Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 15.0) Part 2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2015-04-15, 15:57)evanspae Wrote: [ -> ]Just a query on recent DTS HD-MA support. I am now happily listening to multichannel HD audio on RPI2 using build #0412.
My source is ripped 176.4K 24bit 5.1 flac material.

When I play this material with passthrough on a PC with Kodi 15.0, my Denon 2313 and Kodi display correct content info ie 176.6K 24 bit 5.1.

If I play the same file with software decode on the RPI2 with DTS passthrough off, the RPI2 displays correct media ifo 176.4k 24bit 5.1 but the Denon now displays 88.2K 24bit (5.1 multi in).

If the PCM data output from the RPI2 is bit exact how come it now displays 88.1k on the Denon. Is there a error flagging the 5.1 PCM output from the RPI2?

The Pi hardware is limited to 8 channel @ 96kHz (or 4 channels at 192kHz). If you go above this, it will resample down.
(2015-04-15, 04:27)parcel Wrote: [ -> ]build 0414 video codec looks ok but not audio. cannot hear audio oftenly.
build 0412(not 0212, sorry) works ok with same streaming source.

source raise heavy buffering. playing after fill buffer, audio is gone.

kodi0414.7z - 628 KB

Please use a paste site (like xbmclogs.com). I don't want to have to use a file downloader site, enter captchas and unzip files to see them.
Can you confirm if 0413 is good/bad?
(2015-04-15, 16:22)popcornmix Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-04-15, 15:57)evanspae Wrote: [ -> ]Just a query on recent DTS HD-MA support. I am now happily listening to multichannel HD audio on RPI2 using build #0412.
My source is ripped 176.4K 24bit 5.1 flac material.

When I play this material with passthrough on a PC with Kodi 15.0, my Denon 2313 and Kodi display correct content info ie 176.6K 24 bit 5.1.

If I play the same file with software decode on the RPI2 with DTS passthrough off, the RPI2 displays correct media ifo 176.4k 24bit 5.1 but the Denon now displays 88.2K 24bit (5.1 multi in).

If the PCM data output from the RPI2 is bit exact how come it now displays 88.1k on the Denon. Is there a error flagging the 5.1 PCM output from the RPI2?

The Pi hardware is limited to 8 channel @ 96kHz (or 4 channels at 192kHz). If you go above this, it will resample down.

Ok that explains still sound good!!
(2015-04-15, 15:17)zaphod24 Wrote: [ -> ]Seeing some strange behavior again with some of the test videos from http://solidrun.maltegrosse.de/~fritsch/

I only have dvdplayer enabled and also the options to adjust the display rate to the video and to sync based on the video and resample the audio. I've attached the log from playing file 1080i50_h264_mbaff.mp4 last night. It never showed the video and didn't seem to get off of the file selection screen. The audio would play periodically and then stop. None of the remote control buttons worked (such as stop). I even tried the XBMC remote app for a smart phone which normally works fine and that also did not work. I finally ended up using SSH and rebooting.

http://sprunge.us/QJDI

I've just been through all the fritsch samples with dvdplayer and I didn't get your failure. I've played the mbaff sample multiple times.
How repeatable is this? From a clean boot will a specific file always fail? Or a specific sequence?

EDIT: Okay - I have seen it. Seems if it starts okay, then whole file plays, but sometimes there will an error on startup when deinterlace is (automatically) enabled.
I suspect the problem won't occur with deinterlace set to "Off".
Hrm. I already had deinterlacing set to auto and with the changes available in 0414 I defaulted the method to auto. Hoping to keep those settings in auto.
(2015-04-15, 18:59)zaphod24 Wrote: [ -> ]Hrm. I already had deinterlacing set to auto and with the changes available in 0414 I defaulted the method to auto. Hoping to keep those settings in auto.

Sure, auto is the recommended and default setting for deinterlace.
Just saying that if problem goes away with deinterlace is set to "Off" that is a useful data point in diagnosing the problem.
The "auto" setting still needs fixing of course.
(2015-04-13, 23:30)popcornmix Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-04-13, 17:19)Jönke Wrote: [ -> ]Can´t see no improvement on 1080i stream here, still micro stutter on both recordings and live tv from Tvheadend. Tested with both players and omxplayer is better but not good.

Here is sample @popcornmix if you want to take a look https://www.dropbox.com/s/kis9cyy9k1st80...6.mkv?dl=0

That file seemed to play well for me. Not the easiest clip to judge, as it's filmed with a shaky hand held camera, but I don't believe I see any frame drops.
Looked the same with omxplayer and dvdplayer.

I assume you have "adjust display refresh to display" enabled, and TV is switching to a 50Hz mode?
You have deinterlace enabled? (auto should be fine)
You are playing fullscreen? (not in window or background?)

Can you describe the "micro stutter". Do you believe it is happening all the time (e.g. many times a second), or are you just getting occasional drops (if so how many would be typical during that 45s clip)?

Made a fresh install and i think that solved it !

One new issue cant set gui to 1920*1080@50, 1920*1080@50 always changes back to desktop
(2015-04-15, 19:25)Jönke Wrote: [ -> ]One new issue cant set gui to 1920*1080@50, 1920*1080@50 always changes back to desktop

Does that cause an issue? DESKTOP is just the resolution you booted in.
Yes i causes a short black screen in live tv when goes from preview to fullscreen and when i open menu in live tv
(2015-04-15, 19:37)Jönke Wrote: [ -> ]Yes i causes a short black screen in live tv when goes from preview to fullscreen and when i open menu in live tv

Can you report output of "tvservice -s" when in preview and when in fullscreen?
Yes will do later tonight. One more thing its a omxplayer issue only.
(2015-04-12, 15:11)Milhouse Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-04-12, 11:24)Patrics83 Wrote: [ -> ]Pixelated vertical multicolored (mostly green) line on some photos and movie posters.
Screenshot of a photo | Original photo
Screenshot of a poster

Known issue, not specific to RPi or these builds:

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=196400

Thanks for the link! I can't understand that I missed that one... :/

Any ideas about this issue?

(2015-04-12, 11:24)Patrics83 Wrote: [ -> ]Since #0406 I get lots of frame skipping when watching dvd iso (maybe even with other formats as well but I haven't had time to check yet..)
http://sprunge.us/HPcT - #0406
http://sprunge.us/fPiG - #0405 (previous build that works)

I gave #0414 a try but the problem persist... If you need more details just let me know.

/Patric
(2015-04-15, 01:25)Milhouse Wrote: [ -> ]My guess would be the plymouth-lite change in PR:4085 has broken the splash functionality. I'll need to do a clean build to confirm.

debug log (wiki) for the screen going black issue.

I feel so stupid because I can't reproduce the blanking issue. Did a manual update and forced fsck (again) and no black screen 1 sec after starting a stream. All setting on my PI2 are default, except for omxplayer (is enabled). Tried with just mmal and with both omxplayer and mmal enabled. Seems fine now. Will test some more and report back (with debug log).

The oemsplash (oemsplash.png on /flash that is, not the default one) is not displayed but of minor relevance, at least to me.

BTW Thank you very much for all your hard work and a really briljant piece of software.
(2015-04-15, 21:03)Patrics83 Wrote: [ -> ]I gave #0414 a try but the problem persist... If you need more details just let me know.

From the build you idenified, this is most likely:
[mmalcodec] Remove the decoder queue and use gpu timestamps

I've just tried a DVD ISO (Grand Budapest Hotel) and it's playing smoothly.
Could you provide a sample file? E.g. create a few minute long sample using a DVD ISO editing tool.
(2015-04-15, 21:44)charlieroot Wrote: [ -> ]The oemsplash (oemsplash.png on /flash that is, not the default one) is not displayed but of minor relevance, at least to me.

The splash will be fixed in the next build.