Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Google Nexus Player
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2015-02-05, 15:24)trvbone Wrote: [ -> ]How did the movie go?

100% fine, except that it was pretty average itself, no issues at all with the ARM build. 2hrs with no problems.
So oooo switch back to the arm build.....?
Installed Kodi 14.1 x86 on the LolliRock ROM for the Nexus Player and Kodi runs just as well on this as the stock ROM of the Nexus player.
Hello. After reading posts and watching YouTube videos it was stated that the x86 version was causing issues so not to use it. They stated to use the arm version. Is that correct information. Or does the new 14.1 x86 version correct the issues. Which should I use. Any help would be appreciated. Would love to hear from the kodi team. Thank you.
Read this thread rather than watch random Youtube vids Wink
X86 build is fine now.
(2015-02-10, 01:01)Koying Wrote: [ -> ]Read this thread rather than watch random Youtube vids Wink
X86 build is fine now.
Thanks!

Do you kno what are big difference between x86 and ARM version in NP?
Thank you. Will do.
Hey guys i'm thinking of getting a nexus player to replace my apple tv 2. From what i understand the x86 version works fine now right? That's the 14.1 not the dev 15.0? Any other limitations or issues is should be aware of before making the jump?
(2015-02-10, 01:01)Koying Wrote: [ -> ]Read this thread rather than watch random Youtube vids Wink
X86 build is fine now.

Should the wiki page be updated then?
I have been trying to get my Nexus Player (running right now with Kodi 14.1 x86) to stream Live TV. I can stream 720p and lower definition TV just fine for a few minutes but then it starts to get chopping/skipping/and eventually it can't even handle the stream any longer.

I have tried this on x86 and ARM for version 14.1. My PVR is ServerWMC as well as WMC on Windows 8.1. I can play back any movies in 1080p that are stored on my network but streaming Live TV is impossible on 1080i channels. 720p and lower start off fine but after about 10 minutes, they start to get choppy as well.

My TV Tuner is an HDHomeRun Extended. I tried to reproduce the issue on my computer to see if it was something with the tuner but Kodi on my computer streaming live tv even on 1080i channels works like a charm. With that said, are there some limitations with the Nexus Player to stream Live TV?

Thanks
I have installed 14.1 x86 on my Nexus player running Lollipop. I can't seem to stream any live TV content for more than a few minutes. The video freezes while the audio is still being streamed. I have tried to use both RMTP(Flash) and HTTP streaming from the addon settings but there is no difference. Hitting the home button from the nexus player remote repeatedly will work sometimes but often I have to hard reboot the player. Are there any tweaks that can help?

Thanks
(2015-02-23, 00:58)girishrau Wrote: [ -> ]I have installed 14.1 x86 on my Nexus player running Lollipop. I can't seem to stream any live TV content for more than a few minutes. The video freezes while the audio is still being streamed. I have tried to use both RMTP(Flash) and HTTP streaming from the addon settings but there is no difference. Hitting the home button from the nexus player remote repeatedly will work sometimes but often I have to hard reboot the player. Are there any tweaks that can help?

Thanks
I am in the same boat as you. I can't get live TV going on my NP. What tuner are you using? I have an HDHomeRun tuner. I am going to try something that doesn't necessarily solve my problem or your problem but it's at least a workaround for me.

Since I have a smart TV, the TV can pick up my HDHomeRun via my network as a media device within my TV. I'll watch live TV that way. I won't have any pause features of course. For anything I want to record, I'll do that using Yatse remote to set my recordings or even via Kodi on my computer. I can then select recordings via Kodi on my Nexus Player to at least watched recorded shows using Kodi on my Nexus Player.

To me it almost seems as if Kodi on the Nexus Player runs out of memory to stream live TV. I say this because with 720p content or lower, playback starts fines and after a few minutes of live streaming, it gets choppy and the image and sound becomes unbearable. 1080i from the start is unbearable. Maybe there are some tweaks we can do? In this thread, there is talk about setting "cachemembuffer" or something like that to 0. However, I don't know where to even find that setting. I also don't know if that is what we need.
I even have problems playing video with playing youtube video outside of Kodi. So i just blame the device
Two weeks after buying the first Nexus player, I sold my Apple ATV2 ($170) , and purchased my second Nexus player. It is running ARM.
I have a three story house with the router (Cisco 610N) on the first floor, I am running all contents with NO dropouts, no buffering, no crashing, no problem.

Power consumption is tiny. WAF is very very high. (Size....No crashes...).

My HTPC's are getting very nervous. One is already sitting in the storage room.

I can't say enough good about it.
"WAF" What is this