Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Bay Trail-D motherboards
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My pipo x7 has noe been despatched via dhl so should have it soon. I'll report back on the audio capabilities in windows and if I can install openelec on it
(2015-01-04, 01:29)fritsch Wrote: [ -> ]In theory (and this is something many people mix with the reality), we can also get lanczso3 upscaling (via vpp) + Motion adapative deinterlacing (vpp).

But for this to happen, wenn need
a) Completely rewrite our VAAPI implementation to use EGL within X11. This would give us the possibility to not use the vaPutSurface infrastructure, skip the full rgb conversion and so on
b) Make intel fix their vaapi driver for IVB+BYT, which did not yet happen.

And until this happens, most likely skylake chips with much more power are already available ...

I have stopped buying the latest and greatest and just buy (for personal use) what currently does the job, that I want and the baytrail is currently not there yet and until it is there, it's obsolete :-)

If you only want to watch bluray rips (1080p24) with bitstream audio - it will do the job brilliantly. It can also decode 4K h264 ... but nothing else.

It's unfortunate that the Linux Intel drivers are the way they are. However for those using Windows we already get motion adaptive deinterlacing and lanczos3 upscaling via GPU on Bay Trail using DXVA in Kodi.
I don't know the DXVA code too detailed, but I am not sure that's really the case.
Chris P Bacon and Goujam - My X7 should get to me early next week.

Goujam - 32 vs 64 bit UEFI flies right over my head. Hopefully the helpful chap over at Freaktab will be able to get Openelec running...
(2015-01-10, 23:56)malcolmbarr Wrote: [ -> ]Chris P Bacon and Goujam - My X7 should get to me early next week.

Goujam - 32 vs 64 bit UEFI flies right over my head. Hopefully the helpful chap over at Freaktab will be able to get Openelec running...

He has hit the problem it won't boot the openelec stick as its expecting a 32bit uefi but its not on the stick so it boots straight into windows.
I have my Pipo x7 it turned up today but I dont have a hdmi lead at work so ill try and boot it up tonight and try KODI
(2014-12-13, 02:30)Matt Devo Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-12-13, 01:32)XSplash Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

I vary between a BRIX with J1900 or 2955U. Mostly I want to stream 1080p content from a NAS. Maybe I have some SD content / streams which need to be upscaled. Are there cases where I need the 4 cores of the J1900 or is it better to have two stronger single cores and a better gpu?
Is it possible to stream Netflix or Amazon Instant Video in HD from a browser with these processors? The OS will be linux based, so bitstream of DTS-HD and Dolby TrueHD is no problem, right?

2955U for sure. Netflix HD via Chrome (HTML5) works, not sure about AIV. HD audio bitstreaming should work for both under Linux

That is good to know for XBMC but I would also be interested in Steam streaming. Would the 2955U also be better for that? (I know not really XBMC related but....)
It should be better for everything
Hi

I'm thinking about replacing my now aged atom that I use for a file server/download box for a J1800, but I started to think that it could also replace my aging android box with XBMC (dual core, M3 CPU like the Pivos XIOS). how well does it play 720p and 1080p content with H264 and hi10p? I've seen that 4K content is playable with not much frame drop, but I'm mor einterested in anime with hi10p. or maybe should I look for a J1900? or neither can do the job? (if this last one happens then I'd just buy a J1800 for replacing server purposes and get a newer android box with 8 cores and hope for the best I guess).

Edit: I'm looking at the Asus J1800i-c, which seems to be the better choice among all the ones I've checked; I also intend to plug a USB 3.0 PCI-e card on the PCI-e 1x slot, so the A revision is no good.
Hi folks,

I recently did a MB refresh for my HTPC. I decided on a Gigabyte GA-J1900N-D2H because I wanted a fanless system. So far everything seems to work as expected, except for bitstreaming DTS-HD and Dolby TrueHD. Randomly and quite often my AVR (actually a PreAmp/Processor) reports DTS-HD at 192kHz for a 48 kHz stream. This causes a terrible, crackling noise from the speakers. This seems to be raleted to the changing of the refresh rate to match the video. When changing to match a "DVD" video it works fine. Most of the "BluRay" rips are 23.976 fps so I changed the default refresh rate from 60 Hz to 23.976 Hz. In this case Kodi doesn't need change the refresh rate for most of my BluRay rips. But I stll have some rips at 24 fps, and for those the problem still occurs.

I'm running OpenElec 5.0.

Any help or feedback would be appreciated, because I have run out of ideas.

- Janne
hi Janne

Have you tried hi10p files?
No, just ordinary Bluray and DVD files.
(2015-01-23, 12:02)JanneT Wrote: [ -> ]Hi folks,

I recently did a MB refresh for my HTPC. I decided on a Gigabyte GA-J1900N-D2H because I wanted a fanless system. So far everything seems to work as expected, except for bitstreaming DTS-HD and Dolby TrueHD. Randomly and quite often my AVR (actually a PreAmp/Processor) reports DTS-HD at 192kHz for a 48 kHz stream. This causes a terrible, crackling noise from the speakers. This seems to be raleted to the changing of the refresh rate to match the video. When changing to match a "DVD" video it works fine. Most of the "BluRay" rips are 23.976 fps so I changed the default refresh rate from 60 Hz to 23.976 Hz. In this case Kodi doesn't need change the refresh rate for most of my BluRay rips. But I stll have some rips at 24 fps, and for those the problem still occurs.

I'm running OpenElec 5.0.

Any help or feedback would be appreciated, because I have run out of ideas.

- Janne

I did some more tests. I don't think this is related to the hardware. I created a 5 seconds mkv file with the same fps as the movie but without dts-hd audio. So in this case I had "Movie - part 1.mkv" and "Movie - part 2.mkv". The 5 seconds intro made the refresh rate to stabilize before the main movie began. In this case the audio worked as expected.

I will find another forum to diskuss this. I don't think this is the optimal solution to add a short intro to every movie :-)

- Janne
Important Info for the 1.st Post?
https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=88012
Well, I bit the bullet and bought a GA-J1900N-D2H with 4GB RAM, and even though I really haven't set up the computer for HTPC use yet (I replaced my old 1 core Atom) the tests I did run gave me good results with both 8bit 1080pvideos as well as 10bit videos (I just don't remember if I tested 1080p, but I think I did)