Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Audio Profiles - Easy switch between different audio settings
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25
unknown type maybe also in audio addons like radio stations. Confused

I added also musicvideo type
(2017-02-06, 16:38)Regss Wrote: [ -> ]unknown type maybe also in audio addons like radio stations. ;/

I added also musicvideo type

Ok...for the "unknown" I can imagine a "Default profile" that is loaded every time that the content does not match any other case. What do you think?

And yes! We forgot the Music Video!!! Lol!
I have to sort out in my head. Default can be confusing, User might think that by setting only the "default" option it will be set for all content not only for "unknown".
(2017-02-06, 16:50)Regss Wrote: [ -> ]I have to sort out in my head. Default can be confusing, User might think that by setting only the "default" option it will be set for all content not only for "unknown".

Agree...what about "Other media (video/audio)" or "Fallback"?
Regss,
Thanks ta lot!!!
My Setup: HTPC DVBViewer PVR - DAC - Power Amp (no AVR), 5.1. for videos and 2.1 for music

Tried it today - some observations:

Automatic switching to PVR works if you switch to Live TV channels and change channel again
Auto switching to Radio channels also switches also to PVR profile and not to Music profile
Music and movie files aren't recognized....

So with my setup I need only two profiles: Video and Music
- PVR TV channels --> Video
- PVR Radio channels --> Music
- Music from DB and files --> Music
- Movies from DB and files --> Video
- Spotify addon --> Music
- YouTube addon --> Video
and so on.....

Will try your autoexec.py soon.

Thanks again
Thanks you!
Really appreciate the Auto Switcher update.
I'm having some real trouble getting this to work.

I have 2 profiles. 1 for music which in audio settings is set to fixed 5.1 and movies which is set to pass through.

I've enabled pop ups and can see audio profiles changing the mode yet no passthrough on movies for some reason.

Any suggestion why this isn't switching audio to passthrough?

It seems to work first time after saving the movies profile but if I go to music then back to movies it doesn't switch.
I managed to bypass the issue above by setting a different profile for GUI apart from fixed.

The add on seems to have real trouble using the "Fixed" audio option and just seems to use which ever profile is active before switching to fixed despite the gui saying otherwise.
(2017-02-06, 20:54)candrian Wrote: [ -> ]Automatic switching to PVR works if you switch to Live TV channels and change channel again

You mean that every time you change the channel Audio Profiles switching a profile?

(2017-02-06, 20:54)candrian Wrote: [ -> ]Auto switching to Radio channels also switches also to PVR profile and not to Music profile
Music and movie files aren't recognized....

Yes, it can be. I need to see what autoexec.py returns for both kinds of content.

(2017-02-06, 23:02)GTunney Wrote: [ -> ]I managed to bypass the issue above by setting a different profile for GUI apart from fixed.

The add on seems to have real trouble using the "Fixed" audio option and just seems to use which ever profile is active before switching to fixed despite the gui saying otherwise.

Manual switch (using keyboard or remote) working correctly without using the automatic function?
Ok. Now settings look like that:

Profile for GUI - onStop
Video:
Profile for Movies - onPlay type = "movie" contains id
Profile for Video (not from library) - onPlay type = "movie" without id or type = "video". Generally for video from addons or video from file manager like cam recordings
Profile for TVShows - onPlay type = "episode"
Profile for PVR TV - onPlay type = "channel" and channeltype = "tv"
Audio:
Profile for Music - onPlay type = "song"
Profile for Music videos - onPlay type = "musicvideo"
Profile for PVR Radio - onPlay type = "channel" and channeltype = "radio"
Other:
Profile for Unknown content type - onPlay type = "unknown"

Does it make sense to demarcation of music from the library and music played from addons or file manager?

If someone want help to translate: https://www.transifex.com/movielib/audio...languages/
(2017-02-07, 11:56)Regss Wrote: [ -> ]If someone want help to translate: https://www.transifex.com/movielib/audio...languages/

italian translation done!
Peppe
(2017-02-07, 09:36)Regss Wrote: [ -> ][quote='candrian' pid='2518093' dateline='1486407266']
Automatic switching to PVR works if you switch to Live TV channels and change channel again

You mean that every time you change the channel Audio Profiles switching a profile?

If you switch from e.g. music or movie to TV channel, then there's no auto-switch to PVR profile. Only if you change then the channel it recognizes and switches to the PVR profile. That happens on every channel switch.
Not sure about the settings....

Just fyi: I'm using the addon "Automatic audio switcher", which works perfectly on auto switching between audio <-> video, but has limited functionality. Using your profiles is much better Wink.
Maybe you can check the codeHuh

Thanks for all your effort!
I don't have any PVR device. Paste this autoexec.py to userdata/ folder and start PVR in kodi. Then check kodi.log what method and data is returned when you start PVR and when you change channel.
(2017-02-07, 13:24)candrian Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-02-07, 09:36)Regss Wrote: [ -> ][quote='candrian' pid='2518093' dateline='1486407266']

If you switch from e.g. music or movie to TV channel, then there's no auto-switch to PVR profile. Only if you change then the channel it recognizes and switches to the PVR profile. That happens on every channel switch.
Not sure about the settings....

Just fyi: I'm using the addon "Automatic audio switcher", which works perfectly on auto switching between audio <-> video, but has limited functionality. Using your profiles is much better Wink.
Maybe you can check the codeHuh

Thanks for all your effort!

I will check again, but for me it it working. I mean if I switch from Movies or TV Shows to PVR then it switches the profile fine. On the side note, I have Movies, TV shows, and PVR linked to same profile, and only Music to Profile2.
(2017-02-07, 11:56)Regss Wrote: [ -> ]Ok. Now settings look like that:

Profile for GUI - onStop
Video:
Profile for Movies - onPlay type = "movie" contains id
Profile for Video (not from library) - onPlay type = "movie" without id or type = "video". Generally for video from addons or video from file manager like cam recordings
Profile for TVShows - onPlay type = "episode"
Profile for PVR TV - onPlay type = "channel" and channeltype = "tv"
Audio:
Profile for Music - onPlay type = "song"
Profile for Music videos - onPlay type = "musicvideo"
Profile for PVR Radio - onPlay type = "channel" and channeltype = "radio"
Other:
Profile for Unknown content type - onPlay type = "unknown"

Does it make sense to demarcation of music from the library and music played from addons or file manager?

If someone want help to translate: https://www.transifex.com/movielib/audio...languages/

I think it is perfectly fine. Don't think there is need to differentiate music played from library/addon/file manager, but perhaps others will see this differently.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25