Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: KCleaner (Clean up temporary files & other stuff)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33
OK, got it. I'll examine and let you know...

OK, there is error... but you have also to enable logging in Kcleaner addon in settings. Can you please do that and repost the log? Thanx.

from what I see, basically it can't read something...
Quote:09:45:48.532 T:12547   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.IOError'>
                                            Error Contents: [Errno 22] Invalid argument
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/script.kcleaner/default.py", line 1944, in <module>
                                                intCancel = ProcessRepos(0)
                                              File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/script.kcleaner/default.py", line 1144, in ProcessRepos
                                                AddonsInRepo = GetAddonsInRepo(repoxml, r)
                                              File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/script.kcleaner/default.py", line 1191, in GetAddonsInRepo
                                                id = getPathAddons(ri, repo)
                                              File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/script.kcleaner/default.py", line 1255, in getPathAddons
                                                httpdata = f.read()
                                              File "/home/jenkins/workspace/Android-ARM/tools/depends/xbmc-depends/arm-linux-androideabi-21-release/lib/python2.7/gzip.py", line 261, in read
                                              File "/home/jenkins/workspace/Android-ARM/tools/depends/xbmc-depends/arm-linux-androideabi-21-release/lib/python2.7/gzip.py", line 332, in _read
                                              File "/home/jenkins/workspace/Android-ARM/tools/depends/xbmc-depends/arm-linux-androideabi-21-release/lib/python2.7/gzip.py", line 349, in _read_eof
                                            IOError: [Errno 22] Invalid argument
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--
Debug logging in KCleaner was enabled and is still enabled. But I'll send you a new logfile asap.
Strange... and Kodi debug? I don't see any lines from Kcleaner in log, only error...I'd like to pinpoint the repository/file that it crashes on.
I'll check tomorrow. Thanks for your willingness to look into the problem.

EDIT: new logfile has been sent
v3.31
- Small fix

Can you try with this version from the TEST repo and post the log?
(2019-02-10, 14:30)DaLanik Wrote: [ -> ]v3.31
- Small fix

Can you try with this version from the TEST repo and post the log?
Check PM
Any news regarding the issue I reported?
I can't reproduce it....
One thing I do not understand in this addon.
Is this purely about the storage space or also the kodi performance?

Regarding now only the thumbnail cache:
Is it or not that the fuller the cache the better the skin performance and the less HDD accessess?

Whenever I rebuild my thumbnail cache, I hear directly when I scroll through Kodi as all 16 hard disks start up at the same time and get into a sweat.
(2019-02-17, 14:34)chrissix Wrote: [ -> ]One thing I do not understand in this addon.
Is this purely about the storage space or also the kodi performance?

Regarding now only the thumbnail cache:
Is it or not that the fuller the cache the better the skin performance and the less HDD accessess?

Whenever I rebuild my thumbnail cache, I hear directly when I scroll through Kodi as all 16 hard disks start up at the same time and get into a sweat.
Having thumbnails you use cached is good.  Caching stuff you don't need - particularly if you've not much storage - not so much.
The cache does grow over time - once in a blue moon I'll delete mine (and the textures database) and rebuild it from scratch using the texture cache maintenance utility.
Whether it makes a noticeable performance difference on something with plenty of storage space - no idea (though tbh I'd be surprised).
(2019-02-17, 14:43)trogggy Wrote: [ -> ]The cache does grow over time - once in a blue moon I'll delete mine (and the textures database) and rebuild it from scratch using the texture cache maintenance utility.

Ok, let's say it's all about the thumbnail cache. With a cache rebuild (pre-caching) it makes now a difference whether I use texture cache maintenance utility or ArtworkBeef cache preload, or MediaCompanion cache preload?
(2019-02-17, 14:50)chrissix Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-02-17, 14:43)trogggy Wrote: [ -> ]The cache does grow over time - once in a blue moon I'll delete mine (and the textures database) and rebuild it from scratch using the texture cache maintenance utility.

Ok, let's say it's all about the thumbnail cache. With a cache rebuild (pre-caching) it makes now a difference whether I use texture cache maintenance utility or ArtworkBeef cache preload, or MediaCompanion cache preload? 
No idea, sorry.  I've used the TCMU for years, inertia has set in.
(2019-02-17, 12:08)DaLanik Wrote: [ -> ]I can't reproduce it....
That's a pity. It worked fine on Kodi 17.6. Anyway, thanks for your efforts trying to fix it.
Can you try cleaning the temp folder and try again? It gets stuck on local file in temp folder.
(2019-02-17, 22:50)DaLanik Wrote: [ -> ]Can you try cleaning the temp folder and try again? It gets stuck on local file in temp folder.
There are only three empty folders in the temp folder and 1 file: commoncache.db.
Does it get stuck on the commoncache.db file?

EDIT: I cleaned the cache with KCleaner. But there were two orphan files in the archive_cache folder with a rather strange file extension(.fi). The archive_cache folder is a backup folder for Artwork Beef. I deleted these 2 files manually and the two test options in KCleaner work fine now. Thanks!

It is possible that KCleaner and a specific AWB setting can give a conflict in KCleaner?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33