Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: KCleaner (Clean up temporary files & other stuff)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33
(2017-03-30, 07:22)DaLanik Wrote: [ -> ]Seems OK now...

Yes ok now. For about two hours yesterday I was getting those errors from KCleaner so I uninstalled both the addon and the repo, reinstalled the repo but it couldn't see your two program addons in their. It's fine now but strange.
Just came across to this thread, will try tonight this addon, just quick question. Is Force Close option available in this addon? If not is it possible to add
Force close what?
(2017-04-03, 23:59)DaLanik Wrote: [ -> ]Force close what?
To shutdown kodi forcefully, because Exit Kodi never working for me (it takes forever to quite kodi) but force close always exits kodi instantly.

And regular path to special path convert option will be welcome too.

And backup and restore option will make this addon complete maintenance addon.
I don't see why would it have to force close Kodi? If it takes forever to exit, you have too much addons Smile But that has nothing to do with maintenance....

What do you mean path convert, you need to be more specific, You think kodi's special:// paths? For what purpose?

For backup, there is another addon which I am sure does good job... no need to duplicate functionality.
(2017-04-04, 08:33)DaLanik Wrote: [ -> ]I don't see why would it have to force close Kodi? If it takes forever to exit, you have too much addons Smile But that has nothing to do with maintenance....

What do you mean path convert, you need to be more specific, You think kodi's special:// paths? For what purpose?

For backup, there is another addon which I am sure does good job... no need to duplicate functionality.
The exit option does not work properly (atleast for me) with aeon nox silvo & with xonfluence. Using force close always works nice.

Special path conversation will be helpful for my skin settings for xonfluence, currently doing it manually, i can continue doing it manually no problem here, was just suggesting.

That backup addon not working for me, need to play around with settings. I am looking for something that i can backup on my PC and restore to Android TV.
(2017-04-04, 12:12)aankkurr Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-04-04, 08:33)DaLanik Wrote: [ -> ]I don't see why would it have to force close Kodi? If it takes forever to exit, you have too much addons Smile But that has nothing to do with maintenance....

The exit option does not work properly (atleast for me) with aeon nox silvo & with xonfluence. Using force close always works nice.

Special path conversation will be helpful for my skin settings for xonfluence, currently doing it manually, i can continue doing it manually no problem here, was just suggesting.

That backup addon not working for me, need to play around with settings. I am looking for something that i can backup on my PC and restore to Android TV.
Backup is out of scope for this addon.. I still don't understand what you exactly mean with path conversion ? How would that be used Huh What exactly to convert ?

Sent from my N7100
(2017-04-04, 12:21)DaLanik Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-04-04, 12:12)aankkurr Wrote: [ -> ]

Backup is out of scope for this addon.. I still don't understand what you exactly mean with path conversion ? How would that be used Huh What exactly to convert ?

Sent from my N7100
I am assuming that I should not post any links here for 3rd party addons due to kodi rules. But if you do quick google search, all those 3rd party wizards comes with this option. When you run this option it runs script that changes your xml file and it replaces

C:\Users\User_Name\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\

With special://home/

It helps when you to keep your background and fanarts and other custom settings when you transfer your complete kodi setrings and/or build to different device.
Aha, I get it now.

Which exactly XML files, do you know?
(2017-04-04, 15:18)DaLanik Wrote: [ -> ]Aha, I get it now.

Which exactly XML files, do you know?
That depends on which addons you have changed settings. The one very common xml needs to change is always skin settings xml.

But my guess would be it runs through all xml files and changes all physical path to special path because that is what is purpose
Sure. That sounds like a good idea... i'll think about it Smile

Sent from my N7100
(2017-04-04, 20:20)aankkurr Wrote: [ -> ]That depends on which addons you have changed settings. The one very common xml needs to change is always skin settings xml.

But my guess would be it runs through all xml files and changes all physical path to special path because that is what is purpose

Is it safe to assume that everythng under Kodi\userdata needs to be changed? I made it and scanned all xml files under userdata and I could find only one addon havving settings with local paths (C:\USers.... etc). It is a question whether this addon does "path conversion" internally, so if I change it to special://, it might stop working.... I guess I'll just put the warning "you are doing this at your own risk" Smile
(2017-04-05, 17:46)DaLanik Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-04-04, 20:20)aankkurr Wrote: [ -> ]That depends on which addons you have changed settings. The one very common xml needs to change is always skin settings xml.

Is it safe to assume that everythng under Kodi\userdata needs to be changed? I made it and scanned all xml files under userdata and I could find only one addon havving settings with local paths (C:\USers.... etc). It is a question whether this addon does "path conversion" internally, so if I change it to special://, it might stop working.... I guess I'll just put the warning "you are doing this at your own risk" Smile
My understanding is (based on my usage) special://home will auto treat path differently on different device depending on OS.

http://kodi.wiki/view/Special_protocol

I don't think so anything will be stop working if it triggers correctly (that depends on your code, you are expert in this, not me).

And I am saying this because I am making kodi setup on my PC. And then I use/transfer same setup to iPad(s), Phone(s), Fire Stick(s), Android TV(s), different PC(S) (Mac & Windows) (for Friends & Family, different people have different devices). As of now works as it suppose to.

And yes, that warning which you mention should be always there even if you are 100% sure because developers should be not blame for their efforts. Its all about trial and error.
v1.9
- Change all occurances of local folder path to special:// in settings files

This option searches for all *.xml files in userdata and settings.xml in userdata\addon_data and changes all paths that contain local path (i.e. c:\Users\AppData...) to Kodi special:// format. That means all xml files on root of userdata (advancedsettings.xml, favourites.xml, guisettings.xml, profiles.xml, RssFeeds.xml, sources.xml, upnpserver.xml) and all settings.xml in addon settings which are under addon_data....
v2.0
- Icon change
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33