Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Audio Profiles - Easy switch between different audio settings
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25
(2017-01-11, 21:26)Mastakilla Wrote: [ -> ]* I set my audio device in MS Windows to the JBL Bluetooth speaker
* I started Kodi and tested that the audio is indeed coming from the JBL Bluetooth speaker and NOT from my Panasonic TV

Why you change setting in Windows? You must change settings in KODI in System -> Audio this setttings my Addon can stored.

You must do it this way:
1. Start KODI and set settings in System -> Audio for Panasonic TV, play some video and check that sound is from Panasonic. Now go to Program -> Audio Profiles and save as first profile.

2. Go to audio settings again and set it for Bluetooth speaker? Check it. If sound is playing in speakers than go to Audio profile and save as second profile.

You can not change anything in Windows.
Ok, I feel so stupid now...

When you say "System", I though you meant in the OS...
When doing it in Kodi, it works like a charm Wink

Thanks
I know that you write in the description that this only works up to 15.1. But is there anyway to make this work on 16.1?

Kind regards,
Sorry for bad info. It works on 16 and 17

edit: Where you see this info? I can't find it.
On the first page it says "Works only on Gotham, Helix and Isengard"

And when I upgraded to 16.1 my osd button doesn't show, even though the code is still in the config file.

Kind regards,
Something is changed in skin xml files.

You must replace:

// Updated information in the post #3 of this thread.
The new version is coming and with it exciting features:
- Automatic content detection and enable suitable profile
- Sending HDMI-CEC Commands to wake up or sleep your AVR or TV

I need someone who has a device ready for use CEC and would like to test it.
(2017-01-31, 11:32)Regss Wrote: [ -> ]The new version is coming and with it exciting features:
- Automatic content detection and enable suitable profile
- Sending HDMI-CEC Commands to wake up or sleep your AVR or TV

I need someone who has a device ready for use CEC and would like to test it.

The HDMI-CEC will be especially useful for those, who have a newer AVR unit that supports HDMI Standby Passthrough option (and CEC, but CEC is supported for those units where Standby Passthrough is available).
(2017-01-19, 10:47)Regss Wrote: [ -> ]Something is changed in skin xml files.

You must replace:
Code:
<control type="togglebutton" id="299">
    <left>-55</left>
    <top>0</top>
    <width>55</width>
    <height>55</height>
    <label>Audio Profiles</label>
    <font>-</font>
    <texturefocus>OSDAudioProfilesFO.png</texturefocus>
    <texturenofocus>OSDAudioProfilesNF.png</texturenofocus>
    <alttexturefocus>OSDAudioProfilesFO.png</alttexturefocus>
    <alttexturenofocus>OSDAudioProfilesNF.png</alttexturenofocus>
    <onleft>205</onleft>
    <onright>255</onright>
    <onup>1000</onup>
    <ondown>1000</ondown>
    <onclick>Close</onclick>
    <onclick>XBMC.RunScript(script.audio.profiles,0)</onclick>
</control>

To:
Code:
<control type="togglebutton" id="299">
    <width>55</width>
    <height>55</height>
    <label>Audio Profiles</label>
    <font>-</font>
    <texturefocus>OSDAudioProfilesFO.png</texturefocus>
    <texturenofocus>OSDAudioProfilesNF.png</texturenofocus>
    <onleft>205</onleft>
    <onright>255</onright>
    <onup>1000</onup>
    <ondown>1000</ondown>
    <onclick>Close</onclick>
    <onclick>XBMC.RunScript(script.audio.profiles,0)</onclick>
</control>

and replace:
Code:
<control type="image" id="2600">
    <width>325</width>
    <texture>-</texture>
    <visible>!VideoPlayer.Content(LiveTV) + !VideoPlayer.HasMenu</visible>
</control>

to:
Code:
<control type="image" id="2600">
    <width>270</width>
    <texture>-</texture>
    <visible>!VideoPlayer.Content(LiveTV) + !VideoPlayer.HasMenu</visible>
</control>

Does this apply for Kodi 17 Krypton ?
No. This is only for confluance. I try do it something like that for new skin in Krypton

Wysłane z mojego GT-I9301I przy użyciu Tapatalka
v. 1.2.0 was released. Available now from my repository, and soon from official.
Hi Regss,

Thanks for your work!

I have one question: which profile is used for the videos that are no part of Movies, TV Series and TV (PVR) such as personal camera recordings, video played through add-on (e.g. YouTube add-on), etc.?

Thanks in advance for your clarification.
Now I see that this is not the end of the perfect.
Depending on the addon or rather its author the content is played in kodi one time is presented as "video" other as a "movie".

At this moment the content playing from Addons one time will be subject to the profile set for Movies and sometimes no profile will be activated.

Video not added to the library opened through the file manager, ie. recordings from the camera are assigned to the profile set for Movies.

You can help me to clean this up. Download this autoexec.py and put it into userdata folder. Now in kodi.log after start of play you see exactly what content is played.
example output:
Code:
11:51:15 T:3756  NOTICE: ..::[AUDIO PROFILES TEST]::.. DATA: {"item":{"title":"","type":"movie"},"player":{"playerid":1,"speed":1}}
this is output for video played from files manager not from library

Code:
11:30:43 T:3756  NOTICE: ..::[AUDIO PROFILES TEST]::.. DATA: {"item":{"id":14,"type":"movie"},"player":{"playerid":1,"speed":1}}
this is for movieplayed from library contains id

Code:
14:32:31 T:2336  NOTICE: ..::[AUDIO PROFILES TEST]::.. DATA: {"item":{"title":"","type":"video","year":2017},"player":{"playerid":1,"speed":1}}
from youttube plugin

Code:
14:32:31 T:2336  NOTICE: ..::[AUDIO PROFILES TEST]::.. DATA: {"item":{"title":"","type":"movie","year":2017},"player":{"playerid":1,"speed":1}}
from other addons

I can simply add two more options to select profiles for:
1. Movies from library
2. Other video (it will be recordings, add-on video and other)
I Regss,

Thanks for your prompt reply!

For my personal case, in fact, I would have the issue when switching from music to some video add-on, i.e. the profile would remain on my S/PDIF while I would need the Speakers instead.

I'm going to make just a try with the video add-on I use and report back the label.

Anyway, I think that just one additional option such as "Other video" as you suggested would be enough to manage all the possible cases. Don't think is necessary to add a "Movies from library" (they are in fact tagged as movies).

Do you think you can manage it shortly? I will be of course available to translate any additional label you need to insert.

Thanks for your effort!
Ok, the following is the result of playing a video with the add-on:

Code:
15:30:28.268 T:9848  NOTICE: ..::[AUDIO PROFILES TEST]::.. METHOD: Player.OnPlay
15:30:28.268 T:9848  NOTICE: ..::[AUDIO PROFILES TEST]::.. DATA: {"item":{"type":"unknown"},"player":{"playerid":1,"speed":1}}

So I think that you should consider also the case of type "unknown".

Would this be an issue?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25