Artwork Downloader
When I run Artwork Downloader on my Fire TV, it downloads all the available images for a movie and they display correctly in MQ 7. However, when I go to the external drive where the movies are located, I see only the movie file with extrafanart and extrathumbs folders under the movie directory. The other images (banner, clearart, disc, logo, etc.) are not located in the movie's directory. Any ideas where they are being stored by Artwork Downloader?
Yes, go to cache Kodi, you need configure addon Artwork downloader for use local files, advanced tab. With this option ON, all arts will go together with your main videos. Remember Kodi cache all images (local or internet).

Press ok, after active for save settings.
MediaBrazil forum Website - Youtube Channel
MQ9-1.6.0.29 - 09.15.2023 - Aeon MQ Skin Team
MarcosQui Website Donate and support us.
(2016-12-09, 01:05)Wanilton Wrote: Yes, go to cache Kodi, you need configure addon Artwork downloader for use local files, advanced tab. With this option ON, all arts will go together with your main videos. Remember Kodi cache all images (local or internet).

That was it...thank you sir!
Tongue 
Unless Artwork Downloader has changed its functionality I believe you need to do more to get ALL artwork copied to your movie folders. You must use the "Export the Video Library" function in Kodi settings and select "Export as individual files" (NOT "as a single File").

If you are interested, this is the explanation ... OK, My explanation Tongue
Artwork Downloader will only link scrapped movie artwork to Kodi's Video Library ... the artwork itself is copied as artwork cache files ... it will not save this artwork to your movie's folders. When you 'Update Video Library' Kodi (not Artwork Downloader) will scrape the 'essential' artwork (eg.: a poster, a fanart) and link them through the Video Library for Kodi to use whilst you browse your movies/TVShows in Kodi. You will not get discart and other artwork. You need Artwork Downloader to retrieve the other artwork (additional fanart, discart, clearart etc...). The 'Use Local Files' in the Artwork Downloader addon Advanced Settings assumes you already have artwork available in your movie folders and will link them also to Kodi's Video Library. If you want ALL the artwork previously downloaded by Artwork Downloader and Kodi you must use the "Export the Video Library" function in Kodi and select "Export as individual files" (NOT "as a single File"). This is the best way to copy ALL of the retrieved artwork downloaded by Kodi and Artwork Downloader to your external movie's drive folders ... effectively dumping all the prefetched/cached artwork linked to Kodi in the Video Library. This will also, and very importantly, create Kodi's ".nfo" files for each of your movies/TVShows! Hope this will help you get all of your artwork in order (and backed-up) Wink
(2016-12-12, 07:19)LeKodeur Wrote: Unless Artwork Downloader has changed its functionality I believe you need to do more to get ALL artwork copied to your movie folders. You must use the "Export the Video Library" function in Kodi settings and select "Export as individual files" (NOT "as a single File").

Artwork Downloader will only link scrapped movie artwork to Kodi's Video Library ... the artwork itself is copied as artwork cache files ... it will not save this artwork to your movie's folders. When you 'Update Video Library' Kodi (not Artwork Downloader) will scrape the 'essential' artwork (eg.: a poster, a fanart) and link them through the Video Library for Kodi to use whilst you browse your movies/TVShows in Kodi. You will not get discart and other artwork. You need Artwork Downloader to retrieve the other artwork (additional fanart, discart, clearart etc...). The 'Use Local Files' in the Artwork Downloader addon Advanced Settings assumes you already have artwork available in your movie folders and will link them also to Kodi's Video Library. If you want ALL the artwork previously downloaded by Artwork Downloader and Kodi you must use the "Export the Video Library" function in Kodi and select "Export as individual files" (NOT "as a single File"). This is the best way to copy ALL of the retrieved artwork downloaded by Kodi and Artwork Downloader to your external movie's drive folders ... effectively dumping all the prefetched/cached artwork linked to Kodi in the Video Library. This will also, and very importantly, create Kodi's ".nfo" files for each of your movies/TVShows! Hope this will help you get all of your artwork in order (and backed-up) Wink

Thanks for the info! I noticed that when I add new movies to my library, update my library in KODI, then run Artwork Downloader, it will place all the downloaded artwork images (clearart, disc, etc.) into the new movie folders without having to export the video library.
If you already have some artwork in your movies folders then I believe that using Kodi's Library Export is much faster (select "don't overwrite old files") ... and it will also create the .nfo files. Running Artwork Downloader over your entire set of movie folders each time you add a new movie can take a long time, especially if you have a large video library.
@LeKodeur, don´t need run all, skin have support mode solo (for one item only).
MediaBrazil forum Website - Youtube Channel
MQ9-1.6.0.29 - 09.15.2023 - Aeon MQ Skin Team
MarcosQui Website Donate and support us.
Thanks for the tip Wanilton Smile ... I do use context solo mode but I don't think this creates and stores the Kodi's .nfo file in the movie folder.
(2016-12-12, 07:19)LeKodeur Wrote: Unless Artwork Downloader has changed its functionality I believe you need to do more to get ALL artwork copied to your movie folders. You must use the "Export the Video Library" function in Kodi settings and select "Export as individual files" (NOT "as a single File").

I tried exporting the Video Library like you suggested to see what happens. I now have a .nfo file for all my movies. However, a word of caution...after the export was complete I now have two copies of all my images. For example, the movie Aliens now has an image named clearart.png (the original file before export) as well as a new image named Aliens-clearart.png.
To get around that you could go to the root folder of your movies and delete all the *.png files (e.g., in Linux: $ sudo find <PATH_TO_MOVIES> -type f -name "*.png" -exec sh -c "echo {} >>DeletedArtwork; rm -f {}" \; ... this will create a log of deleted files for you) ... then run export library again to re-create all your artwork files. Kodi will automatically prefix your artwork files with the movie title which, if I recall correctly, is extracted from the actual movie filename (e.g. "Aliens AVP Requiem 2007 BlueRay 1080p AC3-clearart.png").
(2016-12-19, 06:23)LeKodeur Wrote: To get around that you could go to the root folder of your movies and delete all the *.png files (e.g., in Linux: $ sudo find <PATH_TO_MOVIES> -type f -name "*.png" -exec sh -c "echo {} >>DeletedArtwork; rm -f {}" \; ... this will create a log of deleted files for you) ... then run export library again to re-create all your artwork files. Kodi will automatically prefix your artwork files with the movie title which, if I recall correctly, is extracted from the actual movie filename (e.g. "Aliens AVP Requiem 2007 BlueRay 1080p AC3-clearart.png").

Yeah, I started doing just that. I've turned off "Use Local Files" for Artwork Downloader, and just let the "Export Video Library" add the images to the movie folders.
When I export the library to individual files I download the poster and the fanart but it does to a much smaller size and quality than the one I put when I scan my library. Can you make me export the original images that I scan?
Change your Artwork Downloader settings to set the quality of the artwork downloaded to the quality you want.
(2016-12-20, 00:07)LeKodeur Wrote: Change your Artwork Downloader settings to set the quality of the artwork downloaded to the quality you want.

Sorry, I don't see this option in Artwork downloader.

Where is it?

Thanks in advance.
My apologies, you're correct, the option is no longer available on the current version (?). Although I've not had any issues with the quality of the material fetched. If you're not happy with a particular artwork you can always use the context menu in Movies to manually download another artwork (use 'Get Logo/Clearart GUI Mode') it will list all the available artwork for a movie and give you ratings and quality for each... or just file rename the higher quality one in your movie folder. I've just checked a few movies I've recently got and it seems to download the higher quality artwork automatically for me when in Solo Mode.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Artwork Downloader1