi 20.5 - Aeon MQ9 Nexus Mod

Android - Beelink GT King
Kodi Maven Fork 21 - Aeon MQ7 Omega Mod

CoreELEC - Beelink GT King

UPDATE #27 - This will update the skin to v1.0.2.7

Image Additions
  • KodiFlixTV will now display multiple characterart images when using "TV ART" as the "VIEW LAYOUT".

Image Bug fixes
  • Some of the KodiFlix flags were still displaying for KodiFlixTV whether you had "SHOW KODIFLIX FLAGS" enabled or not. Thanks to MB1968 for reporting the bug!
  • The TV SERIES case and new studio case were both displaying for Shelf 3D and Sheld 3D v2 when viewing Seasons.
  • The Forced Views button in the Top Menu was being disabled when exiting to the Main Menu. Thanks to MB1968 for reporting the bug!
Hi. 1: I have got studio icons over Tv Shows Shelf 3D. How do I remove them? Update. I solved it. I installed an older Version in Matrix.
2: I cannot change the title of movies. update: I have solved this. I changed the data.
/Bruce_Banner
UPDATE #28 - This will update the skin to v1.0.2.8

Image Additions
  • I added Bing Crosby Productions to the studio icons.
  • I added reflections for Character Art Poster and Extra Keyart in the Right List view.
  • I added the option to display an alternate poster for Right List when media cases are disabled. There is a new button named "SHOW ALTERNATE POSTER" that is visible when "USE MEDIA CASE" is disabled and "POSTER" is selected as the "CASE ART". I've assigned poster10 as the image for this alternate poster. You will have to manually add this poster to your artwork. Thanks to 3000 for the request!
  • I added the clearlogo to Shelf 3D and Sheld 3D v2 for Seasons. Thanks to Skin helper error for the request!
  • I added a title backup for Shelf 3D when the clearlogo is missing.
  • I added pictures of the cast to the Fullscreen Info screen as well as the Pause screen. There is a new button in the Top Menu named "FULLSCREEN CAST". This is disabled by default since it takes up some of the plot window. The same applies for the Pause screen. There is a new button named "SHOW CAST" under "CHANGE PAUSE SCREEN" in the skin settings. Thanks to 3000 for the request!
  • I added the mediatype flag to Shelf3D and Sheld3D v2.
  • I added the alphabet scrollbar to the Shelf3D and Shelf3D v2 music views. This can be enabled/disabled in the Top Menu. Thanks to Chalklands for the request!
  • I added the alphabet scrollbar to the Multiplex view for Music Videos. This can be enabled/disabled in the Top Menu. Thanks to Chalklands for the request!
  • I added characterart to the Right List view for Music Videos. I also made the "EXTRA ART:" button in the Top Menu visible for Music Videos.
  • I added the studio flag for Sets to List 3D and List 3D v2.

Image Bug fixes
  • The "CASE ART" settings were not working correctly for the Right List view if you disabled "USE MEDIA CASE".
  • I changed the code in music viz to display multiple discart images for albums if the ID3 tag contains that info. Use discart1.png, discart2.png, etc. for multiple disc images. Thanks to pbateman for the request!
  • I changed the code for the KodiFlixTV fanart shadow. It was not visible if you enabled "NO FLOOR". I also made the shadow display all the way to the bottom of the screen if "NO FLOOR" is enabled for Movies or TV Shows. Thanks to Uploadergt for reporting the bug!

ImageMaintenance
  • The Top Menu button "MPAA DETAILED ICON COLOUR" will now only be visible when "DETAILED" is selected as the "MPAA ICON".
  • I removed the discart image from the Video OSD when playing episodes. Thanks to daniko for the request!

There is also an updated version of the Colored Media Icons, Colored Studios and White Studios add-ons available on my repo.
Something bothering me since installing Aeon MQ 7 Matrix Mod skin v1.0.2.8 on Kodi 19.4 Matrix.
I always get the following error message when I launch Kodi : Library Data Provider Error.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1lPQyj0f...sp=sharing

Is it possible to correct this error ?
Don't know, the links are password protected and I'm not so inclined. A proper debug log might indicate something.

Google Drive: Acess denied  Request access, or switch to an account with access. Learn more.. etc.
  • 39(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aeon MQ 7 for Matrix Mod0