Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Call to Arms: Combatting Trademark Infringement
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40
This guy is too much Big Grin

http://worldtvondemand.com/
From IRC:
Quote:freekevin BOT [8:27 AM]
hilarious. a pirate piece of software for illegally installing onto your xbox all the stolen movies you have has spit on its roots and bites the hand that feeds it, death knell tolling
you guys should just shoot yourself in the face and get it over with
what ungrateful children, you will go to hell for disrespecting your parents
Honour thy mother and thy father so thine days may be long on this earth

razze [8:45 AM]
good thing that there is no hell ^^

freekevin BOT [9:01 AM]
even if there isnt, its a good story to follow
dont murder, etc
they generally help you in life
watch what happens as you start this retard campaign against your users
maybe you losers who dont want to have anything to do with piracy can go start a new project, called "retard box media player"

razze [9:03 AM]
you obviously haven't understood what this is about, have you even read the blogpost?
anyway this channel is dev talk only, so come back if you want to help codewise

freekevin BOT [9:09 AM]
idc, im here to piss you idiots off for being dumbfucks
please stop dev and go somewhere else, the roots of this software is piracy
everything about it is piracy
it was born out of illegally modding your xbox
to steal games
and steal movies
you are thiefs to be associated with it
Never mind the box-sellers on eBay, even Tesco are at it! --> http://www.tesco.com/direct/mygica-atv58...d=791-0869

"Allows access to free TV, sport & VOD content via Kodi"

OK, it's not 'fully loaded' or anything, but still a bit of a cheek Big Grin
by the looks of the front end it will be fully loaded, I've seen dodgy sellers @ computer fairs with the same type front end and they are fully loaded!
(2016-03-01, 12:03)FXB78 Wrote: [ -> ]Never mind the box-sellers on eBay, even Tesco are at it! --> http://www.tesco.com/direct/mygica-atv58...d=791-0869

"Allows access to free TV, sport & VOD content via Kodi"

OK, it's not 'fully loaded' or anything, but still a bit of a cheek Big Grin

That could mean legal free channels, like iPlayer, ITV etc.
(2016-03-01, 10:19)fritsch Wrote: [ -> ]From IRC:
Quote:freekevin BOT [8:27 AM]
hilarious. a pirate piece of software for illegally installing onto your xbox all the stolen movies you have has spit on its roots and bites the hand that feeds it, death knell tolling
you guys should just shoot yourself in the face and get it over with
what ungrateful children, you will go to hell for disrespecting your parents
Honour thy mother and thy father so thine days may be long on this earth

razze [8:45 AM]
good thing that there is no hell ^^

freekevin BOT [9:01 AM]
even if there isnt, its a good story to follow
dont murder, etc
they generally help you in life
watch what happens as you start this retard campaign against your users
maybe you losers who dont want to have anything to do with piracy can go start a new project, called "retard box media player"

razze [9:03 AM]
you obviously haven't understood what this is about, have you even read the blogpost?
anyway this channel is dev talk only, so come back if you want to help codewise

freekevin BOT [9:09 AM]
idc, im here to piss you idiots off for being dumbfucks
please stop dev and go somewhere else, the roots of this software is piracy
everything about it is piracy
it was born out of illegally modding your xbox
to steal games
and steal movies
you are thiefs to be associated with it

Sounds like a Donald Drumpf supporter...
My neighbour just called me talking nonsense about www.koditips.com being the official site, maybe this is something that should be looked into
Saw this one today. Maybe you should help me in reporting

https://www.facebook.com/lodi.mobi/posts...1496402470
(2016-03-03, 02:35)Oddsodz Wrote: [ -> ]Saw this one today. Maybe you should help me in reporting

That might not be so bad, actually. Sure, the name is a sound-a-like, and the logo is a look-a-like, but not enough that it would cause confusion, in my personal opinion. At least not at first glance. I don't see it taking off since they're charging money for it, but the idea is that people should rebrand if they want to make a modified version of Kodi, and that is what they're doing.
cool beans
I am a multimedia technician and my favorite area is the field of programming and was thinking of developing a project to Kodi but from what I saw, everyone is against each other when there are authorities to combat piracy.

I'm not against the Foundation to be to protect the good name Kodi of certain cash sellers who say that all content is legal when they know they are not, however certain members of the Foundation are against developers who over the years they have contributed their add-ons for the growth of Kodi name and mainly by LUNATIX he also developed this type of content.

I have to say that I know that are being sold by certain selling boxes and that authorities should go after them and to arrest those same people who are damaging the good name of Kodi and are deceiving end users.

It is also regrettable that certain end-users come here to make complaints when they already know that for certain and certain types of content that they install, when they know that by the XBMC / KODI Foundation do not support and that so little answers something about them.

I say this because in most blogs, websites, facebooks where I researched information and what they all say is that they are not official and should not come here to do these kinds of questions because the XBMC / KODI Foundation has nothing to do with they.

I hope this discução us can lead to a successful understanding and not be the end of Kodi center average because without 3rd party addons Kodi not have his grace.

My sincere greetings, a good continuation of the work that has been done so far and I hope that we can all understand that kodi have a great future.

ps: Sorry for my english but I'm Portuguese but I always try to do my best to communicate with people of other nationalities...
The forum language is English only please.
@harlekin - Dude, you have got to give me your dealer's number! I wanna be on your level this weekend.
Can the KODi Team clarify whether the trademark is limited to KODI, or does it also include XBMC and SPMC?

Thank you,
(2016-03-04, 05:18)kduser35 Wrote: [ -> ]Can the KODi Team clarify whether the trademark is limited to KODI, or does it also include XBMC and SPMC?

Thank you,

http://kodi.wiki/view/Official:List_of_F...Trademarks

Koying does SPMC, and I don't think he would be happy with people messing with his name either.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40