Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 15.0) Part 2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
For those with slow CEC after the switch to libCEC 3.0.0, @popcornmix has updated his button repeating patches. I've uploaded test builds for anyone that can provide early feedback, otherwise the patches will be included as normal in the next build.

#0506b RPi / RPi2
Regarding the new SD driver, I've got 2 RPi2s. One shows this:

dmesg | grep SD
[ 1.289750] sdhci-pltfm: SDHCI platform and OF driver helper
[ 1.329236] mmc0: new high speed SDHC card at address 59b4
[ 1.329728] mmcblk0: mmc0:59b4 SDU16 14.9 GiB

and the other shows this:

dmesg | grep SD
[ 1.322710] DMA channels allocated for the SDHost driver
[ 1.369518] Load BCM2835 SDHost driver
[ 1.391383] sdhci-pltfm: SDHCI platform and OF driver helper
[ 1.525352] mmc0: new high speed SDHC card at address 59b4
[ 1.525791] mmcblk0: mmc0:59b4 SDU16 14.9 GiB

Both have dtoverlay=sdhost in /flash/config.txt and both are running the latest image, 20150506211110-#0506-gd91e2fc.

Is the new SD driver being used on the first RPi2?
Doesn't look like it, can you upload the output from "vcdbg log msg 2>&1" when run on the first Pi2.
Sure, output at http://sprunge.us/fDPY

Not sure why this is there:

001281.619: Failed to load overlay 'sdhost'

Since the overlay is there:

ls -al /flash/overlays/sdhost-overlay.dtb
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 2137 May 6 16:12 /flash/overlays/sdhost-overlay.dtb

One difference is that the device where sdhost is not working is using the composite output instead of HDMI as it is hooked to an old CRT TV.
I had a situation where my overlays folder had become corrupt (I had a file called "FSCK0000.REC" that looked like the contents of the overlays directory) and produced the same error in vcdbg. I'd suggest renaming or removing the overlays folder from the first Pi, then re-upgrading to #0506 so that a new overlays folder is copied over. Then see if you have a working sdhost.
(2015-05-06, 23:25)Milhouse Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-05-06, 17:08)Gregoire Wrote: [ -> ]As a plus; pvr iptv simple works like it's a real tv. Switching is smooth and fast. No trouble with kodi rebooting.

That's great, thanks for confirming at least one of the PVR addons is working! Smile

For anyone experiencing Kodi restarts - crashlogs are the minimum required to investigate further.

A crashlog from a debug-enabled build is best as the standard crashlog doesn't always contain the required information, but these debug-enabled builds require a FAT partition of 380MB or so - if you can resize your FAT partition please do so. I've uploaded debug builds based on #0505 here: RPi / RPi2

I would like to upload a log file,but I don't know how to resize the FAT partion, and is the logfiles just in the folder of \\smb\Logfiles? The zip file has ten logs, Should I upload them all?

BTW:Thank you for your hard work.
(2015-05-07, 05:17)startv Wrote: [ -> ]I would like to upload a log file,but I don't know how to resize the FAT partion, and is the logfiles just in the folder of \\smb\Logfiles? The zip file has ten logs, Should I upload them all?

No, those are the wrong logs. The crashlogs are in /storage/.kodi/temp - you'll need to access them using ssh (or sftp).

The easiest way to upload the most recent crashlog is to connect to the Pi with ssh (install/use PuTTY on Windows, username: root, password: openelec) then cut & paste the following command into ssh and execute it:
Code:
cat $(ls -1 /storage/.kodi/temp/kodi_crash* | tail -1) | pastebinit
then copy & paste the link.

As for resizing the FAT partition, the easiest way to do this would be with a Linux PC using gparted. If you've got a PC, try an Ubuntu Live CD or similar.
(2015-05-07, 05:52)Milhouse Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-05-07, 05:17)startv Wrote: [ -> ]I would like to upload a log file,but I don't know how to resize the FAT partion, and is the logfiles just in the folder of \\smb\Logfiles? The zip file has ten logs, Should I upload them all?

No, those are the wrong logs. The crashlogs are in /storage/.kodi/temp - you'll need to access them using ssh (or sftp).

The easiest way to upload the most recent crashlog is to connect to the Pi with ssh (install/use PuTTY on Windows, username: root, password: openelec) then cut & paste the following command into ssh and execute it:
Code:

As for resizing the FAT partition, the easiest way to do this would be with a Linux PC using gparted. If you've got a PC, try an Ubuntu Live CD or similar.

At this moment,I have no linux PC and ubuntu Live CD.So I update #0506 from OE 5.0.8, after I enabled DVBViewer PVR, the Pi2 continue rebooting,then I ssh in,and excute the command you just gived, the window show me:
ls: /storage/.kodi/temp/kodi_crash*: No such file or directory
what should I do the next step?

Maybe I missed something (setup),I'll try again late today。
(2015-05-07, 01:59)Milhouse Wrote: [ -> ]For those with slow CEC after the switch to libCEC 3.0.0, @popcornmix has updated his button repeating patches. I've uploaded test builds for anyone that can provide early feedback, otherwise the patches will be included as normal in the next build.

#0506b RPi / RPi2

It works as expected. Please, let me know where I can send you a lot of beer ^^

@popcornmix
You are the man, many... many thanks!
(2015-05-07, 08:49)slack3r Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-05-07, 01:59)Milhouse Wrote: [ -> ]For those with slow CEC after the switch to libCEC 3.0.0, @popcornmix has updated his button repeating patches. I've uploaded test builds for anyone that can provide early feedback, otherwise the patches will be included as normal in the next build.

#0506b RPi / RPi2

It works as expected. Please, let me know where I can send you a lot of beer ^^

@popcornmix
You are the man, many... many thanks!

Stupid question, how are the values used to get a performace boost?
(2015-05-06, 23:25)Milhouse Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-05-06, 17:08)Gregoire Wrote: [ -> ]As a plus; pvr iptv simple works like it's a real tv. Switching is smooth and fast. No trouble with kodi rebooting.

That's great, thanks for confirming at least one of the PVR addons is working! Smile

For anyone experiencing Kodi restarts - crashlogs are the minimum required to investigate further.

A crashlog from a debug-enabled build is best as the standard crashlog doesn't always contain the required information, but these debug-enabled builds require a FAT partition of 380MB or so - if you can resize your FAT partition please do so. I've uploaded debug builds based on #0505 here: RPi / RPi2

I will test it again with the new build.
(2015-05-07, 09:28)querty1000 Wrote: [ -> ]Stupid question, how are the values used to get a performace boost?

Default values.
(2015-05-06, 20:55)MortUK74 Wrote: [ -> ]No pvr update for TVHeadend.?

Feedback....
The TVHeadend EPG crashes Kodi in all of the Isengard Testbuild releases lately and has done for quite a while now.
In fact it even crashes a Ubuntu Isengard Alpha2 build I have as well, so it really is borked.

I've reverted back to OpenElec 5.0.8 to get it working with Kodi again.
(2015-05-07, 09:28)querty1000 Wrote: [ -> ]Stupid question, how are the values used to get a performace boost?

By default the CEC button repeat rate is determined by the TV. For some manufacturers this may only be a couple of repeats a second which can be slow for scrolling long lists.
In settings/system/input/peripherals/cec adjust the "repeat rate" from default of 0 to, perhaps 100, which will give ten repeats a second when held down.
(2015-05-07, 06:47)startv Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-05-07, 05:52)Milhouse Wrote: [ -> ]

Code:

At this moment,I have no linux PC and ubuntu Live CD.So I update #0506 from OE 5.0.8, after I enabled DVBViewer PVR, the Pi2 continue rebooting,then I ssh in,and excute the command you just gived, the window show me:
ls: /storage/.kodi/temp/kodi_crash*: No such file or directory
what should I do the next step?

Maybe I missed something (setup),I'll try again late today。

I checked the debug option, then I have tried 3 more times,still I can't get any logfiles. Sorry. Wish somebody to keep on it.