Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [RELEASE] Library watchdog
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I can't for the life of me get this to work with frodo.
I've tried changing the delay. I can't think of anything else I can do as there isn't really many options to change in configuration.
When either new files are added, or files deleted, there is no change. Unless I manually force an library update.

Please help. Has anyone else had this. Absolutely love this add on and would really like to get it working.
Thanks
Hasn't been working for me either for some time.

edit: just downloaded the latest git, and it's working for my music source but not my videos.
Funnily enough my music works too but movies and tv are a no go.
I had another thread going on about problems with my library updating. It was a SMB problem that went to the normal library. I am not quite sure if it was watchdog related or not but it got to the point I had to do a complete reinstall of XBMC. Maybe somoene here can shine some light on if it was a watchdog problem or something else.

First I use flexraid to pool my drive together into an M:\ drive. I share a few folders out for XBMC. I was able to add them as smb and everything sometimes worked ok with new files where it scanned the content etc. then movies stopped scanning. TV shows works fine but new movies I had to manually add. The other option was going to the videos source and hitting scan for new content. Even going to the context menu and selecting update library would only do TV shows and skip movies. Turned watchdog off and same problem. Now Afte ra full reinstall I blew out mysql and the SMB shares and only doing local files its working.

I guess my question is even with watchdog disabled i was still having the problem. Does it change certain files that would have still caused it? I want to run watchdog again and maybe possibly go back to mysql and setup the shares as SMB but I dont want to have to start over again if the problem happens.

As a note.. While movies wouldnt auto pickup (top right corner would seem it was only looking to TVdb and not my movies scrapper at all) if I deleted a movie from the movies folder it would auto clean the library as I had it configured. So it saw the directory.

Here is my thread and todays post with a few debugs. maybe someone knows the issue even if its not currently on watchdog.
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1363108
@jjmucker @redhalo: please update to latest v0.7.3 and report back. If it still persist, read the part about "other issues" in the first post.
(2013-03-11, 20:54)hewligun Wrote: [ -> ]I guess my question is even with watchdog disabled i was still having the problem. Does it change certain files that would have still caused it? I want to run watchdog again and maybe possibly go back to mysql and setup the shares as SMB but I dont want to have to start over again if the problem happens.

As a note.. While movies wouldnt auto pickup (top right corner would seem it was only looking to TVdb and not my movies scrapper at all) if I deleted a movie from the movies folder it would auto clean the library as I had it configured. So it saw the directory.

Here is my thread and todays post with a few debugs. maybe someone knows the issue even if its not currently on watchdog.
The addon doesn't touch any files, settings or the database. It only calls the built-in UpdateLibrary function, so I don't think that's it. Actually, it might even help you debug as it will log all the create/delete events that occur on the file system.
Hi Takoi, Ran some tests and this is what im getting.

Its ADDING new Movies, but NOT deleting them.
Its NOT adding new tv, and NOT deleting them.
Its ADDING new music, AND deleting them.
Hope ive pasted this ok. Ive had to delete alot of the stuff as i could only paste 500kbs. I think ive kept the important parts in though. I had a quick look through it and even though ( i think ) it says watchdog deleted the movie "8 mile", it didnt. I had to manually trigger a library update. Watchdog did however, re add it when i put it back into my /movies folder.

here is the paste. Hope its all still there as i did have to delete half of that.
http://pastebin.com/sswaYFSG
(2013-03-12, 13:13)jjmucker Wrote: [ -> ]Hope ive pasted this ok. Ive had to delete alot of the stuff as i could only paste 500kbs. I think ive kept the important parts in though. I had a quick look through it and even though ( i think ) it says watchdog deleted the movie "8 mile", it didnt. I had to manually trigger a library update. Watchdog did however, re add it when i put it back into my /movies folder.

here is the paste. Hope its all still there as i did have to delete half of that.
http://pastebin.com/sswaYFSG
You don't happen to have 'Clean library when files are moved or deleted' off do you? That delete line just means it was detected but then it decided not to delete it because either the setting is disabled or xbmc is busy.
Hi Takoi, I did at first but then i tried that on, still the same am afraid. I really thought that as soon as i switched that on, it would then work.
(2013-03-12, 13:35)jjmucker Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Takoi, I did at first but then i tried that on, still the same am afraid. I really thought that as soon as i switched that on, it would then work.
And you have of course restarted xbmc after switching it on?
Yeah but I'll do a full pc restart and get back to you.
Thanks. Smile

Still doing it buddy. Restarted PC, then went into XBMC, physically deleted a movie, and it was still in there, had to manually force library update to delete it.
@takoi is there something wrong with watchdog? I tried to download it last night and it wouldnt download from the repo. Going to changelog it said no info available.

(2013-03-12, 12:08)takoi Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-03-11, 20:54)hewligun Wrote: [ -> ]I guess my question is even with watchdog disabled i was still having the problem. Does it change certain files that would have still caused it? I want to run watchdog again and maybe possibly go back to mysql and setup the shares as SMB but I dont want to have to start over again if the problem happens.

The addon doesn't touch any files, settings or the database. It only calls the built-in UpdateLibrary function, so I don't think that's it. Actually, it might even help you debug as it will log all the create/delete events that occur on the file system.
I found my problem. The filehash I guess in XBMC looking for the MAIN folders update. so if i use c:\videos\movies the modified date on the movies folder needs to be real-time for the update library to work. FlexRaid wasent updating when a new file was placed in there. It was a bug on flexraid which caused it to not update. Not that you care but it might help others who end up having issues.
Last night I noticed watchdog updated and ever since that, it pops up on xbmc startup and tells me that it is not watching my storage/Movies/TV

How do I resolve this? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Shedrock
(2013-03-12, 19:23)shedrock Wrote: [ -> ]Last night I noticed watchdog updated and ever since that, it pops up on xbmc startup and tells me that it is not watching my storage/Movies/TV

How do I resolve this? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Shedrock

The same with me.

It always tells me that it couldn't watch storage/videos.
On this Path i mounted my NFS-share from my Synology-NAS.

Anybody got any idea how to fix that?