• 2(current)
v20 Aeon MQ 8 for Nexus Mod
Thanks for porting, @latts9923 
With Skin Helper Service activated i had crashes when browsing the music library as it did with Matrix.
But with deaktivated SHS no crash so far.
(System Ubuntu 22.04)
Asrock J5040 powered by Ubuntu 23.10 and KODI
Follow-on to my post above: It seems to be very consistent. I get a hard crash between 20 and 30 minutes. Not seeing anything that would indicate a problem in the debug log, Kodi just crashes. This problem did not exist under Matrix while doing the exact same thing. 

Debug Log is here - Debug Log
(2023-01-23, 19:41)wags1 Wrote: Been doing some testing today. Listening to music using Layout 7 and the Pandoki addon. Everything appears to work fine but I'm getting a hard crash every 20 to 30 minutes. Don't see anything unusual in the regular log but will turn on debug logging and look to see what I see.
I had crash every 10 seconds until l removed "Favourites" script add-on. Now, so far, runs without crashing for several hours with SHS enabled and SHW disabled.

Edt:
I did not play music for any length of time and Kodi did not crash. Playing music for about 20-30 min and I get same crash as wags1. That was not the case in Matrix.
EndeavourOS, Arch Linux
Linux Mint 21.3 (Edge) "Virginia", Cinnamon DE
NVIDIA Shield Pro,  NAS,  Fractal Design Define R5 Case
Kodi "Omega", FreeBSD "pfSense Plus" Firewall/Router
(2023-01-23, 20:13)andrzejls Wrote:
(2023-01-23, 19:41)wags1 Wrote: Been doing some testing today. Listening to music using Layout 7 and the Pandoki addon. Everything appears to work fine but I'm getting a hard crash every 20 to 30 minutes. Don't see anything unusual in the regular log but will turn on debug logging and look to see what I see.
I had crash every 10 seconds until l removed "Favourites" script add-on. Now, so far, runs without crashing for several hours with SHS enabled and SHW disabled.

Edt:
I did not play music for any length of time and Kodi did not crash. Playing music for about 20-30 min and I get same crash as wags1. That was not the case in Matrix.
We’re you using the Pandoki addon? If not then that would rule that addon out as the source of the problem as that is what I was using. Thanks.
(2023-01-23, 20:53)wags1 Wrote:
(2023-01-23, 20:13)andrzejls Wrote:

Edt:
We’re you using the Pandoki addon? If not then that would rule that addon out as the source of the problem as that is what I was using. Thanks.
@wags1
No, I do not have Pandoki. Can you post link to zip? Right now I use Kodi Music. After my last post "Edit" I changed Settings-->Media-->Music disabling "Fetch Additional Information During Updates, "Prfer Online Information", 'Prefer Online Album Art", "Search For Thumbnails On Remote Shares" and "enable Tag Reading In File View". So far this stopped crashing. Also when I switched to "Estuary" skin there was no crashing at all.
EndeavourOS, Arch Linux
(2023-01-23, 21:35)andrzejls Wrote:
(2023-01-23, 20:53)wags1 Wrote:
(2023-01-23, 20:13)andrzejls Wrote: I had crash every 10 seconds until l removed "Favourites" script add-on. Now, so far, runs without crashing for several hours with SHS enabled and SHW disabled.

Edt:
@wags1
No, I do not have Pandoki. Can you post link to zip? Right now I use Kodi Music. After my last post "Edit" I changed Settings-->Media-->Music disabling "Fetch Additional Information During Updates, "Prfer Online Information", 'Prefer Online Album Art", "Search For Thumbnails On Remote Shares" and "enable Tag Reading In File View". So far this stopped crashing. Also when I switched to "Estuary" skin there was no crashing at all.
@andrzejls Thanks, I may have to disable those as well until the issue gets fixed. You can download the Pandoki 0.10.5 version zip file from Github here. I'm a Pandora user so have been using this addon for years. Probably needs updating but seems to work fine.
@andrzejls Thanks for the tip, that seems to have resolved the issue...i've been running for over an hour now with no crashes. I wonder if its just one of those settings, some combination, or all of them? Anyway, hopefully that will give latts some ideas as to where to look.

Update - Spoke too soon. Just slightly over 1 hour it hard crashed.
(2023-01-23, 23:24)wags1 Wrote: @andrzejls Thanks for the tip, that seems to have resolved the issue...i've been running for over an hour now with no crashes. I wonder if its just one of those settings, some combination, or all of them? Anyway, hopefully that will give latts some ideas as to where to look.

Update - Spoke too soon. Just slightly over 1 hour it hard crashed.
Sorry to hear that. Do you have SHW enabled? I turn them off.
EndeavourOS, Arch Linux
Skin Helper Service Widgets on or off same behavior. I did notice that if I did a clear cache and force stop it takes about an hour listening to music before it crashes. At that point if you just restart it crashes every 20 to 30 minutes again. Maybe a memory leak or something IDK. Hopefully somebody can find/fix the problem. At this point I’d hate to have to revert to Matrix.
Skin Helper Service itself could be the culprit here. It apparently is used in some way when pulling some of the eye candy used when listening to music (I’m using Layout 7). When I get time I’ll try disabling it and see if I still get the crash at 20 to 30 minutes.
(2023-01-24, 03:33)wags1 Wrote: Skin Helper Service itself could be the culprit here. It apparently is used in some way when pulling some of the eye candy used when listening to music (I’m using Layout 7). When I get time I’ll try disabling it and see if I still get the crash at 20 to 30 minutes.
I do not thing SHS is the issue. Switch to default skin and see what happen with SHS enabled.
EndeavourOS, Arch Linux
@jueby
My watched Movies in the widget remain if I enable the hide watched options in SHS Widgets.

@wags1
To display the multi-logos for Artists I have to use SHS in music viz.
(2023-01-24, 14:17)andrzejls Wrote:
(2023-01-24, 03:33)wags1 Wrote: Skin Helper Service itself could be the culprit here. It apparently is used in some way when pulling some of the eye candy used when listening to music (I’m using Layout 7). When I get time I’ll try disabling it and see if I still get the crash at 20 to 30 minutes.
I do not thing SHS is the issue. Switch to default skin and see what happen with SHS enabled.
@andrzejls SHS might not be the culprit here but just because the crashes don't occur when using the default skin with SHS enabled really doesn't prove anything. When listening to music with the default skin SHS isn't being used in the same way as it is when listening to music using MQ8 Nexus Mod and Layout 7. I'll test later today when I have some time.
@latts9923 Right which is why I'm suspecting SHS as the cause for the crashes every 20-30 minutes when listening to music using Layout 7 (could crash using other Layouts too I don't know but I'm using Layout 7). I'm not saying we should just not use SHS, I'm just trying to help locate the issue so it can be fixed.
(2023-01-24, 15:17)wags1 Wrote:
(2023-01-24, 14:17)andrzejls Wrote:
@andrzejls SHS might not be the culprit here but just because the crashes don't occur when using the default skin with SHS enabled really doesn't prove anything. When listening to music with the default skin SHS isn't being used in the same way as it is when listening to music using MQ8 Nexus Mod and Layout 7. I'll test later today when I have some time.
@wags1 I do not know why, but in Matrix and all previous versions I had SHS and SHW enabled and did not have any crashes on Nvidia Shields Pro`s 2019 nor on 1 Firestick 4K. All of this started with Nexus. In Nexus I installed Aeon MQ 7 Nexus Mod (I believe MQ 7 uses SHS  and SHW) and did not get any crashes with SHS and SHW enabled. BTW, I also use Layout 7 in music.
EndeavourOS, Arch Linux
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aeon MQ 8 for Nexus Mod0