Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: MythTV front-end client built-into to XBMC
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I vaguely remember I had to do two things to get it working.

One was to allow remote connections to the mysql myth database and the second was to re-number my tuners back to 1,2,3 etc. Apparently the cmyth api being used won't see any tuner number higher than 17. If you've messed around a bit with myth during setup your tuners could well be numbered higher than that.

I also added the source as mythtv://username:[email protected] (specifying the IP)

I believe you might also have to properly configure your myth backend with the right ip addresses in mythtv-setup. Using hostname can be problematic and if you've used localhost (127.0.0.1) I believe remote connectivity won't work. You need to use your servers IP address.

Hope that provides other places to look Wink

Cheers,

Arkay.
As far as i know the mythtv protocol returns the epg and livetv channels, so i don't need to make the database available for others the localhost.
The channels are configured to be 1 - 20 (i guess).

But I have set the server ip adress to be 127.0.0.1 in myth-setup. But why are the recordings playing with these settings, but no livetv is available?
cause livetv will request the tuner ipaddress on startup and connect to that. (part of the mythtv support of having multiple slave backends)
Ok, entered the external IP in the setup, now everything works like charme Big Grin

But the livetv is... more blurry then normal tv... any guess why?
I'm having trouble with multiple front ends ( and also with multiple tuners ) and am wondering if this is an issue with my back end setup or with XBMC.

With a single tuner in the back end and one front end ( either Mythtv or XBMC) playing live live TV when I try to play livetv on a second XBMC front end it simply refuses to connect to live TV. I can understand this but it would be good in this situation for XBMC to come up with an error message saying that all the tuners are used and be given the option to either kill the first front end and watch TV on the second or to watch the same channel on the second front end as the first.

With a second tuner in the back end and one front end (either Mythtv or XBMC) playing live live TV when I try to play livetv on a second XBMC front end it still refuses to connect to live TV i.e. it doesn't find the second tuner. However if the first front end is XBMC a second MythTV front end connects to the second tuner no problem.

Thanks
Functionality of this so far is awesome. Thankyou. However I've got a couple of issues that I'm stuck with. Setup is xbox front end, mythbuntu box over the network backend. Network connection is via homeplug AV so there is plenty of bandwidth available and samba video shares stream AOK, however via myth: playback stutters whether it's live or recorded - is this something to do with the DVD player buffer 'bug'?. Secondly, nothing appears in the EPG folder - does the current build take into account the mythfilldatabase may be under a different user depending on the myth setup? Mythbuntu itself has a problem with this if you set up a user account other than mythtv - mythfilldatabase will only run as sudo unless you set up a cron job to do it....or is it just a case of setting up an xbox user in the database?

cheers.
nunrgguy1:
The stuttering is due to the myth protocol seeming to be awefully slow. I've not yet been able to get it working in any reasonble speed.

epg is dependant on access to the database, thus username/pass in the mythtv url must be setup to match your backend sql server + it must be setup to allow external connections (if you are on a different machine).
Ah...makes sense. I'll give it a go. Thanks.
nunrguy1:
Just cause you asked so nicely (albeit abit hard to due to no linebreaks), I took a look at the stuttering issue again Smile.

all:
I created a new updated libcmyth.dll (that is for windows/xbox builds, linux you just need to svn up and recompile). That i hope is quite alot better with the stuttering.
It turned out that we were only reading and processing a single tcp packet from socket each time. This caused large overhead for livetv as it could be made up of many small packets being transmitting.

Just grab this libcmyth.dll and put in system, and let me know how that works out. ps, it's a .rar file if sourceforge screws up on the fileextension.

http://xbmc.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/x...hrev=15592
Smile Awesome. I'll give it a go and report back.
I've given the new DLL a go and it seemed to work fine on the XBox.

It did have a few stuttering moments but I was also trying to see if it magically made fast-forwarding, rewinding or skipping during Live TV work. Alas no Sad

Apart from valuable time and effort to implement, are there any technical reasons why FF, rewind and skipping for Live TV won't work with Myth at some stage?
ff/rw will not work for live tv untill i've gotten seeking to work in some way. also seeking is quite slow on the xbox in recordings, but it does work. this has little todo with myth but with the ffmpeg based mpegts demuxer.
I've had some progress - for anyone else looking for this information the username and passwords required are the ones for mythconverg itself, not one of the usernames you've got set up in the database (as I was).

I've now got a list of channels in the EPG but am unable to get further - there's lots of error messages in the log but w.r.t all channels in the EPG it's this one :
ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(myth://mythtv:[email protected]/guide/6319/) failed

which probably isn't much use...

It's still stuttering like a good 'un even with the new dll, which is a shame Sad
nunrgguy1:
could you pastebin.org your full debug log?
Here you go:

http://pastebin.ca/1204714

The log shows playing of a recording and also EPG attempts.