Aeon MQ Skin No Longer Compatible with Artist Slideshow 3.0 - Do Not Update -SOLVED
The latest version of Artist Slideshow 3.0 includes major changes to how it sources its images that no longer work with musicvisualization.xml for this skin.  Do not update or you will be stuck with an error message background screen.

I took a look at the @pkscout entry using an example of how to modify the code HERE, but it unfortunately appears above my abilities when it comes to appying it to Aeon MQ8.

Any help? @latts9923 or @Wanilton?
I downloaded the skin to see if I could figure out what needed to be changed, but changing the one place I saw the old ArtistSlideshow property didn't seem to help, and after a few other attempts I didn't get anything that works.  It's probably a relatively simple change if you understand the skin, but I don't use this skin and had a hard time just figuring out how to get AS to trigger.  Hopefully one of the authors can handle it.  You should be able to revert to the older version from the main repo.  If not, you can download it here:

https://github.com/pkscout/repository.be...-2.1.5.zip

Uninstall the 3.x version, install the 2.x version from the zip, and then set it not to update.
(2019-12-17, 22:24)pkscout Wrote: I downloaded the skin to see if I could figure out what needed to be changed, but changing the one place I saw the old ArtistSlideshow property didn't seem to help, and after a few other attempts I didn't get anything that works.  It's probably a relatively simple change if you understand the skin, but I don't use this skin and had a hard time just figuring out how to get AS to trigger.  Hopefully one of the authors can handle it.  You should be able to revert to the older version from the main repo.  If not, you can download it here:

Uninstall the 3.x version, install the 2.x version from the zip, and then set it not to update.

Thanks for the quick reply and investigation @pkscout.  I will revert to the earlier version and look forward to a skin fix.  Looks like some very nice improvements.

~jasn
@jasn

I'll take a look at it.

UPDATE:  I have a fix for both the Aeon MQ 7 Leia Mod and the Aeon MQ 8 Multi-Mod. It will be included in the next release for both. I'll also post instructions on both threads for those that want to fix it before I get the updates out.
(2019-12-18, 16:04)latts9923 Wrote: @jasn

I'll take a look at it.

UPDATE:  I have a fix for both the Aeon MQ 7 Leia Mod and the Aeon MQ 8 Multi-Mod. It will be included in the next release for both. I'll also post instructions on both threads for those that want to fix it before I get the updates out.

Thank you @latts9923 , your fix restored Fanart.  However...the artwork now appears in front of and blocks visualizations like projectM or Waveform.  I looked to see if this was a setting in Artwork Slideshow but did not find anything.
@jasn

Hmm...I am unable to reproduce the problem. I just tried artwork with the Waveform visualization and the artwork was behind the visualization.
(2019-12-20, 01:32)latts9923 Wrote: @jasn

Hmm...I am unable to reproduce the problem. I just tried artwork with the Waveform visualization and the artwork was behind the visualization.

Thanks for your help. I may have a setting wrong. It'll be awhile till I can get back to it.

~jasn
(2019-12-20, 04:58)jasn Wrote:
(2019-12-20, 01:32)latts9923 Wrote: @jasn

Thanks for your help. I may have a setting wrong. It'll be awhile till I can get back to it.

~jasn 
Turns out I had my Views set to Slideshow + Viewing.  Changing to Artwork + Viewing solved the problem
(2019-12-18, 16:04)latts9923 Wrote: @jasn

I'll take a look at it.

Hello,

You are talking about a general update of AEON MQ8 skin in kodi repository ?
Do you have a shedule time ?
Beelink GT King - CoreElec V9.2.7 - Kodi 18.9 - Skin Aeon MQ8 V2.9.0 Leia
@Jacques56 

The skin official is available in the official Kodi Repository, at this moment focus is working in MQ9 only. latts9923, angelinas, scott and others created mods verson and share here or in personal repos.
MediaBrazil forum Website - Youtube Channel
MQ9-1.6.0.29 - 09.15.2023 - Aeon MQ Skin Team
MarcosQui Website Donate and support us.
(2019-12-21, 14:29)Wanilton Wrote: @Jacques56 

The skin official is available in the official Kodi Repository, at this moment focus is working in MQ9 only. latts9923, angelinas, scott and others created mods verson and share here or in personal repos.
I am asking that because of the error of Artist Slideshow 3.0 in public Aeon MQ8
So what is the way  to solve it ?
Get previous version script, edit addon.xml, rename version number to 3.0.0, will return to work fine...it´s one way to fix easily.
MediaBrazil forum Website - Youtube Channel
MQ9-1.6.0.29 - 09.15.2023 - Aeon MQ Skin Team
MarcosQui Website Donate and support us.
(2019-12-21, 16:17)Wanilton Wrote: Get previous version script, edit addon.xml, rename version number to 3.0.0, will return to work fine...it´s one way to fix easily.
Ok Thanks

[EDIT]
It works fine
(2019-12-17, 22:24)pkscout Wrote: I downloaded the skin to see if I could figure out what needed to be changed, but changing the one place I saw the old ArtistSlideshow property didn't seem to help, and after a few other attempts I didn't get anything that works.  It's probably a relatively simple change if you understand the skin, but I don't use this skin and had a hard time just figuring out how to get AS to trigger.  Hopefully one of the authors can handle it.  You should be able to revert to the older version from the main repo.  If not, you can download it here:

Thank you so much, i succeed reverting to 2.x version with the zip you provide.

Best regards and happy new year.

Thank you for your work.
How did you manage to stop all the error messages?

I reverted back to the older version of Artist Slideshow and reset the skin, but the errors remained.
I also disabled updates to Artist Slideshow.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aeon MQ Skin No Longer Compatible with Artist Slideshow 3.0 - Do Not Update -SOLVED1